PDA

View Full Version : DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WaS GETTING HIMSELF INTO

Revolution0918
04-16-2009, 10:10 AM
Some poor guy on my campus with GreenPeace stopped me to talk about global warming and signing a pitition for a cap and trade bill......After 45 minutes i had him agree that it was unfounded information, that cap and trade is trading one evil for another, that the real problem was the free market(or the lack there of)and had him talking to people about hr1207 instead of Global Warming.....i feel so proud of myself right now......

the guy was like ya we need green jobs...
me: "ya i totally agree im all for green technology....let the market take care of it"
him: "we dont have time for that, and we dont have a free market"
me: "I agree, thats y ur fightin the wrong fight, go support Ron Paul"
Him: "people wont do that"
me: "What makes u think theyll support GreenPeace then?"
him: "my man, im tryin to keep this planet around so that we can survive"
me: "animals want to survive, its the right of any man to want to live free bro"

georgiaboy
04-16-2009, 10:12 AM
That's Awesome!

torchbearer
04-16-2009, 10:13 AM
congrats. 348,999,999 people to go. :)

Revolution0918
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM
im all for green technology....but there arguments are pretty bogus...

dannno
04-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Some poor guy on my campus with GreenPeace stopped me to talk about global warming and signing a pitition for a cap and trade bill......After 45 minutes i had him agree that it was unfounded information, that cap and trade is trading one evil for another, that the real problem was the free market(or the lack there of)and had him talking to people about hr1207 instead of Global Warming.....i feel so proud of myself right now......

I was registered Green for a while, even though I considered myself more of a green/libertarian, and knew a ton of people who were also. I can tell you there are plenty of very smart uninformed people in that crowd. I got plenty interested into looking at Ron Paul back before the registration deadline for the primaries.

ronpaulhawaii
04-16-2009, 10:31 AM
:cool:

I find the GP people a pretty easy sell, as well. It is easy to be genuine about wanting to leave the place better than we found it... Sincerity is powerful and our solution is the sensible one

Go Grassroots!!!