PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Hypocrisy

JaylieWoW
04-16-2009, 07:45 AM
I think one thing in life I will never be able to understand is the depth of human hypocrisy.

At the Tea Party here in Birmingham I saw many MANY signs in regards to "Close the Border" and Immigration type stuff.

Huckabee took the state of AL in the Republican primaries. Here are all these supposed "Conservatives" protesting taxation many of whom actually voted for Mr. Send me your tax increase bills and I will approve them Huckabee.

Then, in blind and total obtuse faith the same such supposed conservatives jumped right behind the "Give-Amnesty-to-Immigrants-who-broke-the-law McCain". I'm still completely baffled at why conservatives were so hot for McCain.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!!?? WHY DON'T THEY REALLY GET IT!!!!??

Also at the rally were lots of the Pro-life crowd. While I understand that getting your voice heard is important, the TEA parties were NOT about the right to life. I'm sure this is why Huckabee took AL because of his "supposed" strong Pro-Life stance (sorry, he does NOT convince me).

It is this kind of completely moronic stupidity that at times is difficult to overcome when dealing with others on the many issues "we" support (or rather I should say the many we don't support).

Anyway, I am still taking away from this how encouraging it was to know that at least for now people really are pissed off. The negative is that I think they are making it a D or R issue rather than the real FREEDOM & LIBERTY issue that it should be. So long as the rest of the country continues to make it a choice between one or the other we will NEVER be able to come together to do the real job of PROTECTING INDIVIDUAL LIBERTY!

acptulsa
04-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Yeah, that D vs. R crap is a non-choice, a non-issue and a false dichotomy. Our greatest victory would be breaking that down. It would clear the way for so much good. It's also currently D.C.'s most sacred cow.

And that's no coincidence.

But if CNN keeps making it sound like all it means is do they or Fox get more viewers, people will figure it out soon enough.

tmosley
04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
They don't care about issues. They care that there is an R or a D after somebody's name.

angelatc
04-16-2009, 08:58 AM
I think one thing in life I will never be able to understand is the depth of human hypocrisy.

At the Tea Party here in Birmingham I saw many MANY signs in regards to "Close the Border" and Immigration type stuff.

I'm still completely baffled at why conservatives were so hot for McCain.

Also at the rally were lots of the Pro-life crowd. While I understand that getting your voice heard is important, the TEA parties were NOT about the right to life.

But But was a tax protest, not an immigration rally either. It is possible that the McCain supporters are fiscal conservatives.

The Huckabee people are Fair Tax people, so they were a natural fit.

Agent CSL
04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
You have to accept that a lot of people are too busy to care about the facts. They work 8 to 10 hours a day, sit for 2 hours in traffic listening to Roosh Limbag, and when they get home they maybe watch an hour of MSM news before turning to something more entertaining. This is what defines the typical American life.

Accepting that a lot of people are not going to care about facts is how we have to evolve. Most, if not all, Ron Paul Forumers strive to be accurate and soak up the latest news down to the very core. I suppose we have to understand that we can't have in-depth discussions that often with the typical American. So, bullet point.

I know it's enraging. I have arguments with some of the most ignorant people on earth. But through that, I accept that I won't change their habits easily, and I'll find another way to be relevant.

MsDoodahs
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
You have to accept that a lot of people are too busy to care about the facts. They work 8 to 10 hours a day, sit for 2 hours in traffic listening to Roosh Limbag, and when they get home they maybe watch an hour of MSM news before turning to something more entertaining. This is what defines the typical American life.

I just had this discussion with the local GOP club prez.

It's true - Americans are too busy to be able to keep up with what is going on.

Advantage: the state.

heavenlyboy34
04-16-2009, 09:53 AM
I agree that the AVERAGE person doesn't care about the actual facts (for a myriad of reasons). From my observation, the way to overcome this is through sheer numbers. For example, if RPFers persuade 10,000 people, that cancels out of 10, 000 sheeple. ;):D