PDA

View Full Version : Driver drives into Tea Party in New Port Richey

Elwar
04-16-2009, 07:38 AM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/breakingnews/2009/04/fhp-driver-injures-new-port-richey-tea-party-protester.html

"The problem, troopers say, is the driver pulled right into this afternoon's "tea party" protest at Gulf View Square.

Melanie M. Schrey, a 23-year-old from New Port Richey, was driving south on U.S. 19 in the righthand turn lane, according to an FHP report, when she tried to turn right into the driveway of Mel's Diner at 9223 U.S. 19."

btw...Mel's Diner has been closed for over a year.

From the comment section:
"Well, I was there and the road rage princess was to blame I feel in the sense that:
When she first rolled up she saw all the protestors and actually slowed down and threatened to hit the people who were in her way!! People should not have been on the leading edge of the street granted, but when you are in charge of a 2,000 pound vehicle it is incumbent upon you to react accordingly to any road hazard! She initially came to a stop at THE BEGINNING of the protest line and screamed the above mentioned threats and then continued on 200 ft or so before turning in to Mel's old parking lot all the while seeing that there was a line of protestors on the entrance apron into that property! If she had stopped or slowed down (the protestors were in the process of making way for her) this would not have happened! But no, road rage princess drove like she was pretending no one was there and then whoops!..."didn't see you there" was her attitude but that's ok, someone allegedly got it on video and if that's the case her goose is really cooked! Again, while people should not have been on the edge of the road and sometimes finding themselves in it, this man was well away from the road and was halfway up the Apron 3 people thick in the crowd so she had no excuse for her behaviour with regards to driving. From the looks of her she was in a desperate rush to get to the cinn-a-bon in the mall behind us to which I say: Don't worry honey, they're open 'till 9:00pm and it was only around six o'clock!"

On a side note, my wife was driving past there and she called me saying "There's a bunch of Ron Paul people out here...". I told her that it was a Tea Party protest...she was like "Oh, well I saw signs about the Constitution so I assumed they were Ron Paul supporters".

acptulsa
04-16-2009, 07:41 AM
I wish she'd come to Oklahoma with that 'tude. We'd bury her and leave black roses on her grave.