PDA

View Full Version : New york City Hall TEA PARTY Post-Report

AuH20
04-15-2009, 10:17 PM
I just got back from New York City Hall. It was electric and the turnout was unbelievable for a New York City event. The Campaign for Liberty was active bringing awareness to HR 1207, the bill authored by Ron Paul which will audit the transactions of the Federal Reserve. It was a conglomerate of mainstream conservatives, libertarians, paleos, independents and frustrated democrats. I had my two huge signs (I'll post them tomorrow). On one side I had a white house photo of Bush, Clinton, Obama all lined up like bosom buds and the statement "Enemies of the Republic, We are Watching You!" written out in bold, red lettering above. Everyone I came across wanted to take photo with this sign. On the other side of the gigantic placard, I had the headline "Ron Paul was Right!" beneath the image of the now disgraced Alan Greenspan depicted as a bloodsucking vampire, with the ominous Federal Reserve building in the background. Ben Bernanke's head was appropriately plastered on the body of a dog happily wagging. Without a doubt, the piece de resistance of the evening was when the crowd erupted with a "Fire Schumer" chant.

TER
04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Awe-some.

Nirvikalpa
04-15-2009, 10:50 PM
How many people?!

AuH20
04-15-2009, 10:53 PM
How many people?!

My guess at the height of the event? Easily 3000+ and the event started at 7 pm eastern. But I couldn't see all the way behind me due to all the signs. We had both sides of the avenue which extended for 2 city blocks.

AuH20
04-17-2009, 01:03 PM
The NYPD estimate 12,000 attended the event??? I was way off.

http://urbanelephants.com/index.php/herd/782-nyc-qtea-partyq-draws-thousands.html

MsDoodahs
04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Great turnout!

Were you able to post pics of your signs? I loved your description, would love to see them!