PDA

View Full Version : Has FOX news done a 180?

Dr.3D
04-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I remember how Fox News did just about everything it could to keep Ron Paul from getting any kind of coverage during the presidential race as did CNN and the others.

Could it be Glenn Beck moved from CNN (who did pretty much the same thing to Ron Paul) so he could join Fox News when they did their 180 degree turn from what they had been doing before and during the presidential elections?

What's up with Fox News?
Am I missing something?

Trigonx
04-15-2009, 08:00 PM
aye

check this thread
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177088

pcosmar
04-15-2009, 08:07 PM
NO

They have not done a 180. They are on the same track. They are using Ron Paul and the R3VOLution to their own ends.

They are Propaganda. That does not change.
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation, aimed at serving an agenda. Even if the message conveys true information, it may be partisan and fail to paint a complete picture. The book Propaganda And Persuasion defines propaganda as "the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."

BTW,,,, CNN, ABC, CBS etc. are all in the same business and are working to the same ends.

Dr.3D
04-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, the silver lining is, they are (from what I can see) the only ones covering the Tea Parties.
I am also hearing static from CNN and some of the others about how they dislike Fox News doing what they are doing.

Is this supposed to be something like the 'good cop', 'bad cop' act they play at the police stations? This of course being 'Fox News' playing the 'good cop' or perhaps 'bad cop' depending on the opinion of the viewer while the other news outlets are playing the counterpart in the act.

Pitting the MSM news outlets against one of their own seems like something we wouldn't normally see. Why are the powers that be, doing such a thing?

Dripping Rain
04-15-2009, 08:30 PM
i agree with pcosmar. also dont forget news orgs and pundits only care about ratings. it has to do with personal Ego and Advertisement revenue. noone gives a crap what you think

pcosmar
04-15-2009, 08:39 PM
Pitting the MSM news outlets against one of their own seems like something we wouldn't normally see. Why are the powers that be, doing such a thing?

It is called "Controlled Opposition".

I also suspect that some of it is intended to provoke some to take a negitive action so that a response ( Martial Law) can be imposed.
Time will tell.

DamianTV
04-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Fox is a tool, but even as a tool, they still have to look at their bottom line.

If everyone stops watching Fox News because the news they promote doesnt agree with their point of view at all, they lose their bottom line. Be careful of tactics like this, because as quickly as they can appear to do a 180 and be pro Ron Paul, they can do the same thing and reverse their views again and try to lull partially awake individuals back to sleep.

IE, continue thinking for yourself and promote other people to derive their own conclusions, not derive them from what they are told to think.

SWATH
04-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Fox is just trying to turn the tea parties into a Republican thing so the the other networks can be against it. If they can pigeon hole it into a Republican vs Democrat thing it is MUCH easier to control.

idiom
04-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Ron Paul was only mentioned on Fox today in connection to Pirates.

Did ya hear Hannity talking about how we need to end the war to lower spending? No?

SWATH
04-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Ron Paul was only mentioned on Fox today in connection to Pirates.

Did ya hear Hannity talking about how we need to end the war to lower spending? No?

No but i did hear Limbaugh making fun of Ron Paul's idea of use letters of Marque against piracy. Ironically, he said this after he just got done ranting about how politicians don't follow the Constitution anymore.:mad:

heavenlyboy34
04-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Hannity, Huckabee, and Boortz used their "tea party" to promote the "fair tax". Once a lying, deceitful SCUMBAG, lying, deceitful SCUMBAG! :mad::p