PDA

View Full Version : Why I am attending our local Tea Party

Deborah K
04-15-2009, 11:29 AM
This was my reply this morning to a good friend who wasn't planning on going:

I'll be at one of the Tea Parties tonight with several of my family members and friends. I don't care if Fox News and the neocons are trying to co-opt the message. And I'm not worried at all about ACORN. Soon, they will be among the discredited as there are several federal investigations against them.

I'll be there with several posters and flyers to spread the message of freedom. You know that old saying: "If you can't beat em, join em." ? Well I've adapted it: " If you can't beat em, infiltrate." The Minutemen will be at these rallies, along with pro-2nd amendment folks.

I've been working long and hard over the last year, sending information to the MSM (among other things) trying to get them to see what's happening. Now that the power has changed hands (perceivably), some in the media are starting to adopt, or co-opt, our message. So be it, if it wakes the sleeping among us. I intend to use this opportunity to our advantage. I don't trust the MSM, but I'm not beyond using them to spread the message. Two can play that game. Or in our case, a few million. ;)

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 11:31 AM
Thank you. Magnificent counterpoint to that other thread. We can feel overwhelmed and give up, in which case they win, or we can overwhelm them. Which stands a chance of helping our children to better lives?

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 11:55 AM
This was my reply this morning to a good friend who wasn't planning on going:

I know this is inappropriate.

But...

You are super smart and sexy.

It gives us boring Libertarians hope!

Deborah K
04-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Bump for calm logic and reason with regard to the Tea Parties

Kraig
04-15-2009, 01:32 PM
I am attending for the same reasons.

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I will be leaving for the alexandria tea party in a couple of hours.
I'm going to be the 'ron paul' representative. If they let me speak, then I will speak to the crowd.

Kraig
04-15-2009, 01:50 PM
I will be leaving for the alexandria tea party in a couple of hours.
I'm going to be the 'ron paul' representative. If they let me speak, then I will speak to the crowd.

How did you pull off being the Ron Paul rep? Officially or are you just doing it?

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 02:00 PM
How did you pull off being the Ron Paul rep? Officially or are you just doing it?

Well, I am the C4L district rep for this area... but I just do it, because if I don't.. who will?
I am known in this area as a Ron Paul Revolutionary... when I show up, people know me... treat me with some degree of celebrity.. and thus, I carry the banner wherever I go.
I even have Campaign for Liberty Decal/magnets on the sides of my vehicle. Local neocons scurry like roaches when I arrive. Tonight will be no different. I hope Rodney Alexander is there tonight so I can thank him for Co-sponsoring HR 1207, and tell him if he keeps supporting these types of legislation, I look forward to campaigning for him in 2010.
The last time he was in town, he waited at my family diner until I was through with customers to talk with me. He knows I hold sway with the local activist.
This is all the product of the hard work in Ron's campaign in this state.

Kraig
04-15-2009, 02:02 PM
Sounds like you'll have a good time then. :D Props to you for doing it.

euphemia
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Most politicians can't hear, but they can see.

When they see 10,000 people on Legislative Plaza, they will know quite a few people in their districts might be a little bit dissatisfied with the quality of representation in Washington.

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Sounds like you'll have a good time then. :D Props to you for doing it.

If I can do it, so can you. Everyone needs to be their own Ron Paul.

Kraig
04-15-2009, 02:09 PM

I decided to just show up with my Ron Paul shirt and a sign, and I am going to hand out some audit the fed stuff. I just couldn't handle speaking to a crowd at all, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Deborah K
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I've had 500 flyers made for the tea party

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here they are:

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&att...lication%2Fpdf

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&att...lication%2Fpdf

I'm heading out to get poster board and make signs. :D

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 02:15 PM
I decided to just show up with my Ron Paul shirt and a sign, and I am going to hand out some audit the fed stuff. I just couldn't handle speaking to a crowd at all, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Do you find that when you are talking to people about liberty, that you can't help yourself.. that the words just flow from you.. almost like you are an evangelical preacher on TV?
I do. I don't have to write a speech, or think about what I want to say. I just say what I feel at that moment.
Right now, I think it is important for people to realize who they really are... that they are all Kings and Queens, they are all sovereign and powerful beings.
We need people to be empowered and to feel like they do make a difference... because working together- we do.
The money bombs taught me that. I have a story I tell about the founding of this country... about the first time that the colonist themselves became kings in their own right. Its a powerful story.
You need to find your story.

ItsTime
04-15-2009, 02:16 PM
Deb your links are broken in this thread

Deborah K
04-15-2009, 02:17 PM
Deb your links are broken in this thread

CRAP! Does anyone know how I can link pdf files? I thought I could do it with google.

ItsTime
04-15-2009, 02:20 PM
CRAP! Does anyone know how I can link pdf files? I thought I could do it with google.

The ones in the other thread work. But I think you cut and pasted the shortened address?

nobody's_hero
04-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm going, even if it's just to find out what we're up against. The Americans for Prosperity group is hosting the one nearest to where I live.

I'm gonna print out a few CFL flyers and maybe I'll take a camera in case there are any cool signs I see.

It's more of an intelligence gathering mission for me than a protest. Considering that the neocons will probably outnumber me 100 to 1, I just hope there is some intelligence to gather. :p

If I find someone who seems genuinely interested in Ron Paul's ideas, I'll probably give away my copy of The Revolution: A Manifesto. But, I have to be somewhat convinced that the recipient will actually read it.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Can't help it, I refuse to kneel down or prostrate myself for others. I prefer to be self-reliant

What about you? Do you give a shit?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell ---

Deborah K
04-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Can't help it, I refuse to kneel down or prostrate myself for others. I prefer to be self-reliant

What about you? Do you give a shit?

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell ---

Oz, did you get my message?

Deborah K
04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
The ones in the other thread work. But I think you cut and pasted the shortened address?

hmm...do these work?

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&attid=0.1&thid=120aadfa2f87276b&mt=application%2Fpdf

http://docs.google.com/gview?a=v&attid=0.2&thid=120aadfa2f87276b&mt=application%2Fpdf

The second one is CFL's 'audit the fed doc'.

Deborah K
04-15-2009, 02:34 PM

You rock, Brent! So does everyone whose going and spreading our message.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Oz, did you get my message?

Yes.

Start rocking the foundations!

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Grab my mis-directed accountant brother in Albuquerque and slap him around the chops a couple of times.

I spoke to him today.

He is a lost puppy...