PDA

View Full Version : Cnn "Ireport" "Unamerican not to pay taxes"

almantimes2
04-15-2009, 09:58 AM
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-244320
Wow.

Mini-Me
04-15-2009, 10:00 AM
...what false definition of "American" is this idiot using?

AuH20
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't mind paying reasonable taxes if the government adhered to a balanced budget, minus the coaxing of the Federal Reserve.

tmosley
04-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Of course, American people are weak and compliant. Those affiliated with their individual states, not so much.

Texas has no state income tax :D

paulitics
04-15-2009, 10:06 AM
He does not understand the role of the federal govt, or the tax sytstem in general. He is just regurgitating what he learned at the university.

The thing that makes my skin crawl is the you must pay taxes to pay for the roads B.S. That is a local issue, as is education, and most others. The most eduacted liberals always make this mistake.

Ozwest
He suffers from a Rectal - Cranial Syndrome.

dannno
Well, he did make an interesting point about income taxes being too high relative to capital gains taxes.. That was the only thing I could find to agree with.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Nice of him to admit that Obama's cabinet is un-American, though. Regardless of how faulty the reasoning was that he used to get there, in that respect he arrived at the truth.

paulitics
04-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Well, he did make an interesting point about income taxes being too high relative to capital gains taxes.. That was the only thing I could find to agree with.

I agree there too. I think the income tax and payroll tax are the most immoral because it taxes labor. Most people can never get ahead if 30% - 55% is going towards these two taxes. Most people who make alot of money, do not earn high incomes, but are wealthy.

The Rich Dad Poor dad series explains this better than anything else.

cheapseats
04-15-2009, 10:13 AM
I-Report is brazen trading off of apple's i-bonanza, but it's white collar trademark infringement so I guess it's okay. No such thing as Intellectual Property Rights, eh?

CNN: CRIMINAL NIGHTLY NEWS

CNN: COMMUNIST NEWS-ISH NETWORK

CNN: THE MOST TRUST NAME IN PROPAGANDA

CNN: CHARLATANS, NINCOMPOOPS & N'ER-DO-WELLS

mczerone
04-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Even when there is a general benefit conferred to a populous, not everybody needs to billed. Some would have wanted a different project. Others may have agreed with the project, but though a different means should have been used. Still others want to gain from the project more than what they will be taxed - shouldn't they have to contribute more?

The problem can be solved by simply getting government out the business of those projects where 'free-riders' are a problem, and letting private industry find the solutions that actually respond to the values of interested parties, instead of solutions proposed by one group to exploit another.

But to believe this, one would first have to spend a great deal of time and effort unlearning the lessons that government is the only vehicle to help large groups and that private industry exploits anyone when allowed to run without government 'regulation'.

Americans need to unlearn.

mczerone
04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
The Rich Dad Poor dad series explains this better than anything else.

Remember that Kyosaki predicted that the great crash would be around 2010-2015, as the baby boomers evolve from speculators into sellers.

We haven't seen anything yet in terms of 'crises' or corrections.

paulitics
04-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Remember that Kyosaki predicted that the great crash would be around 2010-2015, as the baby boomers evolve from speculators into sellers.

We haven't seen anything yet in terms of 'crises' or corrections.

I would agree with him. I'm just not sure if there is going to be one more short lived phony bubble before the whole deck of cards come crashing down. Either way, the worst will occur between 2010 - 2015.

What is going to cause it to come crashing down is that the baby boomers are going to devolve from productive workers to liabilities where every worker will be supporting a retired person.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 10:29 AM
What is going to cause it to come crashing down is that the baby boomers are going to devolve from productive workers to liabilities where every worker will be supporting a retired person.

Truth be known, a big part of the problem is that a goodly number of them have been liabilities pretty much their whole lives--working for the government, 'earning' borrowed dollars and remaining intentionally deaf to reason.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 10:29 AM
Sorry to crash your party, but when are you guys going to buck up!

After Wall Street and the Politicians have reamed you.

As America is dismantled, why don't you reflect upon your fore-fathers?

And..

START KICKING SOME ASS!

ChaosControl
04-15-2009, 10:42 AM
It is unAmerican to WANT to pay taxes.

malkusm
04-15-2009, 10:45 AM
It is unAmerican to WANT to pay taxes.

Oh hush. It's only tea.

Stary Hickory
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
The most patriotic thing Americans can do is NOT pay taxes. We need not feed the tyrannical beast anymore. I hope and pray everyday that more Americans will stop paying taxes, just let behemoth die so that Americans can live their lives and prosper.

If you are truly for liberty and freedom don't pay taxes.

ItsTime
04-15-2009, 01:08 PM
So did that shit face asshole give the government more then they asked for this year?! If he thinks its so great he can come pay my taxes for me and bet twice the American :rolleyes: