PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Rally-Chicago-Sept. 22

Nefertiti
09-18-2007, 03:59 PM
The head of one of our local Meetup groups wrote the following to encourage people to attend the Ron Paul rally here in Chicago. I thought this heartfelt letter does a superb job at selling Ron Paul or at least making people interested in learning more about him. Perhaps it will inspire others to write similar letters. Here it is in full:

Dear Friends and Family,

I can't ever think of a time that I have emailed my friends and family about a politician for public office. At this important time in our nation's history I am very excited to write you about a 2008 candidate for President, U.S. Congressman Ron Paul. I consider Ron Paul the most principled and honorable leader that our country has seen in my lifetime, perhaps longer, and he is coming to Chicago this weekend to deliver his message of Peace, Freedom, and Prosperity!

I have never before taken such proactive action towards electing a candidate to office. It's because until now I never found a candidate whose message rings so very true to me. Ron Paul is worth it. I believe that Ron Paul is the Thomas Jefferson of our generation!

You are invited to meet 2008 Presidential Candidate Ron Paul at rally this Saturday at the Chicago Hyatt Regency Hotel. http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/illinois-events/

What: Chicago Ron Paul Peace, Freedom, and Prosperity Walk

Who: Open to the public. All are invited.

Where: Millennium Park Chicago, Illinois (Assemble near "The Bean")

Walk from Millennium Park to Ron Paul's Chicago Hyatt Regency's Rally for Peace and Freedom.

When: Saturday, September 22nd, 2007 1:00 PM

Why: To support Ron Paul message of Peace, Freedom and Prosperity!

Note: This isn't a protest! We've done this type of walk before. We will be peacefully and orderly walking on the sidewalks from Millennium Park ½ of a mile to the rally inside the Chicago Hyatt Regency. We are hoping Ron Paul will be walking with us, but he may not make it due to him coming directly from a conference in Michigan.

What: Ron Paul for President Peace, Freedom, and Prosperity Rally

Who: Open to the public. All are invited. Ron Paul will be speaking at this event!

Where: Chicago Hyatt Regency Hotel

151 East Wacker Drive,
Chicago, Illinois, USA 60601

When: Saturday, September 22nd, 2007 3:00 PM

Why: To introduce the public to Congressman Ron Paul's message of Peace, Freedom, and Prosperity! Over a thousand people are anticipated to come.

You can see more details and RSVP at www.RonPaul2008.com/events

For those of you who don't know Ron Paul he is; a former member of our Air Force and National Guard as a Flight Surgeon, delivered over 4,000 babies as an OB/GYN , and is currently a U.S. Congressman from Lake Jackson, Texas serving his tenth term. He is the only anti-war republican candidate for President, he has been named the "Champion of the Constitution", and "Taxpayers Best Friend" His bio and positions can be found at www.RonPaulLibrary.org.

I have the greatest respect and admiration for Ron Paul, and I believe this nation would be a much better place if we had more people like him in public office throughout our land. As the leader of our country's Peace, Freedom and Prosperity movement, he is our country's best hope as President in 2008. I hope you take the time this weekend to hear him speak. I believe that Ron Paul's message of Peace, Prosperity, and Freedom will resonate with you unlike any politician has ever done before. I hope you will come to hear it this weekend!

I support Ron Paul for President! Here are some of the reasons why:

* Ron Paul had the foresight to vote against the Iraq War, and wants to bring our troops home immediately!
* Ron Paul is the "Champion of the Constitution", and he is one of a few who takes his oath of office support and defend the Constitution of the United States seriously. Ron Paul has voted against every bill that is contrary to or prohibited by the Constitution!
* Ron Paul believes in a foreign policy of non-interventionism, that does not provoke anger and terrorism towards our country!
* Ron Paul is the only candidate that talks about living beyond our means and the dangers of our National Deficit!
* Ron Paul has never voted for an unbalanced budget, and will immediately stop monetary inflation once elected President!
* Ron Paul wants to reduce unconstitutional federal government spending and shrink taxes!
* Ron Paul believes that purpose of government is to preserve the life, liberty, and property of each and every individual, and to ensure the peace and prosperity for our nation!
* Has delivered over 4,000 babies and as a doctor he has amazing plans to reverse the slide of our nation's health care system by using dollar for dollar tax deductions, increased medical freedom, and supporting charities!
* He was named "Taxpayers Best Friend Ever" by the National Taxpayers Union!
* I believe that Ron Paul is the Thomas Jefferson of our generation and I will do whatever I can to help his Peace and Freedom movement.
* There are many, many more reasons that I support Ron Paul, and those reasons can be found at RonPaul2008.com and RonPaulLibrary.org

Ron Paul is one of the most principled and courageous men I have ever known. He believes in our Constitution, and has voted that way for all of his 10 terms in Congress, even when he sometimes has had to stand alone. Most noticeably was his stance against his own Republican Party's leadership when it came to the Iraq War, the Constitutional destroying Patriot Act, and their intolerable deficit spending and inflationary policies. There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles. Ron Paul is one of those few. Ron Paul makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.

I have started a Ron Paul meetup.com group for the Western and Northwestern suburbs of Chicago http://ronpaul.meetup.com/185/. We now number over 125 volunteers, and we have spread Ron's message through dozens of events locally. Our group is one of many Ron Paul meetup.com groups in Illinois. There are nearly 1,000 groups nationwide and 45,000 dedicated volunteers, much more than any other Presidential candidate. Dr. Ron Paul's message resonates across party lines, as many democrats, republicans, and independents alike have joined in our movement. We are part of a coalition of groups organizing this event and I strongly encourage all of you to attend!

As you can tell I am very passionate about Ron Paul for many, many reasons. I will stop gushing about him for now. Rather than hearing it from me, I encourage you to come to the rally this weekend and hear it from Ron Paul himself. You will not be disappointed!

Sincerely,

Brian Costin

P.S. If you are interested in helping our country achieve more Peace, Freedom, Prosperity, and respect for our Constitution please email this to everyone you know. Also, if you are so inclined, it wouldn't hurt to forward this information on to your local media.

"I am just absolutely convinced that the best formula for giving us peace and preserving the American way of life is freedom, limited government, and minding our own business overseas." –Ron Paul

--
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list (ronpaul-94@meetup.com)
This message was sent by Brian Costin (bmcosti@gmail.com) from The Greater Chicago Ron Paul 2008 Meetup Group.
To learn more about Brian Costin, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe or to update your mailing list settings, click here

Meetup.com Customer Service: support@meetup.com
632 Broadway New York NY 10012 USA

pennycat
09-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Forwarding to family that lives in Chicago!

vanadium
09-18-2007, 04:40 PM
My wife and I will be in attendance; we're nearby in Wicker Park.

Nefertiti
09-19-2007, 03:50 AM
Bump. The official campaign just sent out an email about becoming a delegate in Illinois, for those who are interested.

deedles
09-19-2007, 06:27 AM
A whole busload of us meetup people are coming down from Wisconsin that day... We're leaving Kenosha at 1200, is that enough time to get down there and make the walk from the park to the Hyatt? If so, I'll notify the organizer of the bus trip to drop us at the park..

angelatc
09-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Plenty of time. Kenosha is only about an hour out fo the city, isn't it? We looked at living there.

nullvalu
09-19-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm soooo pissed I was so looking forward to going but something came up and I'm going to miss it.... AARRGGH!!! probably my only chance to see Dr. Paul speak.. There better be a video camera there... :mad: :mad: :mad:

nullvalu
09-19-2007, 08:51 AM
A whole busload of us meetup people are coming down from Wisconsin that day... We're leaving Kenosha at 1200, is that enough time to get down there and make the walk from the park to the Hyatt? If so, I'll notify the organizer of the bus trip to drop us at the park..

I'd recommend leaving a little earlier & park at the millenium garage.. then join the march at 1:00 at millenium park to the hyatt (should be less than a 30 minute walk)..

JMann
09-19-2007, 08:55 AM
They hear the shouts of the peasants from over the hill. All the knights and barons will be riding into the castle pulling up the drawbridge in a minute. All the peasants are coming with pitchforks. We're going to take this over the top."

-PJ Buchanan

Bruehound
09-19-2007, 09:13 AM
Bump and a call out to vendors of RP signs and shirts.....

many have been asking for these items so if you have a trunk load to move we have a market for you this Saturday in Chicago !!!!!

fiddler1
09-19-2007, 09:57 AM
I'd recommend leaving a little earlier & park at the millenium garage.. then join the march at 1:00 at millenium park to the hyatt (should be less than a 30 minute walk)..

I just emailed the bus trip organizer about this.. Im not sure we can leave earlier as we have over 50 people set to meet around 11:30 and leave by noon. Also we only have the bus for 8 hours.. I for one would love to join this walk though. Lets see what happens..

cujothekitten
09-19-2007, 10:36 AM
I'll be there :D

Materialist
09-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I just emailed the bus trip organizer about this.. Im not sure we can leave earlier as we have over 50 people set to meet around 11:30 and leave by noon. Also we only have the bus for 8 hours.. I for one would love to join this walk though. Lets see what happens..
You'll be cutting it close for the Walk. People will start meeting for the walk at 1:00 PM, but the walk is supposed to start at 1:45 PM.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/94/calendar/6376984/

Santana28
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
i'd suggest leaving a little earlier... i live on the border of IL with WI and we left an hour beforehand for the march a month ago... traffic is an issue, but you also have to add time for actually driving through down town and finding a parking garage (which is like, $13-$20 btw) and then walking through the garage up the elevator over to the bean. It took like 30-45 min just to get to the bean once we actually made it down town. I'd leave at least an hour and a half beforehand.

Craig_R
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I've got to work late friday night and I suffer from DSPS (sleeping disorder) but I'm planning on attending. Will be great to see the president in person.