PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why on earth?!

SwanMaiden
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Why on earth do Republican candidates (other than RP of course) keep using stories about animal cruelty and neglect to illustrate their points? Do they think it is funny? Cute and endearing? More like disturbing.

First it was Mitt Romney and his "I am going to illustrate my presidential good judgment with a story about the time I strapped the family dog to the roof of the car in a crate for a 12 hour road trip. Then, when he had diarrhea all over himself and the car out of sheer terror, I was smart enough to figure out to pull over and hose him and the car off before continuing on my merry way. Aren't I logical and cool under pressure?" I remember that it backfired and did not go over well with the public.

Apparently not one to learn from other's mistakes, last night at the Values Voter debate we were treated to Tom Tancredo's long winded and bizarre tale about his pastor and his pastor's wife. Apparently they "had" to go on vacation but did not have enough money to board their two dogs in a kennel. What would a normal, logical, non-cruel person do in such a situation? Pay the neighbor kid $25 to come feed them once a day? Ask a parishioner? Take a shorter vacation and use the extra money to board the dogs properly? Nah! Instead this supposed man of God and his wife decided to indulge in the height of irresponsibilty and just leave out a big bowl of food and water while "hoping it would work." They returned home to find that the dominant dog, "Hansel" had kept the submissive one "Gretel" away from the food and eaten it all himself, resulting in her being emaciated. (Yeah, going a week or two without food will tend to do that, I just pray these people never decide to have children or they will end up worse off than Britney Spears' two kids.) Then, to make things even worse Tancredo tries to use this story as a metaphor for following our better impulses and feeding the spirit or some crap like that. It was terribly awkward and inappropriate, and resulted in him repeating the phrase "feed Gretel" over and over. Not only was it an awful attempt at a metaphor, but I am sure most sane people weren't thinking about spirituality when he kept saying "feed Gretel," but instead were thinking, "Yeah, why the hell didn't they?":rolleyes:

Is it just me? I cannot for the life of me imagine Dr. Paul ever saying something so stupid and unsettling.

Dustancostine
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
If we were mean we could show up at Tancredo events with signs that said:

"Mr. Tancredo, Please Feed Gretel"