PDA

View Full Version : Ha! Dems dubbing Cantor "Dr. No"

georgiaboy
04-15-2009, 07:43 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0409/21214.html

GOP scrambles to show it has ideas
By PATRICK O'CONNOR & MIKE ALLEN | 4/14/09 4:14 AM EDT Text Size:

House Republican Whip Eric Cantor takes great pains these days to prove he has a raft of ideas of his own.

House Republican Whip Eric Cantor — the man Democrats dubbed “Dr. No” — is taking great pains these days to prove he has a raft of ideas of his own.

Stung by the Democratic barbs, the House’s No. 2 Republican is unveiling a “Solutions Center” on the Web to address simple questions Americans are asking themselves in the face of economic calamity: “How will I keep my job?” ... “How will I keep my house?” ... “How will I grow my savings?”

The goal is to answer the questions with Republican proposals that contrast starkly with legislation offered by President Barack Obama and his congressional allies.

Cantor acknowledges that Republicans “need to work to make sure the message gets out” around a still-popular president with a dramatic command of his bully pulpit.

blah,blah,blah. Ok, "Dr. No", let's see just how stark your proposals are. My guess, not so much.

For those new here, Ron Paul has been called Dr. No for decades, because (1) he's an ob/gyn, and (2), he's voted (mostly alone) "No" to thousands of bills over the last 30 years as a Congressman, primarily because the bills fail the primary test, that being whether or not the bill or resolution falls within the scope of Constitutionality both in authority and content.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 08:06 AM
And because he just says no when lobbyists offer to buy him lobster bisque. It was actually lobbyists who hung the name on him, as I understand it.

Cowlesy
04-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Eric Cantor is neck-deep in financial firm lobbyists and money. Check out his ERICPAC (Every Republican Is Crucial)

Dripping Rain
04-15-2009, 08:33 AM
beeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
wrong
Ron Paul is Dr Know. cantor can keep the no for himself

He Who Pawns
04-15-2009, 08:42 AM
This strategy by the Dems to label the GOP the "party of no" is foolish. In fact, most Americans WANT congress to say "Hell NO!" to most of these bailouts and spending sprees.

slothman
04-15-2009, 10:38 AM
That's what I wanted to be.
If I ever got in Congress I would vote against everything.
That saves me alot of time because I don't have to "not"(it's not like they read them now" read the laws.

georgiaboy
04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
And because Ron Paul just says no when lobbyists offer to buy Ron Paul lobster bisque. It was actually lobbyists who hung the name on Ron Paul, as I understand it.

edited for (maybe just my own) clarity. :)