View Full Version : Yahoo's Front Page: Ron Paul's Piracy Plan

bobbyw24
04-15-2009, 07:13 AM
http://www.yahoo.com

Buzz it up

bobbyw24
04-15-2009, 07:49 AM
Buzz it now

http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/1:y_news:e40188ec28ffe0f90d47d6a03583b75c/Ron-Pauls-plan-to-fend-off-pirates-Politico

hillertexas
04-15-2009, 07:56 AM
buzzed

He Who Pawns
04-15-2009, 07:59 AM
so this Yahoo Buzz thingy is getting kind of popular now, huh? it's sort of similar to digg in some ways.

BTW, I love this quote from Dr Paul:

“I think if every potential pirate knew this would be the case, they would have second thoughts because they could probably be blown out of the water rather easily if those were the conditions,” Paul said.

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 08:26 AM
buzzin

diggronpaul
04-15-2009, 10:46 AM
WTF, Ron Paul is endorsing Blackwater type ops???

Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) and a growing number of national security experts are calling on Congress to consider using letters of marque and reprisal, a power written into the Constitution that allows the United States to hire private citizens to keep international waters safe.

What does "keep safe" mean?

allowing privateers to seize or destroy enemies, their loot and their vessels in exchange for bounty money.

What does "seize or destroy enemies" mean?

Doesn't anyone here see the madness in this? Do you really want privately funded navy's the power to "patrol" international waters and murder suspected "enemies"?

This is outrageous!

P.S. So interesting that Yahoo has named its service "Buzz," referring to Bees buzzing the Bee Hive. If you don't understand the importance of this symbology, then you don't understand how society works.

ARealConservative
04-15-2009, 10:53 AM

Doesn't anyone here see the madness in this? Do you really want privately funded navy's the power to "patrol" international waters and murder suspected "enemies"?

This is outrageous!

P.S. So interesting that Yahoo has named its service "Buzz," referring to Bees buzzing the Bee Hive. If you don't understand the importance of this symbology, then you don't understand how society works.

Are you fucking serious?

Do I want individuals to have the power to patrol international waters? Yes. If individuals don['t have this power, how do they transfer this authority to government?

diggronpaul
04-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Are you fucking serious?

Do I want individuals to have the power to patrol international waters? Yes. If individuals don['t have this power, how do they transfer this authority to government?

A few things....

First, do you have any idea where they are taking us with this one?... the social engineering that's in-play here?

Second, are these pirates really such a serious threat, which merit such drastic action? Or are they merely another manufactured "threat"?

Third, let's not get caught in another dialectical trap, spinning our wheels bounded solely in the "boxed" discussion of "should the gov't contract with private parties to conduct warfare on their behalf"?

Finally, its one thing for a private party to have the power to defend themselves, it is quite another for the gov't to actively sanction and reward private party's who make war on the gov't's behalf.

Feenix566
04-15-2009, 11:06 AM
My solution to the Somali pirate problem: encourage every ship planning to pass through those waters to arm and train their crews with rifles. These pirates are not sophisticated. Their "attacks" consist of a bunch of guys in a motor boat armed with rifles of their own boarding the target. As a shipping boat, it's a fairly simple task to ward off such an attack. Just post watchmen when you're near Somalia, sound an alarm when pirates are spotted, and start firing.

Original_Intent
04-15-2009, 11:10 AM

This is outrageous!

I will take Consitutionally authorized "outrageous" over the dictatorial, One Wrold kind any day. You seem to think that this gives anyone with a boat and a gun the right to go postal on the high seas.

ARealConservative
04-15-2009, 11:10 AM
A few things....

First, do you have any idea where they are taking us with this one?... the social engineering that's in-play here?

Social engineering? Please clarify

Second, are these pirates really such a serious threat, which merit such drastic action? Or are they merely another manufactured "threat"?

This is not a drastic action. A drastic action would be forming a global coalition and declaring international war on piracy.

Third, let's not get caught in another dialectical trap, spinning our wheels bounded solely in the "boxed" discussion of "should the gov't contract with private parties to conduct warfare on their behalf"?

Finally, its one thing for a private party to have the power to defend themselves, it is quite another for the gov't to actively sanction and reward private party's who make war on the gov't's behalf.

This is not war - it is an alternative to war. War is defined as open hostility between nations - but the pirates are not nations.

Original_Intent
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
A few things....

I wish we had handled OBL this way instead of a trillion dollar war. (in the wrong country)

LiveToWin
04-15-2009, 11:16 AM

This is outrageous!

Please read the constitution, and then come back when you know wtf your talking about.

ARealConservative
04-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Please read the constitution, and then come back when you know wtf your talking about.

The constitution is not infallible though.

jake
04-15-2009, 11:39 AM
understand that a letter of marque and reprisal is a very specific bounty on one individual or a group of individuals, not some kind of blanket "murder all dem' pirates" blank cheque. it's a time limited action to kill or capture the threat and is authorized by the Constitution.

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 12:59 PM

/thread

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Just now, on Fox News, someone by the name of Conrad Claus was calling Ron Paul insane because of this issue.

Imperial
04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
This could be done but you have to be careful. Depending on who does it you will still get blowback.

You would need a pretty qualified piece of legislation I think.

diggronpaul
04-15-2009, 02:06 PM
My solution to the Somali pirate problem: encourage every ship planning to pass through those waters to arm and train their crews with rifles. These pirates are not sophisticated. Their "attacks" consist of a bunch of guys in a motor boat armed with rifles of their own boarding the target. As a shipping boat, it's a fairly simple task to ward off such an attack. Just post watchmen when you're near Somalia, sound an alarm when pirates are spotted, and start firing.
That's not a bad idea. Shouldn't the owners of this ships carry weapons sufficient to defend their own property in International Waters. Sounds prudent, and certainly doesn't require any overt action on the part of the US Government.

I will take Consitutionally authorized "outrageous" over the dictatorial, One Wrold kind any day. You seem to think that this gives anyone with a boat and a gun the right to go postal on the high seas.
I've sailed the high-seas, and I was prepared and adequately equipped to protect myself and my property. What's the justifications for such an action by this, or any other government?

Social engineering? Please clarify

This is not a drastic action. A drastic action would be forming a global coalition and declaring international war on piracy.
They engineered this "event" and now they are "engineering" the "solution" and the various "arguments" to support this "solution". The end game is not a few hungry Somalians, its privately funded war-fighting machines, aimed at the public. So yes, this is "drastic action" when you can see why they are doing it and where they are taking us. This is incredibly serious, and it was all deliberately staged and setup to support this path. Why RP is playing a role in this I do not understand.

This is not war - it is an alternative to war. War is defined as open hostility between nations - but the pirates are not nations.
It's war against everyone and anyone, from the individual up to organized groups. You better believe it's war. It's always been war, whether we're talking about poisoning our food and air supplies, purging our 401K's, or marginalizing our unalienable rights.

I wish we had handled OBL this way instead of a trillion dollar war. (in the wrong country)
Please don't bring in to this discussion yet another fake actor.

Just now, on Fox News, someone by the name of Conrad Claus was calling Ron Paul insane because of this issue.
Yup, they bee setting-up the dialectics right now.... boxing-in our thinking and framing our arguments. They always bring in a pro and con argument, attack the con argument to give it exposure, then create a synthesis between the two 'argument' that is what they had always planned anyway.

Please please, you must start to recognize this techniques and the way they manipulate the public. It's for your own survival. I'm just very sorry and disappointed to see RP involved in this one.

Feelgood
04-15-2009, 07:41 PM
BUZZarded