View Full Version : Tea Parties getting the mainstream Politically Inolved

terlinguatx
04-15-2009, 06:52 AM

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 06:59 AM
I hope your right.

But...

Americans are apathetic.

You don't hold your government accountable.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 07:00 AM
The blatant thievery is getting people involved. Tax money being used to prop up the banks that set up the mortgages that were designed from the start to lead to foreclosures is getting people involved. The fact that more and more people are homeless, and more and more houses are empty, and yet the prices on those houses don't come down a la the rules of supply and demand are getting people involved.

And, yes, I am also glad that our vehicle is being used by these angry people. I hope we can successfully help them realize what is and what isn't worth fighting for. That will determine whether all of our efforts to date result in a win or an epic fail.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 07:10 AM
The blatant thievery is getting people involved. Tax money being used to prop up the banks that set up the mortgages that were designed from the start to lead to foreclosures is getting people involved. The fact that more and more people are homeless, and more and more houses are empty, and yet the prices on those houses don't come down a la the rules of supply and demand are getting people involved.

And, yes, I am also glad that our vehicle is being used by these angry people. I hope we can successfully help them realize what is and what isn't worth fighting for. That will determine whether all of our efforts to date result in a win or an epic fail.

Too few people who give a stuff.

Instead of holding your government accountable, you all pissed off to the Mall.

I lived in the States for seventeen years, and love Thomas, Ben. and John...

But we have a stock-standard saying in my parts.

"You've got to keep the Bastards honest."

ghengis86
04-15-2009, 07:11 AM

that's it right there; republicans co-opted the tax parties in a lot of places and on the surface, that's fine by me. more media attention, more promotion, etc. but we will have to be extremely vigilent as this moves forward. will the 'controlled opposition' principle take place? will the GOP sieze on this and try to steer their sinking ship our way? will the message of drastically reduced government get watered down to making small, meaningless 'change' that the sheeple will accept?

people are beginning to wake up; will they be lulled back to sleep again or will they step out into the daylight?

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 07:20 AM
"You've got to keep the Bastards honest."

Things are slowly changing, mate. People are waking up to this fact. And we have Obama to thank for it to no small degree. He ran as a reformer and is so blatantly not making the slightest effort to reform that people are finally starting to get it.

Besides, the malls are empty and shuttered these days...

people are beginning to wake up; will they be lulled back to sleep again or will they step out into the daylight?

Keep the bugle blaring!

AuH20
04-15-2009, 07:23 AM
The tea parties are phase 1, so to speak. The people congregate and voice their concerns en masse. If the blatant abuses continue, the sparks set off for more drastic measures. This is encouraging.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Things are slowly changing, mate. People are waking up to this fact. And we have Obama to thank for it to no small degree. He ran as a reformer and is so blatantly not making the slightest effort to reform that people are finally starting to get it.

Besides, the malls are empty and shuttered these days...

Keep the bugle blaring!

I talked to my brother the other day. He lives in Albuquerque.

He's not a dumb-fu#k. But he's a Zombie dumb fu#k.

Blindly going with the flow...

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 07:31 AM
I talked to my brother the other day. He lives in Albuquerque...

Yeah, nice town--and not hurting so bad. They, like us, aren't feeling it so much because we're always in a recession, so what's the difference? And yet, this corner of the world is also where the core values have held on the longest and just refuse to die. Wish you could awaken him--we need the boots on the ground. I think we could spread those core values from the heartland here, if we can gather numbers enough to make ourselves heard over the general din...

You've got me on a train of thought, here. If I could put my finger on how our reverence for those traditional values have helped insulate us from the recession, maybe we could come to be seen as a good role model? Like an abhorrence of debt, or an unwillingness to sign documents we don't read first? I don't know if the numbers support this. Without that support, it would be foolish to take that tack. I need to do some digging...

In any case, we haven't forgotten completely what the nation is founded on--and we must be doing something right or we'd be in as sad shape as the Rust Belt.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah, nice town--and not hurting so bad. They, like us, aren't feeling it so much because we're always in a recession, so what's the difference? And yet, this corner of the world is also where the core values have held on the longest and just refuse to die. Wish you could awaken him--we need the boots on the ground. I think we could spread those core values from the heartland here, if we can gather numbers enough to make ourselves heard over the general din...

Blood Oath!

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Create some noise.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Create some noise.

MsDoodahs made some noise yesterday. Next thing she knew, her congresscritter was promising to sign on as a cosponsor of Ron Paul's edit the Fed bill. I intend to make some noise today--shout Will Rogers' words so people will see that some things are universal and eternal, and that core values stand the test of time even still in this twenty-first century.

Blowing that bugle. Wake up to reville before we have to play taps!

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM
I reckon I lost my hope when New Hampshire destroyed Ron Pauls campaign.

It was then I realized that America was controlled.

For the most part, no one cares?

AuH20
04-15-2009, 07:52 AM

For the most part, no one cares?

When all the goods and services dry up, they'll care. ;)

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 07:54 AM
MsDoodahs made some noise yesterday. Next thing she knew, her congresscritter was promising to sign on as a cosponsor of Ron Paul's edit the Fed bill. I intend to make some noise today--shout Will Rogers' words so people will see that some things are universal and eternal, and that core values stand the test of time even still in this twenty-first century.

Blowing that bugle. Wake up to reville before we have to play taps!

But fu#k! When are you guys going to stop being minipulated?

It is like a long drawn out play.

I moved to Australia in 1983.

My town, my area , my district, my county, my state, in America would have slapped the holy shit out of any fleecing politician or bankster meddling in my personal affairs.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 08:03 AM
My town, my area , my district, my county, my state, in America would have slapped the holy shit out of any fleecing politician or bankster meddling in my personal affairs.

I remember. I remember those days well.

The politicians keep painting us back in the corner. Don't come out of the corner, you'll mess up the pretty new paint on the floor. Well, people are indeed waking up to the fact that they're cornered.

No one wants it to get ugly. But everyone is coming to the conclusion that it might be the only thing those animals in D.C. understand. Why they couldn't translate their 81% disapproval of the bailout into an 81% turnover in the House I surely don't know, but they're taking it in the rump for that oversight now (as are we all). And they're waking up to it.

terlinguatx
04-15-2009, 08:15 AM

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:17 AM
I remember. I remember those days well.

The politicians keep painting us back in the corner. Don't come out of the corner, you'll mess up the pretty new paint on the floor. Well, people are indeed waking up to the fact that they're cornered.

No one wants it to get ugly. But everyone is coming to the conclusion that it might be the only thing those animals in D.C. understand. Why they couldn't translate their 81% disapproval of the bailout into an 81% turnover in the House I surely don't know, but they're taking it in the rump for that oversight now (as are we all). And they're waking up to it.

On Ya!