PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck "debunks" Politics and Conspiracy Theorists again about tax laws

purplechoe
04-15-2009, 05:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYovwUGRipA

Hey Glenn, FU! :mad:

MRoCkEd
04-15-2009, 05:34 AM
damn you glenn

sluggo
04-15-2009, 06:02 AM
I tried to give Beck the benefit of the doubt, but it's becoming clear that he's just the same old neocon shill he's always been.

slacker921
04-15-2009, 06:16 AM
Did he...
- say that instead of Obama borrowing and spending 1.5 trillion bucks.. he could have just said "no federal income tax AT ALL for a year". Imagine what taxpayers (60% of the people) would do with the thousands they'd have extra. Maybe buy a car, home improvements, vacation, etc.. and stimulate the economy.
- show a printed version of the entire US tax code.. and point out that nobody, not even Geithner, nor many of the people Obama picked for his cabinet can understand it all. It's a trap. It got that way because Congress legislates morality through tax codes. Credits for being married and living together, penalties for certain behaviors, big loopholes for corporations who donated to campaigns, etc...
- explain how the system is a massive redistribution of wealth.. and Republicans helped build it. over 40% of the people don't pay anything (but take benefits) and less than 2% pay over 30% of all the tax collected.

Natalie
04-15-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm glad that everyone here is waking up to Glenn's BS. We're not falling for it, Beck!!

speciallyblend
04-15-2009, 06:44 AM
glenn beck is a douchebag ,end of story!

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 07:01 AM
Glenn Beck is a piss-ant.

Dripping Rain
04-15-2009, 07:10 AM
my opinion on Beck and the rest of the neocons is well known. i think the comments on this thread will be interesting. why did glenn beck say taxes instead of income tax? maybe because he is a shill?

Elwar
04-15-2009, 07:16 AM
I watched that...the explaination for why all of the tax arguments are not true: Courts have said so. There ya go...courts paid by income tax uphold the income tax. Big shocker there.

He's slowly picking libertarians apart while claiming to be a libertarian. "I'm a libertarian, but I don't believe X (which most libertarians believe)". Say that enough times and you've pretty much stated that you're a libertarian but don't believe in anything that libertarians believe in.

He also attacked the Tea Parties...said the term "Tea Party" was too sissy for him...reminding him of "a bunch of school girls getting together after school".

This is exactly the reason not to trust Beck. He plays along like he's one of us when it doesn't matter...then when the time comes where things actually count, he turns his back on us.

Don't wait for an election for him to say..."You know...it would be nice to have libertarians in office, but right now just isn't the right time with <blank> happening. That's why I "reluctantly" have to support <insert guy he's really supported all along>, and you should too if you care about our country and your children's future."

He Who Pawns
04-15-2009, 07:41 AM
I applaud Beck for debunking all this conspiracy NONSENSE.

You guys need to wake up to reality and knock it off with all the "Bigfoot shot JFK" baloney. It makes us look like lunatics.

fedup100
04-15-2009, 07:47 AM

You guys need to wake up to reality and knock it off with all the "Bigfoot shot JFK" baloney. It makes us look like lunatics.

Now things are becoming crystal clear, and I have just marked you down.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:01 AM

Regardless of "Conspiracy Nonsense," it remains important that "others" question those in power.

If you don't... You are the BUNNY.

pacelli
04-15-2009, 08:03 AM
I don't have any income. I avoid income like aids, herpes, and VD.

He Who Pawns
04-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Regardless of "Conspiracy Nonsense," it remains important that "others" question those in power.

If you don't... You are the BUNNY.

I am all for questioning those in power, but if we keep screaming all this chicken-little nonsense about how Bigfoot is running the Bilderberg meetings or whatever, we will have no credibility left.

Beck is doing us a favor by examining these Loony Tunes conspiracies.

Mods, move to HOT TOPICS please.

paulitics
04-15-2009, 08:08 AM
I agree with Glenn Beck here, but I don't see why some here need to call this a "conspiracy theory". It is called an opinion. What does someone's interpretation of the 16th amendment have to do with a conspiracy theory?

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:15 AM
I am all for questioning those in power, but if we keep screaming all this chicken-little nonsense about how Bigfoot is running the Bilderberg meetings or whatever, we will have no credibility left.

Mmmm...

I remember the Glenn Beck interview with Dr. Paul during the election.

Glenn Beck is a show pony and a attention-seeker.

I would use him for shark-bait.

AuH20
04-15-2009, 08:21 AM

Exactly. It will unfold in due time. Running around screaming "9-11 was an inside job" is the epitome of stupidity. I still can't believe Jones took that clumsy route of promotion. You're supposed to offer people a small, digestable kernel of truth and then expand their perspective. Not beat them down with the mallet of the highly unlikely right off the bat.

Elwar
04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
I'm all for keeping priorities straight...such as "we should get rid of the income tax, legal or not" as opposed to focussing on the legality of it.

But when the best they come up with to debunk the well researched arguments are "nope, not true, courts have disagreed", then I call foul. He'd need a full show just to address one of these arguments.

Not interview someone from Smart Money Magazine...owned by the Hearst Corporation who also owns Popular Mechanics...the experts he used to debunk the 9/11 stuff.

I thought it was weird that his experts weren't some tax law experts or someone who's actually been involved in legal battles related to it...but Smart Money Magazine? A quick google search showed the Hearst Corporation.

Why is Glenn Beck getting all of his debunking experts from the Hearst Corporation owned magazines? I find that quite strange.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Exactly. It will unfold in due time. Running around screaming "9-11 was an inside job" is the epitome of stupidity. I still can't believe Jones took that route. You're supposed to give people a small kernel of truth and then expand their perspective. Not beat them down with the mallet of the highly unlikely.

We can watch the videotapes for ages...

Regardless who is right or wrong.

I demand accountability from governments.

Unfortunately you don't.

Good luck getting screwed.

sevin
04-15-2009, 08:28 AM

Aren't you the guy who several weeks ago suggested that a world government was a good idea? Also, calling an issue like this "chicken-little nonsense" is just ridiculous. Why should this be in hot topics? This is an important issue to most of us. What's your deal?

Anyway, yeah, Glenn seems to agree with us on many issues, but when it comes to paying taxes, auditing the fed, and foreign wars, (issues that affect the NWO the most), he's the same old neocon. Don't fall for it!

AuH20
04-15-2009, 08:29 AM
We can watch the videotapes for ages...

Regardless who is right or wrong.

I demand accountability from governments.

Unfortunately you don't.

Good luck getting screwed.

Of course, I want accountability, but I can't do it alone. We don't have the numbers for a sustainable revolt if the TPTB push us past the threshold. Look around.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:35 AM
Of course, I want accountability, but I can't do it alone. We don't have the numbers for a sustainable revolt if the TPTB push us past the threshold.

Get on with it!

I'm fricking tired of you guys posting links about other countries smacking their governments, while you piss in your own pot.

paulitics
04-15-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm all for keeping priorities straight...such as "we should get rid of the income tax, legal or not" as opposed to focussing on the legality of it.

But when the best they come up with to debunk the well researched arguments are "nope, not true, courts have disagreed", then I call foul. He'd need a full show just to address one of these arguments.

Not interview someone from Smart Money Magazine...owned by the Hearst Corporation who also owns Popular Mechanics...the experts he used to debunk the 9/11 stuff.

I thought it was weird that his experts weren't some tax law experts or someone who's actually been involved in legal battles related to it...but Smart Money Magazine? A quick google search showed the Hearst Corporation.

Why is Glenn Beck getting all of his debunking experts from the Hearst Corporation owned magazines? I find that quite strange.

Everything he is debunking is on the MIAC report as potential terroristic thoughts. He is trying to portray a certain group as dangerous, so later on he can say.."see, I told you, it was these guys". Freedom to fascism is a dangerous movie, loose change is a dangerous movie, etc.

He is trying to plant the seeds in people's minds that thse thoughts are similar to a Timothy McVeigh. You know, and Ron Paul himself was in Freedom to Fascism and was a good friend of Aaron Russo. The nazis flags on the front page of CNN talking about right wing extremism. I think you know what they are trying to do here.

He Who Pawns
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
By the way, I am all in favor of questioning the legality of income tax laws. Obviously, I'm a big fan of Dr Paul and Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell, etc. Schiff's own Dad is in the slammer because of these issues.

My statement about conspiracies was more of a general one. People seemed to be attacking Beck for even trying to "debunk" conspiracies. I agree that his "expert" in this case was questionable in terms of credentials and knowledge.

paulitics
04-15-2009, 08:48 AM
By the way, I am all in favor of questioning the legality of income tax laws. Obviously, I'm a big fan of Dr Paul and Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell, etc. Schiff's own Dad is in the slammer because of these issues.

My statement about conspiracies was more of a general one. People seemed to be attacking Beck for even trying to "debunk" conspiracies. I agree that his "expert" in this case was questionable in terms of credentials and knowledge.

The opinion of an unconstitutional income tax is not a conspiracy theory.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:52 AM
"Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter by negatively restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher. Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil.

Thomas Paine ---

Nate
04-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Beck is a right-wing gatekeeper for the NWO. He is there so people can act like they are in opposition yet in reality still support the established order. Just like Olberman was great while he was in opposition to Bush and the Rethuglicans. His job was to keep the liberal democrats on the 2 party plantation. Beck is there to keep the angry and disgruntled "conservative republicans" on the 2 party plantation.

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves." -Vladimir Lenin-

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Beck is another example of how you are being led down the garden path.

Liberty is telling people what they do not want to hear.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Beck is a right-wing gatekeeper for the NWO. He is there so people can act like they are in opposition yet in reality still support the established order. Just like Olberman was great while he was in opposition to Bush and the Rethuglicans. His job was to keep the liberal democrats on the 2 party plantation. Beck is there to keep the angry and disgruntled "conservative republicans" on the 2 party plantation.

"The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves." -Vladimir Lenin-

Well said.

pcosmar
04-15-2009, 09:12 AM

Oh shut up!
You make yourself look more ridiculous with each post.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-farting-kitten.jpg

fedup100
04-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Yeah, you want to make sure only a few get to hear the truth of Beck and his shills like yourself.

V4Vendetta
04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
Glenn Beck.......... Did not bring up Joe Bannister or Tom Cryer

V4Vendetta
04-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Glenn Beck..... Hmm I'm really trying to figure him out..... he might be doing this now on purpose, to bring light to the subject.... He is being audited right now by the IRS you know. I don't know what to think. I just know that at least 2 million people were exposed to different arguments of the IRS code. Soooo.... It makes one wonder.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 09:28 AM
I am a proud Neanderthal, on the road to re-habillation!!!

Shiekyerbooty
04-15-2009, 10:13 AM
To be honest, I have been going back and forth w/Beck, not really knowing what to think. I am going to have to put him in Permanent Shill Status, the grains of truth he provides cannot outweigh the dangers of his misinformation. I'm sure there are many talking heads we could apply that to.

sevin
04-15-2009, 10:43 AM
To be honest, I have been going back and forth w/Beck, not really knowing what to think. I am going to have to put him in Permanent Shill Status, the grains of truth he provides cannot outweigh the dangers of his misinformation. I'm sure there are many talking heads we could apply that to.

Glad to see not everyone is falling for this Glenn Beck trap. I find him entertaining, too, but it seems like beneath all the showmanship, he's in favor of maintaining the status quo. As someone else posted: "The best way to control the opposition is to lead it ourselves." - Vladimir Lenin

Zippyjuan
04-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Glen Beck is an entertainer but he does seem to be correct on this issue.

Some of his views according to Wiki (make of it what you will) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Beck

Political views
Beck identifies himself as a "conservative but not a zombie", along with also being a libertarian, but not a "crazy let's-get-rid-of-everything libertarian."[citation needed]

Beck supports the individual rights guaranteed in the Second Amendment, and is against gun control legislation.[27] On June 2, 2008, Beck interviewed Governor Brian Schweitzer of Montana on his syndicated radio talk show about the Second Amendment, gun control, and the state of Montana. The interview was mostly focused on Montana's status as a state if the United States Supreme Court ever ruled that gun ownership was a collective right, thus violating Montana's compact with the United States government for its entry as a state. The interview also covered several other subjects including global warming, high fuel prices, alternative energy, and Schweitzer's ideas on how best to deal with the aforementioned issues. [28][29]

Beck also is pro-life, including being opposed to euthanasia and the death penalty, in which he said that he could not "imagine telling God that he lived in a society that decided who should live or not." His position on embryonic stem cell research is that he hopes that it can be done without the destruction of another life, and admits his daughter's cerebral palsy affects his viewpoint. In a more recent statement, Beck clearly stated his opposition to federally funded stem cell research. Beck favors sound money and opposes the Federal Reserve.

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 11:02 AM
It amazes me, especially after following Dr. Paul for 2 years, how Americans are so ingratiated to the media.

You hang on every word of media buffoons, whether they are negative or positive. Believe every poll or survey. Fret about every minutia of detail.

Somewhere... You've been sold down the river.

Wake Up!

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 11:12 AM
What amazes me more...

No one is kicking my ass. Telling me to shut my pie-hole.

yoshimaroka
04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
It amazes me, especially after following Dr. Paul for 2 years, how Americans are so ingratiated to the media.

You hang on every word of media buffoons, whether they are negative or positive. Believe every poll or survey. Fret about every minutia of detail.

Totally agree with you on that.

Bossobass
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM

Wake Up!

True as it gets.

For anyone who's on the fence with Beck (or anyone else for that matter)...TV is shit. It serves no good purpose whatsoever. End of story, fence problem solved.

HWP,

Conspiracy theories needed to be debunked:

Government deficits will fix the economy.
Unless Paulson got a blank check with no recourse, the world would end the next day.
The Department of Education is a good thing.
Military spending is necessary for economic stability.

When you're finished chasing those conspiracy nuts, you can start on the 911 truthers, but you had better bring a f*** of a lot more to the table than "they're really dumb."

Bosso