PDA

View Full Version : Bill Maher just endorced Ron Paul on the Situation room!!

American
09-18-2007, 03:37 PM
It was great, he didnt hesitate whatsoever, he was asked he said RON PAUL!!

Wolf, said "I told our producers you would say that" WTF is that about?

I hope someone will youtube that, :)

UtahApocalypse
When asked who the best Rep. candidate is he straight said "Ron Paul" !!

Dustancostine
youtube?

njandrewg
09-18-2007, 03:38 PM
yeah saw that

Well the question was which republican do you ....

uncloned21
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
havent you already seen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NTtqQZ_M2bE

American
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I guess we know who's watching CNN....:)

American
09-18-2007, 03:40 PM
havent you already seen

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NTtqQZ_M2bE

This just happened, though.

I like you AV, it looks just like my money......:rolleyes:

EvanVolm
09-18-2007, 03:41 PM
-deleted-

Dojo
09-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Wolf didn't want to ask him that question..... you could tell, Kudos to the producer that made Wolf ask it anyway!!!....

ghemminger
09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
You tube pleeeeze!

JenHarris
09-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Did he say Ron Paul was the best republican candidate or did he say I'm voting for Ron Paul and so should you?

Only one of those options is an endorsement and we really need to be careful about those claims ... but .... if he actually did endorse then wahoo!

cjhowe
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM
All I care is...did he say he was writing a $2,300 check and asking his hookers and drug dealer to do the same?

literatim
09-18-2007, 03:53 PM

That means that Wolf warned the producers not to let him on or not to ask the question.

ScotTX
09-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Did Maher ENDORSE Ron Paul, or just say that he liked him best among the republicans?

Dojo
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
liked him best among the republicans

AlexAmore
09-18-2007, 03:57 PM
The producers may have the idea that Bill Maher liking Ron Paul gives Ron a more liberal-cut and runner look.

Syren123
09-18-2007, 03:58 PM
THAT is the big difference. Saying complimentary things is one thing, endorsing is another.
Donating $2300 is even another thing.

ronpaulitician
09-18-2007, 04:00 PM
That's not an endorsement.

Lord Xar
09-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Wolf didn't want to ask him that question..... you could tell, Kudos to the producer that made Wolf ask it anyway!!!....

WOW, why would that be a 'problem' -- don't you all see something here?

That is a DIRECT CONFIRMATION that there is a "lid" on him.... doesn't anybody else see this?

Stealth4
09-18-2007, 04:04 PM

That is a DIRECT CONFIRMATION that there is a "lid" on him.... doesn't anybody else see this?

We need that video.

American
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM

Thats the way I seen it as it happened. I thought it was an usual statement, one I;ve never heard before on the situation room.

OK, he said he likes Ron Paul as the Republican candidate, dont try and steal my thunder here fawkers!....:)

Lord Xar
09-18-2007, 04:16 PM
All I care is...did he say he was writing a $2,300 check and asking his hookers and drug dealer to do the same?

We actually agree on something... see!

THERE IS HOPE FOR AMERICA :)

crhoades
09-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Any reason this isn't showing up in the transcripts?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/18/sitroom.01.html

It mentions Maher coming up after the break but then doesn't have it in the transcript. For those of you who watched it, did Carville come on after Maher or before? Same question regarding Cafferty because their interviews are in there.

1000-points-of-fright
09-18-2007, 04:31 PM

That means that Wolf warned the producers not to let him on or not to ask the question.

Although I know how much we Ron Paul supporters love conspiracies, I think there's a much simpler and less conspiratorial answer to this.

And it goes like this....

Wolf: "Hey producer guys, I think I'm gonna ask Maher who he likes best out of the Republican candidates."

Producers: "OK, sounds good to us. What do you think he'll say?"

Wolf: "I bet he says Ron Paul."

Sometimes I think that if the media and political establishment started treating RP fairly, half of you would lose interest because you wouldn't be fighting "The Man" anymore.

PennCustom4RP
09-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Any reason this isn't showing up in the transcripts?
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/18/sitroom.01.html

It mentions Maher coming up after the break but then doesn't have it in the transcript. For those of you who watched it, did Carville come on after Maher or before? Same question regarding Cafferty because their interviews are in there.

Transcripts are slow, may take a few hours before they are posted...

American
09-18-2007, 04:33 PM
I dont see any of Mahers comments?

Slow, well there transcripts are there so when exactly would they be "added"?

Mordechai Vanunu
09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Is that the right transcript?

Paulitician
09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Big whoop

WillInMiami
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
You people worry WAY too damn much about Maher. Most registered republicans will be sure to vote for anyone BUT the person Maher likes.

Why can't some of you get the idea that Ron Paul is trying to win the REPUBLICAN primary. With supporters like some of you and Maher, who needs enemies...

axiomata
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
A lot of people would like Paul the best among the Republicans, the question is whether they will vote for him in the primary and the general election.

BW4Paul
09-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Although I know how much we Ron Paul supporters love conspiracies, I think there's a much simpler and less conspiratorial answer to this.

And it goes like this....

Wolf: "Hey producer guys, I think I'm gonna ask Maher who he likes best out of the Republican candidates."

Producers: "OK, sounds good to us. What do you think he'll say?"

Wolf: "I bet he says Ron Paul."

Sometimes I think that if the media and political establishment started treating RP fairly, half of you would lose interest because you wouldn't be fighting "The Man" anymore.
Agreed.

Yes, I know that RP doesn't get as much Old Media attention as we'd like. And yes, I know that there probably are some suits putting the kibash on RP from time to time. But geez, folks, not everything is a conspiracy all the time! :p

Dojo
09-18-2007, 04:48 PM
I think the point here is the medias continuous efforts to avoid even mentioning his name..... I do believe THAT is happening.....

honkywill
09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Agreed.

Yes, I know that RP doesn't get as much Old Media attention as we'd like. And yes, I know that there probably are some suits putting the kibash on RP from time to time. But geez, folks, not everything is a conspiracy all the time! :p

URGENT: BW4Paul is not to be trusted!

Delete the forums! THEY HAVE INFILTRATED OUR RANKS!

American
09-18-2007, 04:49 PM
I love it when people take everything and twist it to suit them, it works both ways. I said it was an odd comment, nothing more. Others and pushing this as some sort of conspiracy, and its hard to tell which ones are which.

BW4Paul
09-18-2007, 04:51 PM
URGENT: BW4Paul is not to be trusted!

Delete the forums! THEY HAVE INFILTRATED OUR RANKS!

hahahahahahaha

*twists moustache*

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 05:02 PM
A lot of people would like Paul the best among the Republicans, the question is whether they will vote for him in the primary and the general election.

we just need to remind people HE CAN WIN JUST VOTE!

Dojo
09-18-2007, 05:21 PM
I think they are going to play it again this hour, for those that missed it, and want to see it..........

ghemminger
09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
I think they are going to play it again this hour, for those that missed it, and want to see it..........

Hey Dojo, are you my cousin?

American
09-18-2007, 05:24 PM
I hope someone youtubes it this time!!!!!

I was just reading the transcript and I didnt hear this part at all..

"AIPAC is the most powerful lobby and has pushed this war from the beginning. I don't think they represent the mainstream of American Jewish thinking at all, but, because they are so well- organized, they have been able to exert power."

I was just talking about this in another thread.....

Dojo
09-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey Dojo, are you my cousin?

But I think I'd like to be.....

Bluedevil
09-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Its on now.

RevolutionSD
09-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Beautiful. This is just the shot in the arm the Ron Paul campaign needed right now!

ghemminger
09-18-2007, 05:38 PM
Bill - has been HUGE for the RP campaign and so will the other "Liberal Type" of Celebs that begin to come over. MoveOn - and other Anti-War Lib.s are open to a outspoken RP type candidate - someone who breaks the mold - Hilary is a devisive personality - RP is the exact opposite - I am becomming very suprised what intellectual Lib.s are starting to say about RP.....

ForLibertyFight
09-18-2007, 06:02 PM
youtube please :D

michaelwise
09-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Here it is, for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgD-VnA4Aec

paulitics
09-18-2007, 06:18 PM
You people worry WAY too damn much about Maher. Most registered republicans will be sure to vote for anyone BUT the person Maher likes.

Why can't some of you get the idea that Ron Paul is trying to win the REPUBLICAN primary. With supporters like some of you and Maher, who needs enemies...

I disagree. Ron Paul is attracting disenfranchised republicans and democrats, who are open minded, not hardlined republicans who are closed minded to anyone else but fox news and their incessant war mongering. They are switching over to rep, just to vote for RP.

This is a different election and a huge uphill battle. This battle would be impossible if we relied only on republicans. Only 30% were registerd republicans.

michaelwise
09-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Korey Kaczynski
didn't endorse

ItsTime
Here it is, for your viewing pleasure.

thanks!

Phenom24
09-18-2007, 06:21 PM
stage6?? I would like to download it and put it on my phone..

michaelwise
09-18-2007, 06:21 PM
didn't endorseFor the Republican ticket he did.

hopeforamerica
09-18-2007, 06:22 PM
This is good. Be happy! Any good word about our man is good!

Noog
09-18-2007, 06:42 PM
I put it up on Digg. Digg it!

http://www.digg.com/videos/educational/Bill_Maher_thinks_Ron_Paul_would_be_the_best_presi dent_out_of_the_repubs

I screwed up Bill's name, I'm getting that changed.

Zeeder
09-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Ron Paul is the turd that doesn't smell as bad as the rest of the turds, isn't an endorsement.

Bill Maher is a modern liberal. He won't vote for Paul. He only agrees with him on the war.

JPFromTally
09-18-2007, 07:30 PM
This was extremely positive. You now have respected personalities saying what people should have been saying for the last 3 months: A pro-war candidate cannot win the White House.

Bill makes perfect sense on this one.

American
09-18-2007, 07:34 PM
Ron Paul is the turd that doesn't smell as bad as the rest of the turds, isn't an endorsement.

Bill Maher is a modern liberal. He won't vote for Paul. He only agrees with him on the war.

C'mere U, you sure gotta purty mouth......

I wanna hear ya squeal like a pig, come on now make that oink noise you do....

:mad:

ButchHowdy
09-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Someone call for a banjo?!?

bcmiller
09-18-2007, 07:48 PM
When Bill Maher realizes the buzz he created by just mentioning the name Ron Paul you may find that our good Doctor will become the designer candidate. They guy it's cool to like.

An anti-war republican presidential candidate used to not be so strange but thanks to our destruction of their habitat over the years they were pushed to the edge of extinction. Adopt Ron Paul and help the anti-war republicans make a comeback. On January 20, 2009 Ron Paul will be released into the wild, with your help.

Shellshock1918
09-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Notice how wolf quickly changed subject...

Karsten
09-18-2007, 08:05 PM

Actually, Bill Maher voted for Bob Dole in 1996. I wouldn't really call him a bleeding heart liberal, he just likes to be against the current administration. It's good T.V.

crhoades
09-18-2007, 08:11 PM
BLITZER: Who do you like among the republican candidates? Who would be the best candidate among the Republicans?

MAHER: Ron Paul.

BLITZER: I knew -- I suspected you were going to say that, I told our producers.

MAHER: Well, the other ones -- the other ones all sound alike. You know, they all come from the part of the party -- they're all appealing to the part of the party, the base, that wants this war in Iraq to keep going. I asked this of Chuck Hagel on our show on Friday night. I don't understand the strategy. I guess I do, you have to get the nomination first. But how does a Republican who is supporting this war to the degree they're all supporting the war, then turn around after he gets the nomination, and wins a general election in a country that is overwhelmingly against this war?

That's a pretty tough one.

Rest here
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/18/sitroom.02.html

Zeeder
09-18-2007, 08:13 PM
C'mere U, you sure gotta purty mouth......

I wanna hear ya squeal like a pig, come on now make that oink noise you do....

:mad:

Are you saying you want to sexually assault me? :eek:

Seriously, Bill Maher wasn't endorsing Paul. Any Publicity is good publicity.....for name recognition. After that, you want serious endorsements that understand Paul's positions.
I think Maher is going to jump all over paul if he wins the nomination. I don't think he really thinks of him as his "hero" at all.

slantedview
09-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Here it is for your viewing pleasure.

:)

american.swan
09-18-2007, 08:49 PM

I think Bill understands Ron Paul deeper then that. Bill likes freedom. Bill is the type of person who needs Ron Paul to answer a few questions about health care and such and after that he would vote for him. In the end, I see Bill voting for him.

Just that statement about, (paraphrase) if America were smarter wouldn't you be the next president....Think about it...Bill then makes himself out to be an idiot if he doesn't vote for him.

American
09-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Someone call for a banjo?!?

LOL, now thats funny.

RadioDJforPaul
09-18-2007, 09:01 PM
awesome!

smtwngrl
09-18-2007, 09:03 PM

Well, I don't think we are just going for votes from Republicans, we are going for all the votes we can get.

And I don't think anyone is worrying excessively about Maher. But after he said Ron Paul was his hero (and stood up for him after the S.C. Debate), we just want to see him put his money (and vote) where his mouth is. :D

Noog
09-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, it made it to the front page of digg...

smtwngrl
09-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Well, it doesn't look like we should be holding our breath on the donations. :D

http://www.newsmeat.com/celebrity_political_donations/Bill_Maher.php

SWATH
09-18-2007, 09:29 PM
AL FRANKEN!?!?! Are you kidding me! He is the polar opposite of Dr. Paul on almost all issues. I guess maybe because he is a fellow comic and all but still. Al Franken is just a Che t-shirt away from being a total commie. How in the world does he claim to be a libertarian, and WHY?

mavtek
09-18-2007, 09:37 PM
You know this is interesting...... I maybe reading more into this than I should, but this could be a calculated move on Maher's part. I'm assuming that Maher maybe more intelligent than I ever thought.

When asked about the Republican he would support on O'Reilly with the pro war base anti dem liberal crazies he said nobody! When asked on CNN with an arguably much more liberal base watching he said exactly what helped our cause........

Interesting.

gtjwkq
09-18-2007, 09:45 PM
I just watched the Bill Maher interview on CNN International and they cut it off before the question where he mentions Ron Paul.

:(

smtwngrl
09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
You know this is interesting...... I maybe reading more into this than I should, but this could be a calculated move on Maher's part. I'm assuming that Maher maybe more intelligent than I ever thought.

When asked about the Republican he would support on O'Reilly with the pro war base anti dem liberal crazies he said nobody! When asked on CNN with an arguably much more liberal base watching he said exactly what helped our cause........

Interesting.

Hmm, that *is* interesting.

disinter
09-18-2007, 09:59 PM

What the hell? Like endorsoing RP is against their rules or some shit.... this pisses me off.

disinter
09-18-2007, 10:00 PM

Yep, I agree.

disinter
09-18-2007, 10:08 PM

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Bill_Maher_thinks_Ron_Paul_would_be_the_best_presi dent_out_of_the_repubs

It says it isn't there...

Noog
09-18-2007, 10:13 PM
http://www.digg.com/videos/educational/Bill_Maher_thinks_Ron_Paul_would_be_the_best_presi dent_out_of_the_repubs

I think they moved it. It's on the front page with 400 diggs at the moment...

Syren123
09-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Actually, Bill Maher voted for Bob Dole in 1996. I wouldn't really call him a bleeding heart liberal, he just likes to be against the current administration. It's good T.V.

He has said himself he's Libertarian. However he does want to keep his job so he has to dumb it down for the libs.

Syren123
09-18-2007, 10:28 PM
What the hell? Like endorsoing RP is against their rules or some shit.... this pisses me off.

It IS against CNN's rules. Wolf will probably get his peepee whacked for asking the question.

Syren123
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
I just watched the Bill Maher interview on CNN International and they cut it off before the question where he mentions Ron Paul.

:(

Too late! It's already in cyberspace for ever and ever and ever.

goRPaul
09-18-2007, 10:51 PM
He has said himself he's Libertarian. However he does want to keep his job so he has to dumb it down for the libs.

Bill Maher will say anything to get noticed. He realized that Ron Paul supporters were very in tune with the media and thought he could get a little more attention by saying Ron Paul is his "hero." But I've seen a couple interviews since then where he doesn't even acknowledge Paul. But in this one he did.

I just think he's a douche. But hey, whatever he does, it apparently pays the bills.

Karsten
09-18-2007, 11:06 PM
It IS against CNN's rules. Wolf will probably get his peepee whacked for asking the question.

How is it against CNN's rules?

michaelwise
09-18-2007, 11:25 PM
How is it against CNN's rules?Oh my poor naive Ron Paul supporter, even the utterance of his name on the mainstream media TV, must be cleared by the top brass. Don't you know who runs this country?

RP4ME
09-18-2007, 11:26 PM
ahhh twas a beautiful thing nonetheless!!!

michaelwise
09-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Here is the link again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgD-VnA4Aec#GU5U2spHI_4

michaelwise
09-18-2007, 11:43 PM

Digg thia again.

speciallyblend
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
We should have a letter campaign,calling out the cnn media. They have been attacking george bush for 8 yrs. They now have a true anti-war candidate RON PAUL,they should be talking Ron Paul 24-7 and mentioning Fox News has been lying to americans and america,if cnn is truly against the war,something along those lines. RON PAULING IT 2008

michaelwise
09-19-2007, 12:12 AM
Why is the view count of my video stuck at 6,999? Is Youtube censoring and manipulating view counts?

literatim
09-19-2007, 12:15 AM
We should have a letter campaign,calling out the cnn media. They have been attacking george bush for 8 yrs. They now have a true anti-war candidate RON PAUL,they should be talking Ron Paul 24-7 and mentioning Fox News has been lying to americans and america,if cnn is truly against the war,something along those lines. RON PAULING IT 2008

No major news network is actually against the war. There have been a lot of negative news on the war that is outright censored by all mainstream news outlets. They appeal to their viewers, but they will always slip in their agenda.

BillyDkid
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Someone did post Bill Maher's Ron Paul comment on Wolf Blitzer in here didn't they? If not, it's over on Lew Rockwell's Blog. I have to take back the bad things I said about Bill Maher. Forgive me Bill.

Lord Xar
09-19-2007, 01:52 PM
link?

BillyDkid
09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

it's a little way down on the page. There is no youtube link for it there.

slantedview
09-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Yeah, it was discussed and the youtube was posted, yesterday.

ItsTime
09-19-2007, 02:08 PM
also on RP facebook
http://www.facebook.com/person.php?id=2330333861

jd603
09-19-2007, 04:22 PM
He seems a bit off on some things, but he has been vocal about Ron Paul. He initially gave Ron a hard time, probably thinking "oh no, a republican from Texas". Then he changed up and had him on again and called him his new hero, haha. If only politicians could change up like this...

Someone did post Bill Maher's Ron Paul comment on Wolf Blitzer in here didn't they? If not, it's over on Lew Rockwell's Blog. I have to take back the bad things I said about Bill Maher. Forgive me Bill.

michaelwise
09-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgD-VnA4Aec#GU5U2spHI_4

Hook
09-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Maher just happens to belive in RPs foreign policy. I'm sure you will find something to disagree with him on sooner or later.

michaelwise
09-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Ron Paul's name recognition in the MSM is spiking.