PDA

View Full Version : Swift Boat Leader Speaks at Houston Tea Party

jacmicwag
04-14-2009, 08:01 PM
John O'Neil, the leader of the infamous Swift Boaters for Truth group that helped Bush secure a second term, is slated to speak at the Houston Tea Party. Mr. O'Neil is a Viet Nam era Neocon who believes veterans do not have the right to speak out against illegal and immoral foreign wars. His logic is that protesting hurts troop morale and undermines the mission set out by the commander-in-chief. John Kerry (who actually served in Viet Nam) got blindsided by the Swifties. I guess an argument could be made for Mr. O"Neil's position but not one that I could ever agree with. John O'Neil is the ultimate anti-Paulite in my book.

I'd like to go all the same. Thank God I have a good excuse since I'll be pre-fishing the McDonalds tournament on Sam Rayburn. If you attend, please let out a loud round of boos when he hits the stage. Guys like this make Obama look like a saint.

JoshLowry
04-14-2009, 08:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59_-iENm10

Good to see ya.

I'll be in clear lake tomorrow night. Natalie wants another pic with RP. :)

jacmicwag
04-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Interesting. I didn't know Ron was going to be at the Clear Lake event. What time is he speaking? That might be worth a trip back from the lake.

JoshLowry
04-14-2009, 08:19 PM
www.clearlaketeaparty.com

6:00 PM

Imperial
04-14-2009, 09:32 PM
I think the clear lake one will be packed. Lots of Republicans who didn't support Ron Paul seem to be headed there for tomorrow(plus I've been advertising some).

Aratus
04-15-2009, 08:10 AM
yes, the 2oo4 election was soooooo very close...
i am curious how the rally goes today, baystater me!