PDA

View Full Version : Why should we or shouldn't we legalize marijuana and hemp?

Hamer
04-14-2009, 06:17 PM
I am going to plead the case to legalize marijuana and explain the real reasons why this plant yes plant is not legal.

I would like arguments or comments as to why it shouldn't be legal.

I also want to make clear that what is categorized as hemp now days is not the same as marijuana although they are usually lumped together as the same thing I assure you they are not . You could smoke a garbage bag full of hemp and you would not get high!

I also need to state I do not smoke marijuana so my opinions as well as my facts are not bias, with that said take a seat and prepare to be shocked about the truth. I came to the conclusion that the only sense this made as to why this plant is illegal is that it didn't make any sense at all!

First I want to speak about medical marijuana and the good it actually does to various terminally ill and sick people around the world. Before some of you say wait a minute we have a synthetic form of marijuana called marinol let me point out some important facts.

If you look at the studies marinol makes most people physically ill when they take it even though it is supposed to give the same effect as marijuana, the fact is it is not marijuana because it not natural it is synthetic.

Next time you get a prescription for anything get a list of the side effects of these legal prescription drugs you are taking and watch how quick you get a headache from reading the 3 pages of side effects this single pill could possibly give you. On the other hand in 99.9% of people that take medical marijuana guess what? They don't get physically sick, now why is that? Could it be because it is 100% natural? What do I know I am just some idiot that knows how to read and make an intellegent decision based on facts? Shame on me for educating myself!

I became educated on this subject years ago when my father was diagnosed with terminal bone cancer and he was taking marinol for pain and couldn't hold down his food even after taking this so called wonder drug marinol. Do you know what I did? I called a friend that smoked pot and bought some for my father and guess what? Within 30 minutes he was hungry, felt better and ate more than he had eatin in days, yes within 30 damn minutes of smoking ONLY 3 or 4 hits of marijuana. he claimed his pain was almost gone and he didn't feel sick to his stomach any longer and he was hungry, I WAS SHOCKED AND HAPPY. Rest assured I continued to buy him marijuana until he died and I am damn glad I did.

Here are just the side effects for marinol. Are you ready?

clumsiness or unsteadiness - dizziness - drowsiness - false sense of well-being - nausea - trouble thinking - vomiting - blurred vision or changes in vision - dryness of mouth - feeling faint or lightheaded, especially when getting up from a lying down or sitting position - flushing of face - restlessness - unusual tiredness or weakness - amnesia (memory loss) - changes in mood - confusion - delusions - fast or pounding heartbeat - feelings of unreality - hallucinations - mental depression - nervousness or anxiety - being forgetful - change in sense of smell, taste, sight, sound or touch - change in how fast you think - time is passing - constipation - decrease in coordination - sluggish - mood changes - panic - reaction problems in urinating - redness of eyes - seizures - severe drowsiness - severe dryness of mouth - slurred speech - unusual drowsiness or dullness.

Are you feeling sick just from reading all those side effects?

Hell forget taking the marinol just read the side effects and you have the same side effects as they claim you get while taking their drug!

The fact is that marijuana helps people with diseases such as : Cancer, Glucoma, Multiple Sclerosis and AIDS just to name a few. marijuana helps against nausea, pain, uncontrolable shaking and depression again just to name a few symptoms. I assure you the list goes on and on.

Now this natural plant that could help millions if not billions of people is illegal even though it has been proven time and time again it would help these people? How many people are addicted to prescription drugs in this country? How many people are on anti depressants in this country? How many of these people that are hooked on these drugs were prescribed these drugs only because they had a bad week at work or just broke up with their girlfriend or boyfriend?

Prescription drugs kill over 100,000 people every year in this country due to overdose yet they are legal?

Alcohol kills over 100,00 people yet is legal?

Tabacco kills over 450,000 people and is legal; however, take a guess of how many people have overdosed on marijuana ZERO - NOBODY yet it is illegal?

What the hell is going on here you ask? I asked myself the same questions so then I started to dig into the facts and what I discovered was scary and shocking!

The Pharmaceutical industry is a 604 billion dollar industry yes 604 billion in Europe it was 664 billion so think about the profits of these companies and ask yourself why wouldn't these companies want to lobby to make this natural plant legal and make more profit for themselves?

Becuase marijuana is NATURAL and you CAN NOT patent anything natural. If they allowed marijuana to be legal it would destroy most of their profits on the drugs they make that they have a patent on to where marijuana would take it's place.

This is nothing more than profit driven to keep this natural plant that could help so many people with so many diseases get better without buying the legal pills they are selling you. That in itself would be motive enough wouldn't it? WAIT THERE'S MORE!

If they legalize marijuana they would have no case to keep hemp illegal for they would absolutely have to make hemp legal as well if they legalized marijuana.

Why do you think they have fought so hard to keep hemp illegal all these years? Well for starters, they have tried to confuse people into believeing that hemp and marijuana are bad and dangerous for you and it would turn people into drug crazed killers, rent reefer madness and watch this extreme propaganda movie they beat into the heads of people as well as schools around the world and you will understand their agenda to link these two sister plants together.

Now the truth about hemp!

Hemp you say? Why are they so against hemp if they know it won't get you high and it won't help the people and diseases I stated above? Because hemp would extremely destroy the profits of other huge companies mainly the oil, steel, lumber, plastic and alcohol industry as well as the food industry because of it's valuabe nutritional food source! How would hemp destroy these companies profits?

Hemp has so many values and can make so many things you would be amazed. What can hemp make you ask? Here are just a few examples :

# 1 : In 1941 Henry Ford built a car made almost entirely out of hemp and this hemp plastic as it was called was 12 times lighter than steel and 10 times stronger. It was virtually indestructable, but that's not all, THE CARS MOTOR RAN COMPLETELY ON HEMP SEED OIL. There goes most of the oil industry!

# 2 : George Washington as well as many other founders grew hemp and they made alcohol from it. Looks like Mccains wife wouldn't have been a trust fund baby if we had hemp making our alcohol. Say goodbye to Budweiser and John Mccains wealth!

# 3 : You can build homes and building materials from hemp, it is the strongest fiber known to man even very small stems are very hard to break. We would not have to kill so many trees that provide oxygen to our plantet. There goes the lumber industry!

# 4 : You can make paper from hemp, did you know the constitution was written on hemp paper and this si the reason it has lasted over 200 years? again hurts the lumber industry!

# 5 : You mak make various lotions and skin creams and sun tan oil from hemp seed oil!

# 6 : You can make clothes from hemp and these clothes are so strong it is almost impossible to tear them!

# 7 : You can make rope from hemp and the rope is the strongest rope known to man that is made from hemp fiber!

# 8 : You can make canvas from hemp, in fact the ships used in battle in the early used hemp canvas and rope to secure and power their ships the most famour were the cribber ships. The canvas would also make the strongest tents know to man.

The list goes on and on folks.

Considering I only gave a handful of examples do you see why they do not ever want to legalize this natural plant that gives us the benefit of so many things we use today in this world?

The motivation? GREED AND CONTROL plain and simple.

It is time for us to stand up and take our damn country back from the voltures that have taken over our country. We have been stolen from, lied to and been fed fear of these natural plants.

WWW.RETAKECONGRESS.COM

speciallyblend
04-14-2009, 06:23 PM
If we could legalize industrial hemp. we could save billions on eradicating outdoor marijuana,since the hemp pollen would basically turn good marijuana into arkansas ditchweed!!

that is if the laws against marijuana were actually to help us!!!

If we legalized cannabis and educated folks that there is no need to smoke it,but eat it. Then we knock out 99.9 percent of health risks except for overeating maybe and gaining some weight!

Simple Solution to a complex problem that is very simple!

Paulitical Correctness
04-14-2009, 06:53 PM
I would like arguments or comments as to why it shouldn't be legal.

It's a gateway drug you stinkin' hippie!

It ruins lives because [insert absurd statistics].

Heroin, cocaine, heroin, gateway, cocaine, dangerous, children, etc.

muzzled dogg
04-14-2009, 07:01 PM
drugs are bad

jkr
04-14-2009, 07:03 PM
because Dupont would go out of buisness and jeff gordon wouldn't get paid so much to drive that BARN of his in circles...and we couldn't raise "revenu" to do whatever it is they do with the fruits of our labor by making people into statistics.

I want to grow HEMP

InterestedParticipant
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
....Because the Elite say so, that's why.

speciallyblend
04-14-2009, 07:33 PM

hmmmm puff puff ,what exactly do you mean???

JoshLowry
04-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Water is a gateway substance.

53% of people under 35 in the US who drink water have tried marijuana and harder drugs.

We need to get rid of water.

speciallyblend
04-14-2009, 07:40 PM

53% of people under 35 in the US who drink water have tried marijuana and harder drugs.

lmfao

idiom
04-14-2009, 08:38 PM

Don't give them ideas. You will end up watering your plants with Gatorade.

speciallyblend
04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Don't give them ideas. You will end up watering your plants with Gatorade.

then i will have no gatorade to drink when i have cotton mouth:( sniffle:)

Paulitical Correctness
04-14-2009, 08:57 PM
elektrolites is wut plants crave...

Working Poor
04-14-2009, 09:11 PM
We shouldn't legalize Marijuana and hemp because Monsanto and Big Pharma couldn't take not the competition. We wouldn't want them to have any real competition would we?

Hamer
04-15-2009, 07:55 AM

ummm.... ok

LOL

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Why is it anyones business if I smoke?

Ozwest
04-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Shall the common man be pushed back into the mud, or shall he not?