PDA

View Full Version : When Liberals Attack: Crashing the Tea Parties

angelatc
04-14-2009, 06:07 PM
http://tinyurl.com/cnjraq From Code Pink:

Santa Monica Tea Party Wednesday, April 15th 2009 4:00–5:00 PM Santa Monica, CA
The Santa Monica Tea Party of 2009 and Tea Parties all across America are being organized by friends of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O’Reilly, all about getting less funding for government. Let’s show up with a better message: STOP funding wars and Wall Street, and start funding the needs of the people– health care, education, and a green economy. Join us as we crash their party.

Location: Santa Monica Pier 100 Colorado Ave. Santa Monica, CA 90401

From the Kos Klan: http://tinyurl.com/cwsela

Tomorrow, my husband and I will be venturing into the wilds disguised as a news crew to do some in person interviewers with teabaggers here in Rhode Island (if we can find any). We’ve got some questions lined up to ask, but I’d love to get suggestions!

The great thing about owning professional video equipment is that armed with it, you can pass yourself off as being a professional news crew pretty easily.

So tomorrow, “WSFR” is going to send a cameraman and on air news personality out into the field to cover this “teabagging” phenomenon.

We’re going to ask open ended questions that seem to have a slight conservative bent to (hopefully) get them to open up and just start ranting. Then, we take any examples of racism, hatred, ignorance, and stupidity that we catch on camera and make a little movie out of it. Probably a YouTube special.

Here’s the list we have so far

* What are you celebrating (The Boston Tea Party), and can you explain its historical relevance? [We're hoping to get some hilarious flubs from this one]

* Is this your first time teabagging? [OK, so, a juvenile one, but worth it]

* Do you approve of Michael Steele’s plan to expand the GOP through a “hip-hop urban-suburban marketing strategy”? [hoping to get some juicy racist stuff from this question]

* (as an intentional misunderstanding/follow up, presuming that someone complains about wasteful government spending) “So you disapprove of your tax dollars going to the Iraq War?” [should elicit some confusion]

Anyways, it’s a start… but I’d love to have some suggestions for questions that sound fine, but should prompt an outpouring of crazy.

Thanks in advance, and I’ll be sure to post a link to the finished video when it’s available!

LittleLightShining
04-14-2009, 06:08 PM
I hope that if we get any infiltrators they are of the first variety because they will be very surprised :D

speciallyblend
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
lmfao ,kinda of funny really.

speciallyblend
04-14-2009, 06:11 PM
I hope that if we get any infiltrators they are of the first variety because they will be very surprised :D

yeah if they are the first ones, they will be pretty much behind us 100%. We are against wars and wall street(aka special interests)

Andrew-Austin
04-14-2009, 06:17 PM
all about getting less funding for government.

oh noes!

STOP funding wars and Wall Street

Tell that to your savior and chief.

and start funding the needs of the people– health care, education, and a green economy. Join us as we crash their party.

Needs of the people according to whom? I don't need to ask for any of that shit from the government so don't pretend to represent me for once. Health care is called a gym membership/eating healthy, education is called having a library card and internet access unless I want to pay for College myself, and I'm all for greener vehicles as soon as the free market makes them affordable.

krazy kaju
04-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Tools are tools. Too bad.

brandon
04-14-2009, 06:56 PM
The role reversal is hilarious.

When Bush was president there was a huge liberal protest movement. They had liberal anti-war protests all the time. And there would always be a very small handful of neocons staging a pro-war counter protest. There were zero conservative protests though until us Paulbots came on the scene.

Now Obama is president. The liberal protest movement is almost completely dead. Now the conservatives are starting their protest movement. It will grow and grow and get just as big as the liberal protest movement was. At these conservative protests there will always be a small handful of neo-liberals staging counter protests.

It kind of relates to Conza's "What you will now see from the media" thread.

The false dichotomy that most of America is trapped in is both funny and sad.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 06:27 AM
I hope they actually point those video cameras at us instead of the neocons. They'll be so disappointed in their results--and so pissed that we're making them think and haunting their consciences.

mczerone
04-15-2009, 08:18 AM
I'm less worried about the "liberals" crashing than I am the rest of the GOP. I cringe every time I see that Fox or Drudge are ADVERTISING the Tea Parties - not only were they not supportive when it mattered (When We were yelling the same message during the primaries), but now the MSM can easily lump us in with the easily discredited "conservatives" like Rush and Hannity - who LOVE centralized power, as long as they are pushing the buttons and hate it only when "liberals" are in charge.

We don't need class labels, nor classes themselves. We need freedom, law and security. The State, "protector of freedoms, grantor of laws, provider of security," has proven, both recently and historically, both in every local power and in vast empires, that the only freedom that is protected is the freedom of the State to tax and war; that the only law that is granted by a state only aggrandizes the role of itself and plays favorites to the politically connected; and that the only security actually provided protects the ruling from the ruled.

I hope to see updates on the boards throughout the day of how the Tea Parties are progressing, but I'm not holding my breath for any vast improvement in our position at the end of the day. In fact, strategically the Tea Parties are probably only going to be used by TPTB to perpetuate the "disgruntled right-wing extremism" myth, that we are all backward thinking, and that Government power is the only solution to the problems we're protesting - or even that the Government should step in and not allow the protests at all.

AutoDas
04-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Someone should ask them how they feel about Obama not ending the drug war. How he sent more troops into Afghanistan and increased funding for the war on terror.

slacker921
04-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Why are folks from Kos even bothering to go and film like that? MSNBC, CNN, and many others will be out there asking the same questions for the same reason.

and acptulsa.. you know if they find anyone who gives good answers to those questions they won't be broadcast. They'll spend hours interviewing people to find the one person who is totally uninformed and who forgot to take his meds. :eek:

AdamT
04-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Just turn the tables on them if they come up to you.

* Are you upset your savior Obomber bombed Pakistan within days of taking office?

* Are you surprised your anti-war god expanded the war in Afghanistan and is calling for 10s of billions more for Iraq?

* How does it feel to have your princeling go back on his word and want to expand Bush's wiretapping by making it 100% legal all the time?

* Why did Obama say he would make all bills available for 5 days online for all to read, but then he rammed through a trillion dollar bailout bill in complete secrecy where even member of Congress weren't able to read it?

* Were you happy when Obama filled his administration with Clinton re-tread DC insiders and lobbyists when he said he would "bring change to Washington"?

etc.

mczerone
04-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Someone should ask them how they feel about Obama not ending the drug war. How he sent more troops into Afghanistan and increased funding for the war on terror.

I'm sure they'll have ready answers about how "we need to give him time," "some things you just can't change," or "he's managing the wars better than Bush did" (while forgetting that they were not upset with how Bush was managing the war, but that we were in it to start with).

I've realized that the largest function that government has is to make its subjects not be able to perceive what they would be able to do without it. Behind layers of false dichotomies, bad logic and economics, feel-good truisms, obfuscating welfare programs and outright lies people can't begin to comprehend where we are coming from in saying that things would be better without government.

They immediately become defensive and trot out worn excuses for government, impervious to logic, reason, cause and effect analysis, efficiency studies, or even general philosophies. Freedom can't be the answer because it doesn't require the State, which we know is necessary because they told us it was, and nobody can remember what Freedom was.

One curious piece of American culture I find intriguing is the fascination with the "Wild West" where there may have been a sheriff, but life was admittedly 'lawless.' There were brothels and drugs and swearing. But there was also a work-ethic, responsibility, and general Peace - you weren't going to be shot at while walking down the street.

The only real problems were with the Government trying to redistribute lands, a pompous power-control war with Spain over the Mexican border, and the ineffectiveness of the monopoly law-man to control banditry, unless, like the more popular sheriffs, they went beyond the legal limits of their job and put the entire town under his dictatorial rule.

Lesson: Even today people yearn to be free - but they have been so extensively conditioned to see evil in men and good in the State that they forget that both criminals and rulers are just men, too, and neither has the right to run your life how they see fit. They accept rule from rulers because they are scared that otherwise they will be left to be ruled by the criminals.

We have another solution, and hopefully we can spread it: Security is too important to be left up to a monopoly of force granted on geography. People need to be secure, in everyone's own particular manner, and the Government can only offer simple, ineffectual, and rights infringing solutions, no matter who is in charge.

CUnknown
04-15-2009, 09:10 AM
The role reversal is hilarious.

When Bush was president there was a huge liberal protest movement. They had liberal anti-war protests all the time. And there would always be a very small handful of neocons staging a pro-war counter protest. There were zero conservative protests though until us Paulbots came on the scene.

Now Obama is president. The liberal protest movement is almost completely dead. Now the conservatives are starting their protest movement. It will grow and grow and get just as big as the liberal protest movement was. At these conservative protests there will always be a small handful of neo-liberals staging counter protests.

It kind of relates to Conza's "What you will now see from the media" thread.

The false dichotomy that most of America is trapped in is both funny and sad.

It's not funny to me, it's just sad. I have trouble dealing with it.

There was an amazing amount of protest, both on the "right" and "left" when Bush was in office, and the two sides mostly agreed with each other. It's amazing to me how soon the powers than be were able to completely contain and muzzle the protests. Ever since Obama got elected, nothing has been going well for our cause. The "right" protests have been taken over by the establishment, and the "left" has stopped protesting all together. Now they are even organizing counter-protests, wtf?

These are important times, we have to continue the movement even though things have just gotten much, much harder for us. It's hard not to despair, but we've got to keep at it.

MsDoodahs
04-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I've realized that the largest function that government has is to make its subjects not be able to perceive what they would be able to do without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_30-8ZlmQ

:)

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 09:36 AM
and acptulsa.. you know if they find anyone who gives good answers to those questions they won't be broadcast. They'll spend hours interviewing people to find the one person who is totally uninformed and who forgot to take his meds. :eek:

That's all right. I'd do it just to haunt the person behind the camera. The truth can haunt a body, you know...

powerofreason
04-15-2009, 09:56 AM
These types of liberals just crack me up. The irony is spectacular. They act like they are so progressive and enlightened when they are economically illiterate and simple tools of the State.

acptulsa
04-15-2009, 10:01 AM
These types of liberals just crack me up. The irony is spectacular. They act like they are so progressive and enlightened when they are economically illiterate and simple tools of the State.

And so has it ever been. The next phase of the cycle is where their little theories blow up when they try to put them in practice. Then comes the phase where the public elects Republicans to fix the mess, and after that the free market is blamed when the Republicans refuse to use the free market to fix the mess.

Everything is right on schedule. All we have to do is get the G.O.P. converted into an organization that will actually let the free market fix the mess before the next election.

Feenix566
04-15-2009, 10:57 AM

Absolutely correct. That's how the media exerts their bias. They interview dozens of people until they find one who says what they want to report, and then they air that interview, all while claiming to be just "reporting the facts".