PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 'End the Fed' Book Bomb

RonPaulFanInGA
04-14-2009, 04:16 PM
We need a date and a website.

I'm tired of hearing about Mark Levin's book being the best-selling Amazon book of all-time (Hannity said that, don't know how true it is) and the best-selling book of 2009 thus far.

ronpaulhawaii
04-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I've got the domain endthefedbookbomb and the owner of www.ronpaulbookbomb.com is willing to host a site, let us use his design as a theme, and point his domain to ours for this event

I'd say July 4th...

Stary Hickory
04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Lemme know when let's blow this completely up. I will buy 3 copies when we do it.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-14-2009, 04:50 PM
I was going to suggest Constitution day (September 17), but the book comes out on September 16th.

July 4th is good.

MRoCkEd
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Should the book bomb be before or after it comes out? or both?

July 4th pre-order bomb
and September 17th order bomb

RonPaulFanInGA
04-14-2009, 05:21 PM
I would think before.

Regardless, it needs to be just one big one. Too many creates confusion.

RCA
04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Our goal should be 1,913 books sold on July 4th.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-14-2009, 10:06 PM
Our goal should be 1,913 books sold on July 4th.

Our goal should be the highest number of books sold possible on July 4th.

Flirple
04-15-2009, 12:38 AM
I would think before.

Regardless, it needs to be just one big one. Too many creates confusion.

+1

It seems like we should find a day of specific relevance instead of a generic "patriotic" day like July 4th. And it seems like we would want the day to be about a month or so BEFORE it's release to hype it up. We want this to debut on the bestseller list.

Is there any date that fits that criteria? Anyone know what the date of when Jackson vetoed the 2nd National bank's re-charter was? Something along those lines.

The day we choose should serve as a teachable moment.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-15-2009, 12:55 AM
Is there any date that fits that criteria? Anyone know what the date of when Jackson vetoed the 2nd National bank's re-charter was? Something along those lines.

The day we choose should serve as a teachable moment.

I love that idea! And it is July 10th:

http://www.civil-liberties.com/cases/bankveto.html

Also: "On July 10, 1832, President Andrew Jackson vetoed a bill that would have renewed the corporate charter for the Second Bank of the United States...."

I vote this.

Omphfullas Zamboni
04-15-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi,

A catchy, forwardable YouTube short would bump sales; whatever happened to the Ron Paul Girl?

Sincerely,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Flirple
04-15-2009, 01:07 AM

Also: "On July 10, 1832, President Andrew Jackson vetoed a bill that would have renewed the corporate charter for the Second Bank of the United States...."

I vote this.

Wow the timing of that date is about perfect.

Slist
04-15-2009, 03:07 AM
The thing I would love is something like a money bomb... buy books and give them away freely. Put them into random mailboxes, leave them on benches...

I dare to think such an action would be the money best spent!

kathy88
04-15-2009, 04:27 AM
I pre=orderded already, but will gladly buy some more copies if we set a date.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-15-2009, 11:01 AM
Bump.

ronpaulhawaii
04-15-2009, 11:02 AM

I vote this.

Agreed

:D

torchbearer
04-15-2009, 01:23 PM
July 10th looks good to me.

Flirple
04-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Hi,

A catchy, forwardable YouTube short would bump sales;...
Yes YouTubes will be needed to promote of course. If we go with July 10th to commemorate the date of Jackson's veto we must be careful to not deify Jackson.
We are celebrating that particular action not him or his entire presidency. Like all the presidents, Jackson had huge flaws that run counter to liberty.

Having said all that, I can imagine the videos now...generous use of historic anti-Hamilton/national bank quotes from Jefferson.... captions about the history of the beginning and end of the first national bank...video clips from Mises, Hayek, etc. explaining the Austrian business cycle theory and the need to abolish central bank...the rise of the 2nd national bank is covered and July 10th is spotlighted as the day Jackson effectively ended it...the breakdown of Bretton Woods (as predicted by the Austrians such as Hazlitt) proving to Ron that he MUST run for office to educate people about this issue...then for 30 years he tirelessly and consistently does just that while the rest of the country remained clueless...then a graphic along the lines of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNS8IY_Td14) illustrates why past central banks were tame compared to our current central bank monster.

Then the video issues a call to arms (or wallets rather): "On July 10th 1832 America's 2nd national bank was ended...this July 10th will be the beginning of the end for The Fed."

tonyr1988
04-16-2009, 05:49 AM

I vote this.

Wow, that date is amazing. But....why would we want to do it before its released? If we do it after it's released, we can have people physically go to stores and buy them, not just online preorders -- it seems more "real" when people immediately have something in their hands to show for it. I remember that this was an issue for The Revolution, where local bookstores wouldn't have it in the bestseller's section (usually in the front of the store), because their sales of it weren't good. Also, waiting until September (Constitution Day sounds good, but something more Fed-specific would be nice) would give us more time to promote it.

I'm mainly thinking out loud, but I am curious why so many people want to do a pre-order bomb.

Flirple
04-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow, that date is amazing. But....why would we want to do it before its released? If we do it after it's released, we can have people physically go to stores and buy them, not just online preorders -- it seems more "real" when people immediately have something in their hands to show for it. I remember that this was an issue for The Revolution, where local bookstores wouldn't have it in the bestseller's section (usually in the front of the store), because their sales of it weren't good. Also, waiting until September (Constitution Day sounds good, but something more Fed-specific would be nice) would give us more time to promote it.

I'm mainly thinking out loud, but I am curious why so many people want to do a pre-order bomb.

I think your points are valid but by doing it before the release date sends a signal to the bookstores that there is demand for this book so they better have plenty of copies in stock once it is released. And they better display them promenantly near the store enterance instead if hiding them like last time.

By the way, the thing that gave us such a powerful feedback loop on our most succesful money bombs was the live counter thermometer on the main website. Does
anyone know if it would be possible to aggrigate the online sales in the same way? Could we get Amazon and the other online booksellers to cooperate with us? It's in their self interest to help motivate us to buy lots of books.

That would be another advantage of doing the book bomb on July 10th instead of a later date after the release...we can't really accurately track store sales in real time.

I think a live counter widget is absolutely crucial to a successful money/bomb. It makes it fun and something to watch all day on your computer abd talk about!

torchbearer
04-17-2009, 02:57 PM
I think your points are valid but by doing it before the release date sends a signal to the bookstores that there is demand for this book so they better have plenty of copies in stock once it is released. And they better display them promenantly near the store enterance instead if hiding them like last time.

By the way, the thing that gave us such a powerful feedback loop on our most succesful money bombs was the live counter thermometer on the main website. Does
anyone know if it would be possible to aggrigate the online sales in the same way? Could we get Amazon and the other online booksellers to cooperate with us? It's in their self interest to help motivate us to buy lots of books.

That would be another advantage of doing the book bomb on July 10th instead of a later date after the release...we can't really accurately track store sales in real time.

I think a live counter widget is absolutely crucial to a successful money/bomb. It makes it fun and something to watch all day on your computer abd talk about!

DrKnows on this forum knows how to make the counter widget.

Flirple
04-17-2009, 03:52 PM
DrKnows on this forum knows how to make the counter widget.

Great. But I'm wondering specifically how/where the widget gets the data? Back in the day the official campaign shared the stats right? I'm just wondering outloud if Amazon will share their data with us in real time? A widget is only effective if is regularly and accurately updated. This was easy during the campaign because ALL donations went to RonPaul2008.com. But this time the "donations" will go to multiple 3rd party booksellers...

Ideas???