PDA

View Full Version : Update: SC Straw Poll Thursday Will Allow Out Of State Voters To Vote

Razmear
09-18-2007, 02:44 PM
http://www.palmettofamily.org/stump.htm

It has been confirmed that out of state voters will be permitted to attend and vote at the upcoming Palmetto Family Values Straw Poll.
Tickets are $50 each and need to be purchased in advance, and "conservative" dress is required (don't get turned away for wearing a T-Shirt like they did in TX).
Details are available at the link above. Votes from non-SC residents will be counted but flagged as 'out of state' for statistical purposes.

eb

brumans
09-18-2007, 02:47 PM
We need at least 100,000 people to drive out of state into SC to vote in this straw poll.

uncloned21
09-18-2007, 02:48 PM
i wish i had $50

Razmear
09-18-2007, 03:05 PM
I guess there aren't too many details at the link in my first post, so here is the email from the RPHQ Coordinator for SC:

September 17, 2007

This Thursday, the crucial Palmetto Family Stump Meeting and Straw Poll will take place in South Carolina. This is an important event for our campaign since key Christian religious leaders will be attending. The Christian religious vote is more than 50 percent of the South Carolina Republican vote in the primary season.

The Palmetto Family Stump Meeting and Straw Poll will garner statewide media attention, and a strong showing would demonstrate the viability of Ron Paul's candidacy in South Carolina!

So, please come and join us for this event! You do not need to be a South Carolina resident to vote you will just need a current driver's license. We

Please spread the word to your friends and family members!

We cannot allow a poor showing for Ron Paul in South Carolina at this event. We must organize and organize quickly! Many of the other candidates will be in attendance and Dr. Paul will be calling in to share his views on issues important to the Christian community.

Details below:

Date: Thursday, September 20, 2007
Location: Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center, 1101 Lincoln Street, Columbia, SC 29201
Time: Doors Open & Dinner Available at 5:00 p.m., Event Begins at 6:00 p.m., Straw Poll Ballots Cast at 8:30 p.m
* Please dress conservatively (Ron Paul buttons are fine)
Event website: http://www.palmettofamily.org/stump.htm
Cost: $50

We look forward to seeing you there!

Brian Gentry
South Carolina Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008

LibertyEagle
09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
What? Dr. Paul isn't going to be there? It said he's going to be "calling in".

I hope South Carolinians don't take that as a slight.

dsentell
09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
What bad timing.... I just returned home from South Carolina on Friday night!

I would love to have been there for this vote. But can't make another trip this fast.