PDA

View Full Version : Drudge Idea

WASH DC
09-18-2007, 02:35 PM
If the Q3 fundraising results are really good, perhaps the campaign should leak the amount raised to Drudge a day or two before the official announcment. This would get would wide attention and circulation and provide a news peg for Drudge to give an assist to RP.

Drudge all but endorsed RP in one of the RP videos.

dsentell
09-18-2007, 02:38 PM
If the Q3 fundraising results are really good, perhaps the campaign should leak the amount raised to Drudge a day or two before the official announcment. This would get would wide attention and circulation and provide a news peg for Drudge to give an assist to RP.

Drudge all but endorsed RP in one of the RP videos.

That would be wonderful. If I had the figures, I would certainly consider doing so.

However, one caveat -- before the figures came out at the end of the last quarter, the rumor was that RP had raised $5 million. When the actual figures were released, the numbers were about half that much.

SO, my only warning would be that the figures be accurate, otherwise it could make the campaign look bad........

WASH DC
09-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Agreed.

mkrfctr
09-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Pretty sure the only place those rumors came from was Freemarketnews, which I've never seen an author listed for the "exclusive" articles, and every bit of information is listed soley as "a source close to the campaign" which doesn't bode well for their reliability, which as already proven false on at least that one occasion (more?).

This would have to be something done directly from the campaign HQ, and there is a good reason they keep those numbers close to their chest, as evidenced here by dsentell, who would not hesitate to release them to the world for better or worse (perhaps with best intentions, but you know what they say about those...).

WASH DC
09-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, it would have to come from the official campaign. The value in holding the numbers secret for an extra day or two, in my view, is far outweighed by the potential benefit of getting on Drudge.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-18-2007, 03:00 PM
What is Drudge's position on the Iraq war, and has he said anything about Ron Paul on his radio show?

For some reason I had the impression he didn't like Ron Paul because I rarely/never see news stories about him on Drudge.

WASH DC
09-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Drudge all but endorses RP at the beginning of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln7gaOsNyac

jjschless
09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
As far as the Drudge report, I monitor the site every day and most especially after Dr. Paul makes a news worthy item: Straw Poll finishes, Debate wins, general good news.

To date the Drudge report has contained less than half a dozen pieces on Dr. Paul while proliferating the site with pieces against Democrats and for Neo-Cons.

I don't think this is a bad idea but I also don't think it will have much traction on a Neo-Con site like the Drudge Report.