PDA

View Full Version : Let the Banning Begin ...Polls Remove Ron Paul

scubasteve01
09-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Let the Banning Begin ... Polls Remove Ron Paul (2)

Monday, September 17, 2007 - FreeMarketNews.com

News Analysis

It has long been the contention of GOP Strawpolls that Ron Paul supporters were "spamming" their poll. They threatened to remove his name, and now they've gone and done it - though exactly when they did it is not clear. Ron Paul supporters only began to mention it recently in any case.

Ironically, the list below does not contain the name of Alan Keyes, either. Whether this is an oversight, or intentional, remains to be seen.

Ron Paul is running at five percent in New Hampshire and garnering plenty of press and debate attention nationwide. Bill O'Reilly just featured him and CNN, as has been reported, also sought to have him on the air. 60 Minutes is reportedly doing a feature on Ron Paul.

With so much attention being paid to one candidate, albeit not a "front-runner" it makes little sense for a major Internet poll to remove his name. The poll itself, rather than Ron Paul, risks a long, slow slide into irrelevancy.

Sam Brownback
Newt Gingrich
Rudy Giuliani
Mike Huckabee
Duncan Hunter
John McCain
Mitt Romney
Tom Tancredo
Fred Thompson

See ... http://www.gopstrawpolls.com

Additionally, www.pajamasmedia.com began banning Ron Paul as early as February of 2007. The site now carries the following note regarding their presidential poll:

Over 130,000 votes have been cast in the weekly PAJAMAS MEDIA PRESIDENTIAL STRAW POLL. The thirty-fifth week has officially begun.

NEW DEAL: Pajamas Media editors have noted that the number of weekly votes in our poll has diminished drastically from the tens of thousands cast at the outset. For months now, many readers have been complaining to us about the increasing inutility of the poll because of vote-swarming by second tier candidates. Many voters have lost interest and are not participating. Websites that had run our widget were no longer doing so.

Something needed to change.

Therefore, especially since the campaign itself appears to be narrowing its focus to front-running candidates, henceforth the Pajamas Media Poll will be restricted to those first tier candidates listed on the front poll page of the leading online poll aggregator Real Clear Politics. As of now, that is four candidates on the Democratic side and five on the Republican. We will change our lineup on the Sunday after RCP does, if it does.

pajamas media poll:

Fred Thompson 30 46.9%
Rudy Giuliani 21 32.8%
Mitt Romney 8 12.5%
John McCain 4 6.3%
Mike Huckabee 1 1.6%

Source: http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49045

Mordechai Vanunu
09-18-2007, 02:27 PM
PJM considers Huckabee but not Paul top tier...makes no sense.

American
09-18-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm not anti semitic but why is it every time I go to these web sites where Ron Paul has been removed I always see editors with Jewish last names?

This is a question, not any kind of anti semitic statement. I'm sure its prolly just me but I do find it rather disturbing if there is any connection between Ron Paul vs AIPAC

Lord Xar
09-18-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not anti semitic but why is it every time I go to these web sites where Ron Paul has been removed I always see editors with Jewish last names?

This is a question, not any kind of anti semitic statement. I'm sure its prolly just me but I do find it rather disturbing if there is any connection between Ron Paul vs AIPAC

hahahahahahahaha HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

sometimes things are so obvious, they become hidden.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-18-2007, 02:57 PM

Not a coincidence. RP is the only Republican candidate who opposes their agenda - nation building/endless war/regime change in Middle East countries, and billions of dollars in foreign aid. He is anti-neoconservativism, which is basically anti-zionism.

This brings to mind two Zionist Jewish radio talk show hosts - Mark Levin and Michael Savage - both who hate Ron Paul. You don't hear any rabid Ron Paul bashing from Rush Limbaugh...

Thunderbolt
09-18-2007, 02:59 PM

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 03:01 PM
its fixed anyway if you cant win cheat: None was winning last time I checked with a lot more votes that 102
F. Thompson 2678 (32.5%)
Romney 1845 (22.4%)
Giuliani 1236 (15%)
Hunter 582 (7.1%)
Gingrich 559 (6.8%)
Huckabee 519 (6.3%)
Tancredo 439 (5.3%)
McCain 170 (2.1%)
Brownback 107 (1.3%)
(none) 102 (1.2%)

Thunderbolt
09-18-2007, 03:02 PM

CMoore
09-18-2007, 03:08 PM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

We don't need this kind of attack on these boards. Learn a lesson from Ron Paul about treating people collectively: don't do it. People are individuals and attacking the Jewish people on this forum does not help get Ron Paul votes. So let's use a little decorum, ok?

Everyone should remember the leading lights and top idea people of the Libertarian movement who are also Jewish. Taring everyone with the same brush is not helpful

Mordechai Vanunu
09-18-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

Congratulations.

Try posting again, and this time address the actual information being discussed.

American
09-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

We don't need this kind of attack on these boards. Learn a lesson from Ron Paul about treating people collectively: don't do it. People are individuals and attacking the Jewish people on this forum does not help get Ron Paul votes. So let's use a little decorum, ok?

I thought I would get some static from my reply and rightfully so. Let first say I dont think I'm anti semitic, I've never really paid it much attention at all. It was only after following different articles and seeing (I thought) the same person as editor of these anti Ron Paul web sites. Upon further review they were actually different people. So like any good internet user I did some research on the subject to substantiate or discredit my thinking.

I also want to say something else, just because I use the word "Jew" or Israel doesnt make it an anti semitic comment, to even suggest that is just silly.

My findings found me this book that has recently hit the Amazon, again I havent really considered this angle before but there might be some merit to Ron Paul vs AIPAC.

The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy
This book is stunning. The two authors are prominent political scientists with impeccable credentials, hailing from Harvard and the University of Chicago. They have boldly gone where many of their academic colleagues would fear to tread. Although their conclusions about Israel and its negative influence on American foreign policy will awaken much anxiety, resentment and fury in certain quarters, Walt and Mearsheimer don't seem to care. Why not? They are scientists. They appeal to logic, facts and common sense; and let the conclusions fall where they may. The writing is calm, dispassionate, thorough. The basic argument is that the extraordinarily high degree of economic, military and diplomatic support given to Israel by the United States cannot be explained or justified by the notion that Israel functions as a strategic asset to the U.S., or that Israel as the "only democracy" amidst a sea of authoritarian neighbors is deserving of special favor for its "shared interests and values". In fact, the authors claim, Israel is more a liability than an asset. During the Cold War, the strategic-value argument had perhaps some plausibility -- but no longer. What has replaced the Soviet menace, as the enemy which the U.S. supposedly needs Israel's help to combat, is Islamic terrorism. But the U.S. favor shown to Israel at the expense of the Palestinians only makes us more not less vulnerable to terrorism. Furthermore Israel's cruelty towards the Palestinians and its essential nature as a Jewish but not a truly democratic state in which all citizens of whatever ethnicity or religion would be given equal rights and respect, belie the "shared values" argument.

So if neither "shared values" nor "strategic asset" can explain the overwhelming U.S. support of Israel, what else is there? The power of the Israel lobby, which has brought about a situation in which it is impossible for elected officials to question support for Israel, much less redirect foreign policy in any way contrary to the perceived self-interest of Israel. This has led the U.S. to make critical mistakes, such as invading and occupying Iraq. The war on Iraq has proven disastrous; the authors argue that the U.S. would not have attacked Iraq, were it not for the influence of the Israel lobby.

In the end, perhaps what is most significant and remarkable about this book is that it has seen the light of day. It got published. Could it be that there is still hope for reasonable, open debate about the right courses of action in the Middle East? The authors have been and will continue to be vilified as anti-Semitic or worse. They are owed a debt of gratitude for having the courage to stand up and to refuse to be silenced.
http://www.amazon.com/Israel-Lobby-U-S-Foreign-Policy/dp/0374177724/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-7385389-7125708?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1190150179&sr=8-1

brandon
09-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

Obviously you aren't too up on your jewish studies if you dont realize there is a big difference between judaism and zionism. The guy you quoted was bashing zionism, and i agree with him. Most zionists are out of control neo-cons. However dont call me anti-semetic, i just got out of a four year relationship with a jewish girl i loved very much, she wasn't a zionist.

Zionism is a political movement, not a religion. They think that god entitled them to some holy land so they have a right to go and displace and kill tons of palistinians. Pretty whacky if u ask me. Every religion has these extreme sects, and i dont like any of them.

mikelovesgod
09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

Zionism is not being Jewish. He was discussing Zionist agendas, not the Jewish people.

American
09-18-2007, 04:23 PM
Damn, I had no idea this was an issue.

Here is Scott Ritter, ex Marine intelligence officer and former lead UN weapons inspector on the Israeli/US foreign policy....

Israel's influence of US policy & the Israeli lobby (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O125hGt9qt4)

WOW, I like this guy, he seems to say the same thing as Ron Paul....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aclQQxJWOSE

Mordechai Vanunu
09-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Ritter has gotten smeared so much by our MSM and the Bush administration...all he has done is spoken the truth.

American
09-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I guess he has a book he is promoting, not hardly someone who appears to be considered a kook.

Scott Ritter: Waging Peace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOMfMq5BM9o

lynnf
09-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Let the Banning Begin ... Polls Remove Ron Paul (2)

Therefore, especially since the campaign itself appears to be narrowing its focus to front-running candidates, henceforth the Pajamas Media Poll will be restricted to those first tier candidates listed on the front poll page of the leading online poll aggregator Real Clear Politics. As of now, that is four candidates on the Democratic side and five on the Republican. We will change our lineup on the Sunday after RCP does, if it does.

pajamas media poll:

Fred Thompson 30 46.9%
Rudy Giuliani 21 32.8%
Mitt Romney 8 12.5%
John McCain 4 6.3%
Mike Huckabee 1 1.6%

Source: http://www.freemarketnews.com/WorldNews.asp?nid=49045

Let's do something about this. Since they have decided to have a skewed poll, let's help them along with it. Let us choose a candidate and let's all go vote for that candidate. I think the best candidate to choose for this purpose would be Gouliani, because he's the worst choice as a candidate. Let's ROLL!

lynn

lynnf
09-18-2007, 06:03 PM
Ron Paul was banned from the Pajamas Media poll

http://www.pajamasmedia.com

Let's do something about this. Since they have decided to have a skewed poll, let's help them along with it. Let's choose a candidate and let's all go vote for that candidate. I think the best candidate to choose for this purpose would be Gouliani, because he's the worst candidate.

They asked for this.

lynn

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Let's do something about this. Since they have decided to have a skewed poll, let's help them along with it. Let us choose a candidate and let's all go vote for that candidate. I think the best candidate to choose for this purpose would be Gouliani, because he's the worst choice as a candidate. Let's ROLL!

lynn

I say vote huckabee

james1844
09-18-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm with Thunder on this one, there should be no room for anti-semitism in the Ron Paul campaign.

jd603
09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
The "scientific" polls are bought and paid for, proof is in NH. The people on the ground want Ron Paul, I personally went outside and checked (over the last few months). The GOP straw polls he wins. He dominated Manchester, NH (largest city in NH and largest city of the North East US) with 66% of the vote.

When other candidates supporters come out, they don't get half the honking and energy as Ron Paul supporters. So at least in NH, i'm 90% sure the scientific polls are bought and paid for by the money candidates. Romney had 3% of the votes at the Manchester GOP straw poll.

The only other explanation is terribly unreliable phone polling, which is possible, but I'm leaning more towards purchased results. I see very few television ads , and yet these candidates spent big money, where did it go? Poll results for one?

lynnf
09-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I say vote huckabee

so, .... are you a troll?

lynn

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
so, .... are you a troll?

lynn

do you not get what we are trying to do here? We are trying to vote for the worse candidate. You need to read my other posts before you call me a troll thank you :D

lynnf
09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
do you not get what we are trying to do here? We are trying to vote for the worse candidate. You need to read my other posts before you call me a troll thank you :D

Gouliani is obviously the worst candidate, even notwithstanding Mitt, as bad as Mitt is. You propose Huck without any supporting argument, out of the blue to undercut my proposition. Seems trollish to me regardless of anything you might have posted elsewhere, which could have been a ruse.

lynn

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Gouliani is obviously the worst candidate, even notwithstanding Mitt, as bad as Mitt is. You propose Huck without any supporting argument, out of the blue to undercut my proposition. Seems trollish to me regardless of anything you might have posted elsewhere, which could have been a ruse.

lynn

the worlds out to get you, run and hide. Sorry I retract my statements

michaelwise
09-18-2007, 06:52 PM

This is a question, not any kind of anti semitic statement. I'm sure its prolly just me but I do find it rather disturbing if there is any connection between Ron Paul vs AIPACNot all, but some are self serving anti-humanitarians.

ButchHowdy
09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
I'm with Thunder on this one, there should be no room for anti-semitism in the Ron Paul campaign.

The following is a list of Semitic peoples.

Akkadians
Assyrians
Babylonians
Chaldeans
Eblaites
Akhlames
Aramaeans
Ugarites
Amorites
Ammonites
Edomites
Hebrews
Moabites
Phoenicians
Sabaeans
Aksumites
Arabs
Lihyanites
Thamud people
Ghassanids
Nabataeans

Any one caught being ANTI any of these people will be forced to spent one solid week with Mike Huckabee

2nd offense: Alan Keyes
3rd offense: Rudy Giuliani

jpa
09-18-2007, 07:36 PM
bad choice, since he is the national frontrunner.

The BEST thing you can do is NEVER go to the site. And tell all your friends online to avoid it. Hurt their advertising dollars!

American
09-18-2007, 07:37 PM
bad choice, since he is the national frontrunner.

The BEST thing you can do is NEVER go to the site. And tell all your friends online to avoid it. Hurt their advertising dollars!

Very good advice. The strongest statement you could ever send is hurt them in the wallet.

Bradley in DC
09-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Ron Paul was banned from the Pajamas Media poll

http://www.pajamasmedia.com

Let's do something about this. Since they have decided to have a skewed poll, let's help them along with it. Let's choose a candidate and let's all go vote for that candidate. I think the best candidate to choose for this purpose would be Gouliani, because he's the worst candidate.

They asked for this.

lynn

Lynn,

They've banned him previously, then they came up with the objective standard of 1% in the most recent Gallup poll. Now that we're up to 4%, they're moving the goalpost again to being listed in RealClear's polling. The best thing for us to do is keep up our success spreading Dr. Paul's message and keep beating them at their own game!

Proemio
09-18-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

Nice...

AIPAC is a collective. Zionists are a collective. NeoCons, etc.

There is no attack on the Jewish people in the posts you object to, although anyone questioning any part of the agenda and/or methods of the COLLECTIVES mentioned, will surely be called out for daring to speak - instantly - as you just did. Why?

The eight hundred pound hammer - not cool, not cool at all...

Furthermore, invoking Ron Paul does not work very well:
“I oppose certain groups having more of an influence than others, and since one of the main purposes of AIPAC (the Israeli Lobby) is to lobby for generous taxpayer support of Israel, that portion of their influence will end under my administration.” - Ron Paul

He could have included "... and to shut up debate...".

lynnf
09-18-2007, 07:59 PM
Lynn,

They've banned him previously, then they came up with the objective standard of 1% in the most recent Gallup poll. Now that we're up to 4%, they're moving the goalpost again to being listed in RealClear's polling. The best thing for us to do is keep up our success spreading Dr. Paul's message and keep beating them at their own game!

I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I don't have anything against campaign success but the polls are asking for this through their shenanigans. Doing something about it beats wringing your hands and saying "Oh, my!" So what if it ups their visit count or Gouliani gets a bloated vote count. Help to give them what they asked for -- a skewed vote count!

lynn

jpa
09-18-2007, 08:48 PM
Don't vote on their poll. You are giving money (in advertising dollars) to them.

Boycott Pajama Media! Tell your friends, fanily, whoever to boycott them because of their naked attempt to manipulate the elections.

Paul4Prez
09-18-2007, 09:36 PM
Any online poll that excludes Ron Paul is looking pretty stupid about right now, with Ron Paul at 4% and rising in the latest Gallup poll....

They also have a hard time justifying leaving him out, in favor of other candidates with fewer supporters, less public support, and less financial support.

lynnf
09-19-2007, 03:12 AM
Don't vote on their poll. You are giving money (in advertising dollars) to them.

Boycott Pajama Media! Tell your friends, fanily, whoever to boycott them because of their naked attempt to manipulate the elections.

Boycotts almost never work. However, skewing their poll further would seem to be very effective even if they didn't know that it was happening.

lynn

buffalokid777
09-19-2007, 03:24 AM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

If you're jewish....

The best thing you could do is enlighten anyone here who doesn't know the difference between Judaism and Zionism....

MSM tends to lump the two together, resulting in Irrational thought fom those who don't know the difference.

You are probably more qualified than I to explain the difference between Judaism and Zionism.

Some people mistakenly equate the two, I believe it's not because they are anti-semite, but rather a lack of knowledge.

Please show those who don't know the difference the truth...if you do a good job, it will result in less posts you find offensive....

Knowledge is power.....

Mordechai Vanunu
09-19-2007, 04:34 AM
Agreed that "scientific" polls are BS, either by fraud or horrible methodology.

TurtleBurger
09-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Boycotts almost never work. However, skewing their poll further would seem to be very effective even if they didn't know that it was happening.

lynn

I'm with the boycott idea. If they are so determined to drive away 50% of their site visitors and by extension, advertising dollars, then let them do it; they'll get what they deserve. Screwing around with their poll results seems mean-spirited and destructive to me. The high road is just staying away.

kickzman
09-19-2007, 06:57 AM
I'm Jewish and up yours!

He is insulting zionism not jews, lug nut! Zionism= Neoconservatism!

kickzman
09-19-2007, 07:10 AM
The word antisemitism needs to be done away with. No group should be above critism.