PDA

View Full Version : Values Voter debate's 340 delegates were hand-picked?

wgadget
09-18-2007, 02:25 PM
How were they chosen? Seems a little fixed to me...

But Ron still did well.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57708

Original_Intent
09-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Yes they were selected by the organizers and the panelists.

angelatc
09-18-2007, 03:04 PM
I do not know how they were selected, but the fasting female host mentioned at least twice that the delegates were screened and selected to represent the Values Voter ideals.

Original_Intent
09-18-2007, 03:12 PM
The 40 people who organized and/or asked questions were each able to hand select delegates that would vote supportive of the values voter views. I don't know if each panelist got a set number of delegates, or if some got more than others. But they definitely have no room to complain about the party establishment stacking the deck in any election.

This was nothing but "we fasted, we prayed and Lo! our prayers our answered - all christian conservatives must close ranks behind Huckabee!"

Seriously, how bogus is the organizers hand picking who can vote? Why didn't they let all attendees to the debate vote? (A: they would lose control and could not anoint their man with a 4-to1 margin win)

Mani
09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I do not know how they were selected, but the fasting female host mentioned at least twice that the delegates were screened and selected to represent the Values Voter ideals.

Delegates were chosen beforehand going through a screening process. They were looking for delegates who fit the appropriate beliefs of someone in this audience.

Someone who is Pro-life, a Godly leader, Christian, etc.

They asked people to make sure they fit that profile.

They wanted to make sure their typical member was represented as a voting delegate.

Paul4Prez
09-19-2007, 11:40 PM
The funny thing is, I recall an earlier article on WorldNetDaily saying there would be over 600 delegates selected. I wonder what happened to the rest?

I guess they didn't trust the audience to vote, since only one candidate (hint, he has two first names) has any ability to draw people to hear him speak, and it might have skewed the results....

LibertyEagle
09-20-2007, 02:45 AM
I saw very little that went on during this debate that in any way correlated these people's beliefs with conservatism, with maybe the exception of Phyllis Schlafly. The others seemed quite content to use big government to force their agendas. There ain't nothing conservative about that.