PDA

View Full Version : The Top 100 Libertarian Blogs and Websites... where is rpf?

muzzled dogg
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2009/03/top-100-libertarian-blogs-and-websites.html

muzzled dogg
04-13-2009, 04:22 PM
i think we need to let them know about rpf

He Who Pawns
04-13-2009, 04:28 PM
thanks for the link. that's a great resource.

i did notice a large fail though:

21. The Heritage Foundation

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif

nate895
04-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah, we deserve a spot. We surely have more traffic than half of those.

speciallyblend
04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
RPF is so GOLD they are ahead of #1;)

orafi
04-13-2009, 05:36 PM
correct me if im wrong, but haven't they listed only blogs, not message boards, which happensto be the category ronpaulforums belongs to?

torchbearer
04-13-2009, 05:37 PM
correct me if im wrong, but haven't they listed only blogs, not message boards, which happensto be the category ronpaulforums belongs to?

blogs can have many posters.
Our site has many posters, each thread is a new article on the blog.
The other post are comments to that article.
What is the difference?

UnReconstructed
04-13-2009, 05:41 PM
yea, and this place isn't really all that libertarian. its a great place for news and info but not a real libertarian lean.

ItsTime
04-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Ron Paul is a Republican. Its funny we (different people on the forum) bitch when Glenn Beck calls him a Libertarian and we bitch when Ron Paul Forums is not listed on the top Libertarian website list LOL

nate895
04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
yea, and this place isn't really all that libertarian. its a great place for news and info but not a real libertarian lean.

WTF? We are more libertarian than Heritage.

orafi
04-13-2009, 08:16 PM
blogs can have many posters.
Our site has many posters, each thread is a new article on the blog.
The other post are comments to that article.
What is the difference?

blogs are more dedicated to a single or group of authors. that's mostly about it.

in message boards, the repliers have more weight to their comments as well and the setup is more structured. the message board is more about the community, while a blog is like posting a news article as the primary motive (what's the difference between cnn online and ronpaulforums, other than the obvious iq brackets?)

guess you could ask just as well, "what's the difference between a van full of friends and a metrobus?".

heavenlyboy34
04-13-2009, 08:25 PM
WTF? We are more libertarian than Heritage.

Plus, Heritage is endorsed by all the big neocons! :eek::p (Hannity, Limbaugh, etc) I see no reason for them to be on the list.

torchbearer
04-13-2009, 08:26 PM
blogs are more dedicated to a single or group of authors. that's mostly about it.

in message boards, the repliers have more weight to their comments as well and the setup is more structured. the message board is more about the community, while a blog is like posting a news article as the primary motive (what's the difference between cnn online and ronpaulforums, other than the obvious iq brackets?)

guess you could ask just as well, "what's the difference between a van full of friends and a metrobus?".

Quantitative difference, not qualitative difference.

Andrew-Austin
04-13-2009, 08:32 PM
24. The Ayn Rand Institute (with apologies to Ayn Rand)

lol, she must be pretty pissed off in her grave right about now.

Is Free Domain Radio not on there?

orafi
04-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Quantitative difference, not qualitative difference.

it's actually more qualitative than quantitative.

UnReconstructed
04-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Not likely that Freedom Domain Radio would be listed either. I haven't looked at the list so I don't know but I do know that mainstream [neo] Libertarians are/have distanced themselves from that "fringe" group of anarchists/voluntaryists that, pre-bob barr, associated themselves with the non-aggression axiom that was a pillar of libertarianism.

torchbearer
04-13-2009, 09:28 PM
it's actually more qualitative than quantitative.

no its quantitative differences.
the quality of traits are the same, the only difference is the scale.
A van load of friends, a bus load of people. quantitative.
A few authors posting content with comments added by others (blogs) and many authors posting a lot of content with many more comments added by others (forum). quantitative.

Class dismissed.