PDA

View Full Version : Will Bunning Please Just Go Already?

RonPaulFanInGA
04-13-2009, 03:08 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=187807

He has no chance. He's not going to be a U.S. Senator come January 2011 no matter what he does. Will he please step aside and let Paul run?

He Who Pawns
04-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Everyone should send him emails saying simply, "GTFO."

Matt Collins
04-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Everyone should send him emails saying simply, "GTFO."Do a Google image search for that acronym ha ha ha :D

He Who Pawns
04-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Do a Google image search for that acronym ha ha ha :D

haha.

we could all just send him the following link:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=GTFO

torchbearer
04-13-2009, 05:27 PM
i'll send this one.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa132/askrob/Anime/gtfo-take-fail.jpg?t=1239666922

Njon
04-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Call Sen. Bunning's office in Washington D.C. and politely ask him to step aside and make way for Dr. Rand Paul to be a new conservative voice in the Senate for the next generation. That is sort of an uncomfortable call to have with a staff member, so I suggest calling after hours and leaving a message. The number is at http://bunning.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Contact.OfficeLocations

JoshLowry
04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
lol I read the thread title as: Will Bunchies Please Just Go Already?

Must be my bed time...

Romantarchist
04-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Given what I've read about Bunning's approval rating, if Rand were to brawl with Bunning in a GOP Primary, Rand would almost certainly come out on top. If I were him, I'd declare entrance to the Senate race now.

Matt Collins
04-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Given what I've read about Bunning's approval rating, if Rand were to brawl with Bunning in a GOP Primary, Rand would almost certainly come out on top. If I were him, I'd declare entrance to the Senate race now.I don't think so and neither does Rand. Rand has very little name recognition in the State currently. That's why he's making all of these appearances. And Senator Bunning is very well liked by many in the State, even if the GOP leadership doesn't. Rand doesn't think he can win against him in a head to head primary, and neither do I. Rand has said he "will only run if Senator Bunning doesn't".

Aratus
04-17-2009, 09:55 AM
lol I read the thread title as:
Will Bunchies Please Just Go Already?

Must be my bed time...

:rolleyes: them there bunchies, yes...

my theory is that EACH senate race has its
unique rules! Rand Paul actually does have
the possibility of getting 52+ percent of the vote
in Kentucky!!! unlike baystater moi where the
Democrats outnumber Republicans 2 to 1 and
have been sending folks down to D.C accordingly!

i think that there is an overlap between the folks who
voted for Senator Bunning in the past, and people
who could vote for Rand Paul in the future...

the decision is Bunning's to make... carefully.
Bunning either runs or he doesn't. Rand Paul
has a bright future and a high probability of
being a good senator if he weighs his choises...

RonPaulFanInGA
04-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Bunning only raised 200,000-something dollars this past QUARTER. Rand Paul could crush him in donations.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-17-2009, 02:48 PM
How much you think Rand could raise? 4th of July Money Bomb?

Starting to strongly look like we'll never know. Bunning is determined to stick around and lose to a democrat in November 2010.

Matt Collins
04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Starting to strongly look like we'll never know. Bunning is determined to stick around and lose to a democrat in November 2010.I've heard rumors that but plans not to actually run. He is just saying that.... But if he does run I don't think he'll lose to a Democrat given today's current climate.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-17-2009, 03:28 PM
But if he does run I don't think he'll lose to a Democrat given today's current climate.

You would think that. Everyone just assumes there will be massive republican gains in 2010 because of history, but I'm not entirely certain that is the case. Especially if the economy improves.

Bunning's poll numbers are in the tank. His approval rating is low and he is losing in head-to-head match-up polls against every unknown potential democrat the pollsters ask about. Bunning also raised less money than his top democrat challenger this previous quarter.

I think Bunning is done.

Matt Collins
04-17-2009, 03:56 PM
You would think that. Everyone just assumes there will be massive republican gains in 2010 because of history, but I'm not entirely certain that is the case. Especially if the economy improves.

Bunning's poll numbers are in the tank. His approval rating is low and he is losing in head-to-head match-up polls against every unknown potential democrat the pollsters ask about. Bunning also raised less money than his top democrat challenger this previous quarter.

I think Bunning is done.Unless there is a massive campaign waged against him he'll probably still win in my opinion simply because of his name recognition. Incumbents have the advantage due to pork, PR, and name recognition.

Romantarchist
04-18-2009, 01:09 AM
I don't think so and neither does Rand. Rand has very little name recognition in the State currently. That's why he's making all of these appearances. And Senator Bunning is very well liked by many in the State, even if the GOP leadership doesn't. Rand doesn't think he can win against him in a head to head primary, and neither do I. Rand has said he "will only run if Senator Bunning doesn't".

That's a good point, I didn't consider low name recognition. I mean he has his father's name and he'll inevitably get a good grassroots campaign brewing in Kentucky, but will that really be enough? So the question is then, is anyone ELSE going to run a primary against Bunning?

Uriel999
04-18-2009, 02:15 AM
lol I read the thread title as: Will Bunchies Please Just Go Already?

Must be my bed time...

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/d/3/5d3e6e32ba092b853743665a68d9f79d.jpg