PDA

View Full Version : Good News

Bluedevil
09-18-2007, 01:59 PM
National Journal: David Finnigan writes: For $2K per ticket, LA donors were treated to dinner with Ron Paul at a spread overlooking L.A. The 9/12 catered affair was part of a two-day, mid-week CA swing in which Paul raised about $168K. That's not much for top-tier '08 candidates, but Paul raising $168K in 2 days this week was deemed impressive. Paul: "I've been really impressed with how well we've been doing -- I'm not supposed to say that!" (Hotline reporting, 9/17).
(Back to Contents)

JPFromTally
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Actually I've seen reports that his west coast swing netter $350k.

I'm going to predict that his 3Q numbers are going to come in at $7m-$8m putting him 4th among GOP.

Original_Intent
09-18-2007, 02:35 PM
As I have posted elsewhere, Lew Moore stated in SLC on Saturday, Sept 15 that they had raised $500,000 so far that week.

singapore_sling
09-18-2007, 04:04 PM
We're str8 rippin and our support and numbers will continue to grow. Damn I'm excited. My buddy whos also an RP supporter said his government teacher(im a senior in HS) started talking about RP. Im excited about how everything is going.

0zzy
09-18-2007, 04:30 PM
We're str8 rippin and our support and numbers will continue to grow. Damn I'm excited. My buddy whos also an RP supporter said his government teacher(im a senior in HS) started talking about RP. Im excited about how everything is going.

My government teacher says Ron Paul is too conservative and therefore scary. :)

inibo
09-18-2007, 05:10 PM

I think the operative phrase is "government teacher" whether the subject is "government" or not.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-18-2007, 05:32 PM

Well, I think your "government teacher" is a moron. NOW THAT'S SCARY! :)

davidhperry
09-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Let's be careful with the predictions. Even at $500K per week (which I doubt since they announced how good it was), it's going to take a lot of money to even break $5M.

Stealth4
09-18-2007, 05:41 PM

I wrote today to my gov't teacher from HS (8-9 years ago), I included a 2-page handwritten letter, 2 slim jims, a CD of Ron Paul's speech at SAIS "A traditional non-intervention foreign policy" and offer to provide info to his class if desired.

ghemminger
09-18-2007, 05:46 PM
Let's be careful with the predictions. Even at $500K per week (which I doubt since they announced how good it was), it's going to take a lot of money to even break $5M.

I agree - The $$$ Figure doesn't really matter - It is what that dollar figure buys us - 200-400 MSM Articles Daily = Millions of free Advertising = More RP Supporters = Better Polling #s--------and then cycle's back around again.....

might be dips depending how HQ handles the surge of support and managing of media coverage (positive vs. negative articles)