PDA

View Full Version : Picture of President Calvin Coolidge

Gaius1981
04-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Do any of you know of an online store where I can order an actual physical picture of President Calvin Coolidge, to hang on my wall?

Bill M DC
04-13-2009, 09:13 AM
Google Calvin Coolidge, find a pic the size and resolution that will work, save to a disk or jump drive then take it to Kinkos or Fed-Ex store, have it printed on photo paper, frame and hang.

That was easy! Oh that's Staples...it works hey.:D

coyote_sprit
04-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Or get some of that photo paper from a Walmart(or another store) and print one out assuming your printer is good enough. Then frame it and hang it.

Gaius1981
04-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Yes that's probably the best solution, thanks. I'll go with this one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/29_Calvin_Coolidge_3x4.jpg

LATruth
04-13-2009, 01:53 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/John_Calvin_Coolidge,_Bain_bw_photo_portrait.jpg

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Calvin_Coolidge,_bw_head_and_shoulders_photo_portr ait_seated,_1919.jpg

THESE ARE HUGE so I didn't post them on the board...

Gaius1981
04-13-2009, 02:03 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/48/John_Calvin_Coolidge,_Bain_bw_photo_portrait.jpg

or

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Calvin_Coolidge,_bw_head_and_shoulders_photo_portr ait_seated,_1919.jpg

THESE ARE HUGE so I didn't post them on the board...

Thanks for the 2nd one, it's good to have my favorite picture in greater resolution. :)

priest_of_syrinx
04-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Calvin Coolidge was awesome. I took a "Which president are you like?" quiz on Facebook and got Coolidge. I was so proud, I actually put it on my profile.

coyote_sprit
04-13-2009, 02:27 PM
You should take that test over again but change all your answers to authoritarian positions and see who you get.

Gaius1981
04-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Do you know of any website where I can find high resolution images of historical people, similar to the quality of the images LATruth provided me with? I'm particularly interested in high resolution images of Aristotle, Ayn Rand and Grover Cleveland.

Thanks.

P.S. An actual portrait of Calvin Coolidge is now hanging in a prominent position on my wall. :)

JoshLowry
04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Do you know of any website where I can find high resolution images of historical people, similar to the quality of the images LATruth provided me with? I'm particularly interested in high resolution images of Aristotle, Ayn Rand and Grover Cleveland.

Thanks.

P.S. An actual portrait of Calvin Coolidge is now hanging in a prominent position on my wall. :)

No cameras when Aristotle was around...

Gaius1981
04-16-2009, 05:39 PM

True, but there's still numerous illustrations of him, as you'll see by searching for his name on Google images. You probably knew that though, so in that case I'll just say this: nobody likes a smartass. ;)

Dripping Rain
04-16-2009, 05:49 PM

lol

Dripping Rain
04-16-2009, 05:50 PM
i used to have a video of coolidge honoring charles lindbergh. cant find it
if you write calvin coolidge on youtube you can also find videos for him

Objectivist
04-16-2009, 05:52 PM

Thanks.

Just go to Google Images and do a search.

Objectivist
04-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5puwTrLRhmw

What about Coolidge turns your crank?

Gaius1981
04-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Just go to Google Images and do a search.

I have. It's hard to come across images with around 1200x1500 pixels there.

What about Coolidge turns your crank?

Quite a lot. To mention a few things; He was quite possibly the most laissez-faire president, I identify with his type of personality (no doubt an INTJ), and I love his dry humor and introverted nature (he was known as "Silent Cal") -- the following event amused me:

Both his dry Yankee wit and his frugality with words became legendary. His wife, Grace Goodhue Coolidge, recounted that a young woman sitting next to Coolidge at a dinner party confided to him she had bet she could get at least three words of conversation from him. Without looking at her he quietly retorted, "You lose."

Many of the quotes that are attributed to him, might just as well have come from Atlas Shrugged:

"The man who builds a factory builds a temple, and the man who works there worships there, and to each is due, not scorn and blame, but reverence and praise."

"Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration has been minding my own business."

"To live under the American Constitution is the greatest political privilege that was ever accorded to the human race."

"All growth depends upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means work."

"There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no one independence quite so important, as living within your means."

"Industry, thrift and self-control are not sought because they create wealth, but because they create character."

"Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery."

"Ultimately property rights and personal rights are the same thing."

"Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong."

"Civilization and profit go hand in hand."

"The business of America is business."

Objectivist
04-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I have. It's hard to come across images with around 1200x1500 pixels there.

Quite a lot. To mention a few things; He was quite possibly the most laissez-faire president, I identify with his type of personality (no doubt an INTJ), and I love his dry humor and introverted nature (he was known as "Silent Cal") -- the following event amused me:

Many of the quotes that are attributed to him, might just as well have come from Atlas Shrugged:

Just wanted to see where you were at. The video is good too.