PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Rallies - Unifying or Divisive?

libertygrl
04-12-2009, 04:16 PM
You know, ever since Glen Beck completely hijacked the tea party rally idea from the Ron Paul Revolution, and started promoting his own "liberty" movement -9/12, I've been feeling really bugged about it. Don't get me wrong. On the one hand I am ecstatic to see people in greater numbers taking to the streets in protest. But on the other hand, my gut instincts are telling me something smells rotten.

Afterall, Beck was completely silent when the original rallies were going on during the presidential primary campaign. In fact all the major cable news networks were blacking it out, remember? And the fact that Beck was a total jerk to Ron Paul and his supporters, I find it awfully hard to believe there's no agenda behind FAUX News & Glen Beck.

Then I experienced an "Ah-Ha!" moment after channel surfing one night and caught Rachel Maddow mocking these "conservative tea party rallies." Conservative? I know Democrats who are upset with these bailouts as well. Could this be the answer? Is it the old divide and conquer strategy?

Let's review. What has changed since Ron Paul's historic run? A New President - and he's a Democrat. Beck left CNN and went over to FAUX News. When Bush was in power, we had FAUX news and Hannity basically pushing Bush's agenda. Yet on MSNBC, we had Keith Oberman exposing Bush's attacks on our liberties and the administration's failed policies. MSNBC= anti Bush / FAUX =Pro Bush

Yet despite all the obvious attacks on our freedoms, a large part of the Conservative majority were silent and remained ever loyal to the Republican party, despite the fact that the party no longer resembled the platform they had once stood for. Under Bush, the government got bigger and bigger and most Republican politicians all voted for the first bailout of Wall Street.

Now we have the reverse - Rachel Maddow and MSNBC gloating over the Democratic takeover of the Whitehouse. Their prince Obama reigns supreme and can do no wrong. She has also been having alot of fun lately mocking the tea party rallies calling the people "tea baggers." Afterall, they're all conservatives and they are protesting Obama's economic policies. Will Democratic viewers see these tea party rallies as an "us vs. them issue?" MSNBC = Pro Obama / FAUX = Anti Obama

While over at FAUX News...why, they've suddenly discovered the importance of the Constitution, Liberty and the American Revolution! (Especially now that that the Dems are in control.) Hey, that Ron Paul movement really took off more than we had anticipated. It's was kind of frightening to see people from all political backgrounds and ethnicities coming together like that. Conservatives marching with Liberals and anarchists? We can't have that. They're all starting to unite as Americans!

So with the economic crisis and the bailouts that both parties had their hands in, we have some of those stubborn GOP Party loyalist Faux viewers, (who were also apparently stricken with amnesia about the Bush presidency), who see the tea parties as an opportunity to voice their displeasure with Obama and the Liberals. (These are what you would call fair weather Republicans) Of course the other side has fair weather Democrats as well.

It seems very obvious to me now that there is indeed an agenda and it's that very evil false left/right paradigm. Playing Americans off one another. Apparently these tea parties are a "conservative" thing. FAUX is for it and MSNBC is against it. BINGO! It just HAS to be the reason. Divide and Conquer - what do you think?

The Ron Paul Revolution was very dangerous because it united EVERYONE. We obviously realized that we had some differences, but the one thing we could all agree on and rally around was the CONSTITUTION.

So, it really pains me to see how these tea parties have become a Republican Conservative protest! And then there are those rumors swirling around the internet about an A.C.O.R.N infiltration. Is that even true anymore? Or is it just to keep us divided so that the both parties play us off on one another. If we could only get more people to see this! More than anything else, I feel if we could just break through this barrier - there will be no stopping us.

Don't Tread on Mike
04-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Screw the media, hopefully when these people get to the tea parties they understand the real message and spread the word.

Uriel999
04-13-2009, 12:06 AM
Go and pass out C4L literature. If I have the time (I have 2 papers due thursday) I will be there doing it.

Conza88
04-13-2009, 02:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U

JdotRdot
04-13-2009, 03:15 AM
i don't remember who said it, or the quote in its exactitude, but it went to the effect of:
left, right, republican or democrat. it doesn't matter cause it's just two groups fighting to see which gets the top managing position, but the outcome will be the same

bunklocoempire
04-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Dividing as all get out in many ways, and easy to see HOW the dividing is done. Who from what, and who, and so on.

Playing the "predict the media" (and government) gets easier and easier.

Thanks for posting, glad someone else is onto poor-androgynous-ignorant by choice Rachel.

I LOATHE being lumped in with a typical McCain voting “conservative”.

(starting at 2:15 –then, in a bit, Ron Paul support gets specifically mentioned, how predictable)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7pXt72jctQ&feature=related

It will really be interesting WHEN there is a violent act and BECK ties in Ron Paul support (real or fabricated) in one of Beck’s “I told you they were dangerous” moment. Count on it.

Like we’d ever catch a break anyways! HA! Screw all the predictable entertainers.

Now where are my flyers…

Bunkloco

georgiaboy
04-13-2009, 05:54 AM
yeah, the latest round of tea parties are being promoted as 'conservative' codeword Republican. I agree with the OP, these should be non-partisan American rallies.

silverhawks
04-13-2009, 06:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U

That says it all. Thanks, Conza.

silverhawks
04-13-2009, 06:29 AM
yeah, the latest round of tea parties are being promoted as 'conservative' codeword Republican. I agree with the OP, these should be non-partisan American rallies.

Agreed. Freedom and liberty should not be tied to any party.

The way its being marketed is "for" conservatives, and "against" liberals - just another part of the "culture war".

Neo-con isn't even truly conservative - big government, interventionary wars, massive government spending and programs. Just the same political philosophy that Obama and the Clintons are subscribed to: the "third way".

heavenlyboy34
04-13-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm not surprised that the neocons are trying to steal the tea party idea to advance their dialectical "philosophy". Like every other stunt like this they try to pull, it will inevitably fail. The very concept of the tea party is antithetical to their worldview! They will use rhetoric to prop it up as long as they can, of course, but since they have no sense of ethics and don't value individual liberty, it will eventually become an obvious stunt, and people will get bored with it. Then, liberty lovers will take back the idea that is rightfully thiers! muah hahaaa!!! :D