PDA

View Full Version : How They Manipulate Us!

InterestedParticipant
04-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Mind-changing tactics (http://www.crossroad.to/charts/brainwashing.html)

Produce mental and moral confusion through contemporary books and stories (Cognitive dissonance)

Insist on open-mindedness toward unbiblical views and suggestions

Use feel-good affirmations to create a "safe place" for sharing personal thoughts and values

Require open-mindedness, respect, "tolerance" and approval of new beliefs and values

Through each group dialogue, guide each member toward a new consensus

Undermine traditional authorities (parents, church, Bible, God...) as old-fashioned, obsolete, divisive or intolerant.

Prompt everyone to freely share feelings, thoughts, complaints, resentments (especially toward traditional parents), etc.

Stir subtle hostility (ridicule, rejection) toward dissenters

Humiliate resistors or non-conformists

Commit yourself to the group and its changing consensus

nayjevin
04-12-2009, 09:56 AM
that page is a mind changing tactic.

BE CAREFUL OF TERRORISTS WHO:

* suggest that things might be 'good' or 'bad'
* encourage 'thinking' and 'acting on beliefs'
* ask that you 'remain positive' and 'look at the bright side'
* let you 'speak your mind' or 'open up'
/sarc
-------------

the key is the page's suggestion to 'Surrender to God'

like some eastern religions, the focus is on forgetting the individual in favor of the ideal of the minister. no good!

zach
04-12-2009, 10:48 AM
I get weary when I listen to some speakers who talk about the next few years, and they say, "Don't worry, everything will be fine."

It doesn't seem right to just be carefree despite what's happening.

InterestedParticipant
04-12-2009, 11:43 AM
that page is a mind changing tactic.
The primary objective of the OP was to identify mind-changing tactics. How one resists these tactics is up to each individual to decide.

nayjevin
04-14-2009, 12:44 AM
The primary objective of the OP was to identify mind-changing tactics. How one resists these tactics is up to each individual to decide.

I didn't assume you believed everything on the page you posted - sorry if I made it seem I was discrediting you, whereas I was discrediting much of the information on the page itself.

I try not to 'throw the baby out with the bathwater,' as there is some truth mixed with the fallacies of that link, but in religious matters, those are the most dangerous sources, IMO