PDA

View Full Version : What gives police the right to deface my car's tires with chalk?

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-11-2009, 04:05 AM
???

ryanduff
04-11-2009, 06:38 AM
???

Kraig
04-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Their guns and their numbers.

Original_Intent
04-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Give me a break.

Danke
04-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Your eraser.

JoshLowry
04-11-2009, 07:55 AM
Give me a break.

+1

You know how many Ron Paul supporters chalked college campuses in 2007?

evilfunnystuff
04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
hes talkin about a trick cops use

they sit outside of bars and after a certain period of time passes from the time someone enters the bar they mark their tire with chalk

then theres an offcer down the road who proceds to pull over every car that has chlk on the tires with no probable cause

imo its a sickening and unconstitutional practice

Perry
04-11-2009, 09:42 AM
hes talkin about a trick cops use

they sit outside of bars and after a certain period of time passes from the time someone enters the bar they mark their tire with chalk

then theres an offcer down the road who proceds to pull over every car that has chlk on the tires with no probable cause

imo its a sickening and unconstitutional practice

Actually it's a pretty good idea especially sicne so many people drink and drive. Show me where in the constitution it says you can't do this.

Danke
04-11-2009, 09:48 AM
Show me where in the constitution it says you can't do this.

Article 13 Section 7 Paragraph 3b

evilfunnystuff
04-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Actually it's a pretty good idea especially sicne so many people drink and drive. Show me where in the constitution it says you can't do this.

you may not agree but i would say here

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

imo they are searching you and your car to try to catch someone who may or may not have imbibed alchohol driving drunkwith no probable cause

they have no probable cause and no proof you commited a crime or broken any law or created any safety hazard or that you drank more than the legal limit or any at all only that you went to a bar

why not watch for people swervin down the road or driving unsafely

krazy kaju
04-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Article 13 Section 7 Paragraph 3b

pwned

JoshLowry
04-11-2009, 10:24 AM
you may not agree but i would say here

imo they are searching your car to try to catch someone who may or may not have imbibed alchohol

they have no probable cause and no proof you commited a crime or broken any law or created any safety hazard or that you drank more than the legal limit or any at all only that you went to a bar

why not watch for people swervin down the road or driving unsafely

Yea, I'd have to agree with this. Simply being in a bar doesn't make you guilty.

I didn't know what cops putting chalk on tire was about when I posted earlier.

evilfunnystuff
04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
Yea, I'd have to agree with this. Simply being in a bar doesn't make you guilty.

I didn't know what cops putting chalk on tire was about when I posted earlier.

i problay wouldnt have known either if my mom wasnt a bartender

Bruno
04-11-2009, 10:29 AM
I've only heard it done when you park your vehicle on the street for more than 24 hours to see if it has been moved. I wasn't aware of the practice of chalking cars outside of bars

Golding
04-11-2009, 10:33 AM
Keep a bottle of Windex in your car next time you go out drinking. :]

I figured he was referring to the chalk they put on your car to time how long you've been parked in a certain area. Guess I just don't go out drinking enough...

RevolutionSD
04-11-2009, 10:33 AM
???

I've actually often wondered this. If you're sitting in your car and somebody comes up and chalks your tire, this is a violation of your property. These parking nazi's should always be confronted.

RevolutionSD
04-11-2009, 10:35 AM

You need to watch and understand the Philosophy of Liberty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muHg86Mys7I

evilfunnystuff
04-11-2009, 10:36 AM
i had never heard of it being used for parking reasons

Original_Intent
04-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Yes, my give me a break comment was due to it is used here by "meter maids" to determine if cars are parked in a certain area too long. We don't use parking meters but it is usually posted 60 minute or 2 hour parking. So they chalk mark the TREAD of the tire (which is gone as soon as you drive a block) then they come back an hour or two later and any cars parked with chalk have been there too long and are ticketed.

I had never heard of it being used to pull over potential DUI by marking them at bars.

Danke
04-11-2009, 10:54 AM
i had never heard of it being used for parking reasons

They have been doing it for a long time.

http://www.tennesseelawman.com/images/web-pat-JPD-Buford%20McKenzie-1941.jpg

http://images.townnews.com/nctimes.com/content/articles/2007/12/18/news/inland/2_00_9812_17_07.jpg

JoshLowry
04-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Show me where in the constitution it says you can't do this.Article 13 Section 7 Paragraph 3bpwned

There is no article 13 of the constitution...

Danke
04-11-2009, 08:16 PM

Do you have the latest edition?

satchelmcqueen
04-12-2009, 07:14 PM
i think ild drive down to their station and ask them to clean my tires. if they dont ild threaten legal action for defacing of my property. i keep my jeep spotless. they have no right to put a mark on my property.

or if they refuse to wash the tire, then just go get some chalk and mark their tires.

Standing Like A Rock
04-12-2009, 07:46 PM
i think ild drive down to their station and ask them to clean my tires. if they dont ild threaten legal action for defacing of my property. i keep my jeep spotless. they have no right to put a mark on my property.

or if they refuse to wash the tire, then just go get some chalk and mark their tires.

good idea

axiomata
04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
This thread is the #1 google result for the query 'Article 13 Section 7 Paragraph 3b'

Theocrat
04-12-2009, 08:01 PM
???

It's just chalk. God will deface it when He sends the rain upon your car, after all. :D