PDA

View Full Version : John Stossell missing tonight on 20/20 about guns?!?!...

Chieftain1776
04-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Dianne Sawyer is hosting....I doubt this will be friendly to the pro gun side. Looks like the MSM is flexing their muscle...

UPDATE: Predictable hit job: ie Guns are too easy to get....Guns are self automated human seeking robots, etc. THE MOST EGREGIOUS THING: The person most recognized with 20/20 --JOHN STOSSEL-- NOT BEING THERE TO DEBATE THE ISSUE!!!

I sent the following email to the show and encourage others to read the stories and send your thoughts. Regardless of the (de)merits of the show itself not having noted libertarian John Stossel AND REGULAR CO-HOST there to balance the issue is prima facie evidence that ABC didn't want his point of view aired.

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20 (500 character limit)

I find it remarkable that the most recognizable name with 20/20- John Stossel- was not a part of the program on such a controversial issue.

While I can contact scholars in an attempt to provide the studies Ms. Sawyers is unwilling or unable to find...Mr. Stossel has the expertise and integrity to inform the viewers of a balanced view. Most importantly he has credibility with those of us who prefer to retain our liberty vs those on ABC that advocate restraining it, without fail, on EVERY issue.

Chieftain1776
04-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Oh and they already linked it to the "events of the past two weeks"

unconsious767
04-10-2009, 07:45 PM
This is sooo fricken stupid. The situations presented are completely biased: for example, the defending student with a gun takes cover as he should. But with 50 fleeing students, the fake gunman zeroes in on the one guy with the gun, the one guy who isn't moving, the one guy hidden from view. What a bunch of crap.

I'm screaming at the tv. :eek:

Chieftain1776
04-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Man I bet John Stossel is fuming right now....I love how at the beginning they're like "this isn't about the right to own a gun" and then show these tragic cases. It's like saying we're not debating the right to not breastfeed but then profile rare cases of infant death syndrome (http://www.dherbs.com/articles/baby-formula-13.html). And I just came up with that in 5 minutes.

As much as I'm beginning to dislike Glenn Beck he balances this wingnuttery. Except ABC has 7 million viewers whereas Beck I believe has like 2.3 million.

ChaosControl
04-10-2009, 08:07 PM
The world would be a better place if people didn't have TVs.

Chieftain1776
04-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Ugh... "We don't want to debate the right to own guns but now we're going to portray buying guns in a sinister manner". Fox needs an investigative journalist unit. They should do an expose on abortion clinics every month.

Master
04-10-2009, 08:13 PM
The world would be a better place if people didn't have TVs.

And guns. ;)

Michael Landon
04-10-2009, 08:17 PM
This show is going to be the match that lights the fuse to get rid of our 2nd amendment rights.

Fuck 20/20.

Goodbye freedoms.

- ML

JoshLowry
04-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Kludge murdered John Stossel

sluggo
04-10-2009, 08:21 PM
deleted

Chieftain1776
04-10-2009, 08:22 PM

It was probably a case of one of those sick obsessive fan murders like in The Bodyguard and American Idol. Damn you Kludge!!

Chieftain1776
04-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Unleash the hounds, fellas......

http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3052660

Here's the contact for 20/20 specifically: http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346&cat=20/20 (500 word limit)

Here's my note:

I find it remarkable that the most recognizable name with 20/20- John Stossel- was not a part of the program on such a controversial issue.

While I can contact scholars in an attempt to provide the studies Ms. Sawyers is unwilling or unable to find...Mr. Stossel has the expertise and integrity to inform the viewers of a balanced view. Most importantly he has credibility with those of us who prefer to retain our liberty vs those on ABC that advocate restraining it, without fail, on EVERY issue.

Zera
04-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Ugh... "We don't want to debate the right to own guns but now we're going to portray buying guns in a sinister manner". Fox needs an investigative journalist unit. They should do an expose on abortion clinics every month.

Why should they go after abortion clinics?

Michael Landon
04-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I think we all need to send them some e-mails showing our displeasure and also showing some examples of times that an armed citizen saved some lives.

If you do a search on www.nraila.org under the "armed citizen" section you can find stories from your state that you can reference. I plan on hitting them with a bunch from Minnesota.

- ML

Chieftain1776
04-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Why should they go after abortion clinics?

Well even though I'm not stridently pro-life (I think states should determine it) I've read that Planned Parenthood would cover up statutory rapes even when the person pushing for the abortion was the older boyfriend. I don't know if that's the case with individual clinics or just PP offices. It certainly has merit when it compared to what I consider innocent lives being taken in a premeditated manner vs accidental child deaths involving a gun.

Even if you're pro-choice then covering up of statutory rape is still troubling and probably something 20/20 will never investigate b/c abortion is an ideological belief of the producers (and probably Stossel himself).

sparebulb
04-10-2009, 09:47 PM

I thought that it was Freddie Mercury that Kludge has a boner for.

Dave39168
04-10-2009, 11:13 PM
This whole show pissed me off. Its a play on people's emotions to get them to think a certain way rather than a presentation of objective facts. Its not news its reality news. Put it on VH1 next to "Rock of Love" and "Tila Tequila"

"an 8 yr old shot and killed himself with an uzi at a shooting range"

What fool let an 8 yr old shoot a fully automatic pistol that they are not big enough or strong enough to control?

How about? "Irresponsible parent commits negligent homicide!"

Time for Change
04-10-2009, 11:22 PM
might as well face it...
all the sheepish people that think 20/20 is all knowing and trustworthy to form and manipulate their opinion will take this as the truth and invariably agree...because 20/20 talking heads say so.
Sad, but that's the way it is.

NOW what do we do to counteract this?

Let glenn beck rant about it in a 5pm timeslot where MOST people are busy commuting from work or preparing dinner
or
we actively work at the community level to wake people up?
Your choice...I'll take the latter.

If beck can counteract somewhat...
it'll be most effective on the radio show, then followed up by rush and every other show on the radio.
Bigger base IMO
The TV can help, but beck's slot is not quite prime time