PDA

View Full Version : GOP has been dead since 1933

AuH20
04-10-2009, 10:41 AM
This may be the finest article I've read in quite some time!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-04-10/gop-rip/full/

Aratus
04-10-2009, 11:11 AM
AuH2O --- most succinctly put, we are still hashing over the lessons of 1933...
the essayist is correct about the "golden age" of Republicanism from 1855 to 1933

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Where's Silent Cal when we need him?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=130543

heavenlyboy34
04-10-2009, 11:37 AM
lol!! Brilliant article, IMHO. :D

Theocrat
04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Congressman Paul has been trying to breathe life into the GOP since 1976. If not even our good doctor can bring life into the Republican Party, then I say it's time to buy a tombstone, let the inscription read "Death By Suicide," and move on to other young parties which are growing to maturity, like the Constitution Party.

heavenlyboy34
04-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Congressman Paul has been trying to breathe life into the GOP since 1976. If not even our good doctor can bring life into the Republican Party, then I say it's time to buy a tombstone, let the inscription read "Death By Suicide," and move on to other young parties which are growing to maturity, like the Constitution Party.

Or, become individualists who are intelligent and sophisticated enough to simply outgrow the need for collectivist parties and shepherds. :cool::D:)

Theocrat
04-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Or, become individualists who are intelligent and sophisticated enough to simply outgrow the need for collectivist parties and shepherds. :cool::D:)

The idea that we ought to "become individualists who are intelligent and sophisticated enough to simply outgrow the need for collectivist parties and shepherds" sounds pretty collectivist, to me. ;)

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 11:47 AM

Eight million Republicans secured McCain the nomination while eleven million split their votes between more conservative candidates. The problem with this plan is, people will all the time be getting candidates to run on platforms similar to those of their opponents in order to split the opposition vote.

If we could only find a way around this, I would say hooray for the death of the apparatchik and the smoke filled room!!! But I don't yet see a way to avoid this trap... :(

Of course, as my illustration proves, we can't avoid this trap even with parties. So, maybe we are as ready as we'll ever be.

heavenlyboy34
04-10-2009, 11:50 AM
The idea that we ought to "become individualists who are intelligent and sophisticated enough to simply outgrow the need for collectivist parties and shepherds" sounds pretty collectivist, to me. ;)

How so? Have you chosen to redefine the word to attempt to sound clever? :confused:

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 11:52 AM
How so? Have you chosen to redefine the word to attempt to sound clever? :confused:

Yes, he's being clever, but no he's not redefining anything to do it. The idea of all Americans simultaneously outgrowing this or that in the same year is pretty collectivist in a way--and more than a little far-fetched (unless they're all collectively thrown into the water and so forced to learn to swim).

Theocrat
04-10-2009, 11:55 AM

I've redefined it no more than you have in your attempt to derail any suggestion of supporting political parties which enforce the principles of our republic. If you want to use words out of their defined contexts, then I shall meet you on those grounds.

Dorfsmith
04-10-2009, 11:58 AM
I listen to John Batchelor every Sunday night on KFI. He has an interesting show.

klamath
04-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I was hoping for a good article but was badly disapointed. So who were the good Republicans before 1933? Hoover sure wasn't. Coolege was pretty good, TR was one of the worse jerks around and if this guy is proud of Sherman he is a sad piece of shit.

heavenlyboy34
04-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I've redefined it no more than you have in your attempt to derail any suggestion of supporting political parties which enforce the principles of our republic. If you want to use words out of their defined contexts, then I shall meet you on those grounds.

Fabricating false facts to further your argument isn't meeting me on any grounds. It is bringing the discussion further down. :( I've made editorial comments of course, but I try to make that obvious enough for any reasonably intelligent person. :)

HOLLYWOOD
04-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Micheal Steele wanted to Tailgate of the Tea Party Revolution/Demonstration in Chicago next week. How frigin Cheesy, that these RNC NEOCONs sit in their power thrones and then try to use the people for their agenda.

The founders said NO.

BTW: lets look at these so-called new republicans and their false push of smaller government/end graft, collusion, corruption, racketeering, and waste, with sound money bite:

LOOK AT THIS Republican GARBAGE of accepting donations in the month of February 2009 alone!

Congressman and Minority leader John Boehner BANKSTER/BAILOUT campaign donations in FEB 2009 alone
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/DSC01133.jpg

Congressman and Minority Whip Eric Cantor Corporate BAILOUT campaign donations in FEB 2009
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/DSC01137.jpg

Republican National Party (RNC) and National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) Bankster donations FEB 2009
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/DSC01143-1.jpg