PDA

View Full Version : RON PAUL wins NPR Poll!

wgadget
04-10-2009, 06:34 AM
http://www.npr.org/blogs/politicaljunkie/2009/04/ron_paul_tops_jim_demint_wins.html

sratiug
04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
We, are the champions, my friends...

SWATH
04-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Does this mean he is going to be our president now? Fingers crossed.

hugolp
04-10-2009, 08:04 AM
Does this mean he is going to be our president now? Fingers crossed.

Yes. Next week Obama is going out, and Ron Paul is going in. The press will announce it shortly.

SWATH
04-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Yes. Next week Obama is going out, and Ron Paul is going in. The press will announce it shortly.

We have to wait until next week? That sucks, but this is a pleasant surprise, I'm glad I got to vote for him rather than that creme de mint grasshopper.

BTW, why is there two threads on this started by the same person, did Paul win yet another election? Will this make him the first double elected president. If so I will be the first to say that out of all the presidents we've ever had, Ron Paul is the most current and also the most....recent.

Feenix566
04-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Yes, and every vote in the poll was definitely legit. Every last one.

<rolleyes>

hugolp
04-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Yes, and every vote in the poll was definitely legit. Every last one.

<rolleyes>

Yes, there were some Rommey fanboys that tried to cheat, but they got discovered and it got solved.

Feenix566
04-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Yes, there were some Rommey fanboys that tried to cheat, but they got discovered and it got solved.

If you think Romney's fans were the only ones doing it, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

Rigging an online poll and then celebrating that you won is kinda like masturbating and then bragging that you banged a hot chick.

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 08:47 AM
If you think Romney's fans were the only ones doing it, I've got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

Rigging an online poll and then celebrating that you won is kinda like masturbating and then bragging that you banged a hot chick.

He did say the problem got solved, didn't he? And what is bragging about not letting the powers that be walk all over us with football shoes like? Let's hear your analogy for that...

I'll see you and raise you: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ronpaulhawaii
04-10-2009, 08:59 AM

Using the rhetorical term, "rigging" is unfounded in logic. The term implies a pre-determined outcome and ignores reality.

I think the poll ended up as quite the win for us. The comment blog had some great rebuttals to BS and I'm sure we won the hearts of those watching, (I saw more than a few liberals who voiced support for Paul) It was great when RW had to finally stop trying to pin us with changing the game and admit that the MittBots were at the heart of the ensuing battles

We, also, put those watching on notice that we consider winning more important than avoiding spurious attacks on our character. I repeat, "spurious"

We have the screenshots, we have the graphs, and we have the concession speech by the Romney guy... haha The record is clear.

By "winning" the poll, we dominated the discussion for the longest period of time, encouraged many who could always use a boost, and had some fun

Good job, imo

Reason
04-10-2009, 09:20 AM
All the people that used scripts to cheat on that poll should be banned imo.

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 09:26 AM
All the people that used scripts to cheat on that poll should be banned imo.

It's the job of the mods of this forum to police another forum where there was no attempt nor apparent desire to keep things honest--a forum which attempts to appear liberal but changed the format in the middle of the run in an apparent attempt to give the advantage to cheating Romney neocons?

And how would we prove anything against anyone?

Look, I'm all for ethics, but there's no way we'll improve the ethics of the system if we refuse to do what it takes to get in a position to do so, which in turn requires playing by the rules as they are, not as we wish they were. And an NPR poll is absolutely not an actual election to boot.

Banning? That's over the top. What part of what the botmasters did was unethical? What harm did they do our cause? These aren't just rhetorical questions--I'd really like to know what the thinking is here. I'm lost. We beat the neocons at their own games or we let them label us as ineffectual losers--a death sentence among the G.O.P. faithful. Easy choice in my book.

devil21
04-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Im surprised at the final result. How did Demint get within even spitting distance of RP in the last round? Last I saw it was 97-3 for RP. Looks like all the voters that we smashed in the previous rounds ganged up to try to give Demint the win. NO WIN FOR YOU!

dannno
04-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Wow, couple people in this thread remind me of drug warriors. Fairly authoritarian and they just don't seem to comprehend the reality of the situation very well.