PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party Strategies, Beat Them at Their Own Games

Shiekyerbooty
04-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Hello Everyone,
I think we can all agree that these Tea Parties are going to be a great opportunity to hand out literature and CD's. We can probably also agree that one of the most effective strategies used against us is "divide and conquer ". With this in mind, and knowing that the fake conservative media is trying to hijack the events, I think it might be a good idea to start a thread to discuss what can make us most effective at spreading the message of Liberty and The Constitution.
Personally, eventhough I have many cool T's, I don't feel it would help our cause to wear bells and whistles, 9/11 Truth shirts , or even Ron Paul attire. I think this would cause an immediate reaction of defensiveness to people who are only familiar with what the MSM tells them. I think we would be more effective if we dressed nice and like any average American, this way the sheeple will more readily identify with us.
That's just my two zinc cents, do ya'll have some good ideas ?

gls
04-09-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm just going to wear my normal work attire, and hand out the "Sound Money & Economic Freedom" slim jims I bought off of the C4L website. Hopefully it does some good.

Dripping Rain
04-09-2009, 10:37 PM
good ideas. i agree. especially taking a bull horn andd screaming 911 was an inside job would be suicide lol

mstrmac1
04-09-2009, 10:40 PM
No 9/11 shit .... Please!!

ghengis86
04-09-2009, 11:10 PM
here's my plan: i'm not going to any tea parties. on april 15th, i'll be on a pedestrian brigde over an interstate highway leading into Chicago, with a large "End The Fed" banner (or maybe "Buck Fush, Buck Farack, Buck the IRS/FED/State")

Athan
04-09-2009, 11:24 PM
No truther stuff. Truthers have the burden of proving the government did it.
Don't get bogged down on that.

Bullhorns and show that this isn't some gop game.

Shiekyerbooty
04-10-2009, 08:29 AM
Lmao @ Dripping Rain

That's what I'm getting at I guess, at many gatherings I have seen on YouTube and Media, Often there is a group of Well Meaning Truthers that is in a group of their own shouting into their bullhorns and chanting and carrying on. While they have good intentions and the fellowship is genuine, I think this only helps to divide and conquer. Instead of setting ourselves apart, we need to mingle and be a " part of " in order to most effectively reach others.

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Signs for starters. Equate the current regime with the discredited neocons. Be equal opportunity protestors. "What do you want from me, I'm slamming the Democrats aren't I?"

Geithner = Paulson

Obama breaks promises like Dubya

Theft Is A Bipartisan Effort

Conservative CAN lick liberals without joining them!

pcosmar
04-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Theft Is A Bipartisan Effort

Oh.
I like that.

Shiekyerbooty
04-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Lmao, I agree with pcosmar... " Theft is a Bipartisan Effort "..........That's gonna make a great sign !

evilfunnystuff
04-10-2009, 09:02 AM
ya know people who say stuff like "no truther shit" only cause it to happen more as it is divisive and antagonistic

you would be much more effective by trying to come up with the best issues to address and why they are the most important ones to talk about

anyone who mentions truthers will only make them fight harder so if you really think we would be better off focusing on other issues then stop even mentioning them or the issue

sincerely 9/11 truther

ps mihop

reduen
04-10-2009, 09:09 AM
No 9/11 crap or bickering with any of the other groups that are protesting with us...

We all want to get our government back into check so argruing about this and that will do no good at all.

For instance, I do not agree that The Fair Tax is the best solution but I do believe that it is better than what we have now, so it does me no good to argrue the point with those who support it currently... :)

evilfunnystuff
04-10-2009, 09:11 AM
No 9/11 crap or bickering

so no bickering unless its with a truther? :confused::rolleyes:

Bill M DC
04-10-2009, 09:13 AM
here's my plan: i'm not going to any tea parties. on april 15th, i'll be on a pedestrian brigde over an interstate highway leading into Chicago, with a large "End The Fed" banner (or maybe "Buck Fush, Buck Farack, Buck the IRS/FED/State")

I got left on one of those over the highway pit stops with a McDonalds while on the way back from the DNC, RNC and Liberty Rally to visit Thomas Young, of "Body of War" fame, who was in hospital in Chicago.

We, the IVAW DC Convention Road Trippers, had been on the road for about three weeks. None of us were feeling very well. I was crashed out on top of our merchandise in the back of the van, Nick Morgan on the front seat and Geoff Millard was driving. When we stopped, Geoff ran inside, did his business and paid for the gas while I was getting my shoes on. Geoff not realizing that I had gone inside to use the facilities put the gas cap on and drove away.

About 5 miles down the road his phone rings and he asks Nick why Bill is calling him from the back of the van.

Nick replies, "Bill is not calling from the back of the van."

Go ahead and laugh at me...it's funny.

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 09:14 AM
One day--soon--we may very well be very, very proud to be associated with 'truthers'. I admit that day hasn't quite come yet. But this latest bit of uncovered evidence could well make that difference.

Be that as it may, I still say the thing to do is to protest the neocons just as hard as we protest the Dems.

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
sigh. April 15th - Tax Day. Raise awareness of issues related to taxation. Do folks really need to be reminded that anything else would be just plain silly?

Yes, they do. Because there are some who use any venue to promote their pet issues. And there are others that would seek to discredit true activism by associating those individuals to others that appear 'whacko' to the mainstream.

for those of you who were around for the RP08 campaign, it was well established within this community that issues that appear 'fringe' to mainstream are least effective in gaining ground with mainstream. It has nothing to do with opinion. It has all to do with marketing a message that can be accepted.

torchbearer
04-10-2009, 09:19 AM
I'm bringing a sign that reads "the only fair tax is no tax" I will be standing by anyone who brings fair tax signs.

Shiekyerbooty
04-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Evil funny stuff, I too am a 9/11 truther, I don't say these things to degrade us. I say these things to try and make us more effective and it is precisely the quote on your signature that makes me feel a different strategy is needed....

"Originally Posted by Bill Drake
Successfully indoctrinated sleepers will rush to defend the illusions which ensnare them, swarming over any intruder or deviant who questions their reality, or who otherwise raises whatever dread spectre has been placed at the gates to freedom to turn back sleepers seeking to escape the doctrine. "

Drake is describing denial associated with cognitive dissonance. It is an emotional reflex suffered by those confronted with disheartening contradicting information. If we know this....we can deflect their natural defensiveness.......That's all I'm saying, I'm not trying to put anyone down

Personally, other than trying to blend in, I'm going to focus on 3 things the avergae american can understand and be interested in ,especially w/ the economy like it is..

1) sound money and the federal reserve act of 1913
2) fractional reserve banking
3) how far we've strayed from the Constitution

If people are interested or wish to chime in...then I can take them a little further down the rabbit hole :)

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 09:22 AM
I'm bringing a sign that reads "the only fair tax is no tax" I will be standing by anyone who brings fair tax signs.

now you're talkin!

torchbearer
04-10-2009, 09:25 AM
now you're talkin!

ItsTime gave me the idea. I think its perfect.

evilfunnystuff
04-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Evil funny stuff, I too am a 9/11 truther, I don't say these things to degrade us. I say these things to try and make us more effective and it is precisely the quote on your signature that makes me feel a different strategy is needed....

"Originally Posted by Bill Drake
Successfully indoctrinated sleepers will rush to defend the illusions which ensnare them, swarming over any intruder or deviant who questions their reality, or who otherwise raises whatever dread spectre has been placed at the gates to freedom to turn back sleepers seeking to escape the doctrine. "

Drake is describing denial associated with cognitive dissonance. It is an emotional reflex suffered by those confronted with disheartening contradicting information. If we know this....we can deflect their natural defensiveness.......That's all I'm saying, I'm not trying to put anyone down

Personally, other than trying to blend in, I'm going to focus on 3 things the avergae american can understand and be interested in ,especially w/ the economy like it is..

1) sound money and the federal reserve act of 1913
2) fractional reserve banking
3) how far we've strayed from the Constitution

If people are interested or wish to chime in...then I can take them a little further down the rabbit hole :)

no i agree with you and wasnt really refering to you so much as other posts in this thread you didnt seem to be putting others down as much as putting other ideas up

ya i really dig that quote

reduen
04-10-2009, 09:34 AM
so no bickering unless its with a truther? :confused::rolleyes:

Nope, I did not say that... I say no bickering with anyone...

To me a typical "9/11 truther" is one of the biggest example of a coward that there is. None of them even claim to be pacifists and yet they do absolutley nothing about what they believe (other than talk/yell that is..). Yet I will not bicker with any of them if they are present. (Just like I will not bicker with you over it..)

We are change might be an exception to this rule. :)

reduen
04-10-2009, 09:35 AM
ItsTime gave me the idea. I think its perfect.

I like the idea and may also do the same..

JoshLowry
04-10-2009, 09:52 AM

"No such thing as fair slavery!"

JoshLowry
04-10-2009, 09:53 AM
You can convert these crowds.

Take flyers and pass them out. Tell them to support HR 1207.

If your congressman is there to try and take advantage of this situation and does not support aka a co-sponsor of HR 1207 (you should know already) then wave a sign that says "Congressman X will not support/cosponsor HR 1207."

Give people who talk to you a flyer with info on this bill. Add a link to the CFL or even Liberty Forest if you like!

cheapseats
04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
l

FLOOD THEM WITH LEGAL

reduen
04-10-2009, 09:58 AM
You can convert these crowds.

Take flyers and pass them out. Tell them to support HR 1207.

If your congressman is there to try and take advantage of this situation and does not support aka a co-sponsor of HR 1207 (you should know already) then wave a sign that says "Congressman X will not support/cosponsor HR 1207."

Give people who talk to you a flyer with info on this bill. Add a link to the CFL or even Liberty Forest if you like!

Sage advice...

cheapseats
04-10-2009, 10:00 AM
l

DISCRIMINATION SUITS GALORE

cheapseats
04-10-2009, 10:03 AM
l

WILL LOOSE LEAF TEA UPSET USPS?
INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW

Shiekyerbooty
04-10-2009, 11:56 AM
I can dig that.

IPSecure
04-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Governor Rick Perry will headline the “Don’t Mess With Texas” Tea Party in Austin on April 15th. The event will be held at Austin City Hall at 11:30am. Other featured guests include RPT Chairman Tina Benkiser, Railroad Commissioner Michael Williams, State Rep. Wayne Christian, TFR's Michael Sullivan, Americans for Prosperity's Peggy Venable, and many others!

Glenn Beck will be at the San Antonio Tax Day Tea Party in front of the Alamo on April 15. He will be airing his television show from 4-5pm, and Joe Pags of WOAI will be broadcasting his radio show beginning at 5pm. Both will broadcast live from Alamo Plaza. The actual tea party will be from 6-8pm. Crowds of 5,000 to 10,000 are expected to come out to the Alamo and voice their disapproval of federal pork spending and increases in the tax burden.

EndTheFed
04-10-2009, 12:10 PM
We're taking signs saying "Beware of the Creature from Jekyll Island"

and pass out flyers we made with relevent, timely quotes from creature.

Also taking my small dog with tea cans on her back and a sign saying "Don't tax my kibbles"

:)

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Also taking my small dog with tea cans on her back and a sign saying "Don't tax my kibbles"

Reminds me of this one:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii95/acptulsa/teaparty004-1.jpg

EndTheFed
04-10-2009, 12:24 PM