PDA

View Full Version : Key Pieces of PA and Federal Legislation

robert4rp08
04-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Key Pieces of PA and Federal Legislation (http://distractiblehominid.blogspot.com/2009/04/key-pieces-of-pa-and-federal.html)

I have compiled a list of what I consider to be some key pieces of PA Legislation and Federal Legislation onto a tri-fold flyer. I tried to cram as many bills onto it as possible, and to avoid confusion divided them by 'legislation to support' and 'legislation to oppose'.

In determining a 'position' on a bill, I attempted to objectively apply a Constitutional litmus test based on preserving liberty and economic freedom.

Also, on the flyer is information on how to identify and contact one's Representatives.

I will be passing the flyer out at the Pennsylvania Tea Party (http://www.pennsylvaniateaparty.com/)on April 11, 2009. If you are attending a Tea Party in your area and would like to pass out this flyer, you may
download the tri-fold pamphlet here (http://www.distractiblehominid.com/files/legislation_flyer_teaparty.pdf).

The text of the flyer is below:

PA Legislation to Support

* H.R. 165: Declines funding provided by the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
* H.R. 95, S.R. 51: Reaffirms sovereignty under the Tenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
* S.B. 621: Rejects compliance with the Federal REAL ID Act of 2005 and other laws involving biometric and economic privacy.
* S.B. 623: Protects biometric information.
* H.B. 40 (The Castle Doctrine): Citizen’s can protect their family and property in a life or death situation, without fear of being prosecuted in court.
* H.R. 176, H.B. 800, S.B. 202: Each of these bills provides oversight in some way to voting with electronic machines.
* H.B. 1175: Penalizes anyone that forces or coerces another individual to undergo the implantation of an identification device.
* S.B. 252: Provides equal ballot access for all political parties.

PA Legislation to Oppose

* H.B. 1045: Bans certain assault weapons.
* H.B. 841: Authorizes PA to join the Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote.
* H.B. 672, H.B. 695, S.B. 340, S.B. 455: Provide for a Constitutional Convention.
* H.B. 67, H.B. 1081, H.B. 657: Both of these bills prohibits cell phone usage while driving under certain conditions.
* H.B. 183: Mandates seat belt usage while operating a vehicle.
* H.R. 375: Requires application to own firearm, registration of owned firearms, a yearly fee and fingerprinting,
* S.B. 295: Requires personalization of firearms such that only the owner may use the weapon.
* H.B. 376: Requires day care facilities to install video surveillance cameras.
* H.B. 359: Prohibits and penalizes people from smoking in vehicles occupied by minors.

Federal Legislation to Support

* H.R. 450: Requires Congress to specify the Constitutional authority for proposed legislation.
* H.R. 1146: Withdrawal from U.N.
* H.R. 539: Limits jurisdiction of the Federal Courts.
* H.R. 219: Ensures integrity of social security trust funds.
* H.R. 1207, H.R. 1348, S. 604: Provides for audit and transparency of the Federal Reserve Bank.
* H.R. 833: Abolishes the Federal Reserve Bank.
* H.J. Res. 41: Prohibits the adoption of legal tender from a foreign entity.
* H.R 153: Provides for tax-favored unemployment savings accounts.
* H.R. 704: Provides free mailings to military in Iraq or Afghanistan.
* H.R. 205: Repeals death taxes.
* H.R. 407: Permanent tax incentives.
* H.R. 1229: Declares English as the official language of the United States.

Federal Legislation to Oppose

* S. 773, S. 778: Monitors and controls Internet traffic including complete shut down during an emergency.
* H.R. 875, S. 425: Gives the government control over food sources including private gardens.
* H.R 699: Effectively ends the private mining industry in the U.S.
* H.R. 645: Establishes National Emergency Centers on military bases.
* H.R. 45: Mandates national licensing for gun ownership and fingerprinting.
* H.R. 594: Carbon tax on fossil fuels.
* H.R 1586: Retroactive tax on bonuses received from TARP funds. Currently in the Senate.
* H.R. 25: Enacts a national sales tax in place of the current income tax.
* H.R. 1862: Requires the purchase of carbon credits to cap the emissions of green house gases.
* H.R. 1751, S. 729: Sweeping amnesty for a broad range of illegal aliens who meet certain minimal educational requirements.

http://www.distractiblehominid.com/files/iwantu.jpg

sam1952
04-09-2009, 08:25 PM
being from PA ,,, thanks.

evilfunnystuff
04-09-2009, 09:29 PM
thanks im not sure if i will be able to make the tea party as i have to take an aptitude test that day but i will print some of these up and pass them out wherever i happen to be

robert4rp08
04-10-2009, 05:49 AM
bump

ryanduff
04-10-2009, 06:34 AM
I'll be at the one in Harrisburg hopefully.

On a side note, you (and by you, I meant whoever is organizing that event) didn't really get a permit to protest the government did you??? I'd tell them to shove it if they tried to stop the protest in Harrisburg.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/666/picture1hlz.png