PDA

View Full Version : Are the Tea Parties being used to promote fascism

spotics
04-09-2009, 07:24 PM
I nomally would never listen to Hannity, but I wondering what bullshit he was spewing. Anyway, I listened for all of two minutes, and turned it off when he was talking about American "exceptionalism." "Exceptionalism" is the new buzz word I've heard. According to one web site some right wing pundit is using the tea parties as an example of exceptionalism rather than a protest against bailouts, taxes, and waste.

Despite the efforts of many tea party organizers to not make their events political, the mainstream media will cover them as right wing rallies. Although probably not in most, but in a few the war on terror, attacks on Iran, I hate to think that our movement will turn into a promotion of Nazi beliefs, but that's what I am seeing.

MRoCkEd
04-09-2009, 07:31 PM
They won't be hijacking the end the fed protests.. because they won't be covering them!

KCIndy
04-09-2009, 08:02 PM
"Exceptionalism" is the new buzz word I've heard. According to one web site some right wing pundit is using the tea parties as an example of exceptionalism rather than a protest against bailouts, taxes, and waste.

Exceptionalism?? What the h*ll??

I'm not even sure what they mean by that.

idiom
04-09-2009, 08:07 PM
American Exceptionalism. The theory that all humanity sucks, except Americans.

yeah, we hate you for your freedom.

micahnelson
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
American Exceptionalism means that you think America is the greatest country in the history of the world.

It is alright to believe that, assuming the source of America's greatness is her support of individual liberty.

If you believe it is America's birthright to be first among many nations, that our legacy is already written in gold, and our motives are always pure- then you are a blind nationalist.

Athan
04-09-2009, 08:13 PM
Buy a cheap blow horn and disrupt them when the idiots talk and demand a real protest.
Show them your middle finger.
Call them out on bullshit.

There is NO roberts rules of orders here.

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't care what other groups of people may be trying to promote via the tea parties. I just care about what our group of people is trying to promote. ;)

Bottom line is dissaffected are being corralled for us

:D:D:D

gottago
04-09-2009, 08:34 PM
love fest.

The one in Columbia, SC has mike huckabee as a keynote speaker.

The one in Greenville is being used by the "upstate young republicans" to announce the candidacy of neo-con Greshem Barrett's run for governor.

A couple of the others have become a (d) bashing forum.

It's a great opportunity to make the Christian right realize they are neo-cons and are destroying what's left of American sovereignty.

Bring your handouts and slim jims.

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm still undecided on what to think of the neocons "stealing" the tea party idea. :confused: I shall wait and see what comes of it. Right now, it's looking like a hijack of a good idea. :mad::(

Jace
04-09-2009, 08:43 PM

gottago
04-09-2009, 08:43 PM
This is where we use them to expose them. I can't wait.

More than anything, it's an opportunity to break this left/right paradigm used by the neo-cons/neo-libs to keep America divided.

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm still undecided on what to think of the neocons "stealing" the tea party idea. :confused: I shall wait and see what comes of it. Right now, it's looking like a hijack of a good idea. :mad::(

I don't know where this "hijack" and "stealing" rhetoric is coming from. I mean, we may have had a couple annual events at Faneuil Hall, but we certainly didn't spark this tea party phenomena, we joined it.

This is where we use them to expose them. I can't wait.

More than anything, it's an opportunity to break this left/right paradigm used by the neo-cons/neo-libs to keep America divided.

Athan
04-09-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't know where this "hijack" and "stealing" rhetoric is coming from. I mean, we may have had a couple annual events at Faneuil Hall, but we certainly didn't spark this tea party phenomena, we joined it.

Did you forget our tea party last year?

jman1237
04-09-2009, 11:25 PM
On MSNBC tonight I heard the word "teabag" being used many many times in a suggestive way. It was really quite humorous and blatant. Things such as "Teabag your Senator" Teabag them Teabag her. etc, lots of references to the "act" of teabagging. Wow. Like they (MEDIA) aren't aware of the implied meaning of what they were saying in the context of the words alone unrelated to the purpose of teabagging. George Carlin would know what to say.

jman1237
04-09-2009, 11:27 PM
PS who wants to buy a dang ron paul silver dollar that is perfect and special? check it out...
http://shop.ebay.com/ron%20paul%20silver%20dollar?_from=R40&_trksid=p2773.m38.l1313&_nkw=ron+paul+silver+dollar&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_naf=1

ronpaulhawaii
04-10-2009, 12:26 AM
Did you forget our tea party last year?

No, but this recent wave was sparked by Rick Santelli and really is not anything we started. We certainly don't own the concept of tea parties, in general, either...

What bothers me about the rhetoric is how easily it could be used to incite people to hate "them evil neo-cons" and lessen the effectiveness of the canvassing potential

;)

LATruth
04-10-2009, 12:29 AM
PS who wants to buy a dang ron paul silver dollar that is perfect and special? check it out...
http://shop.ebay.com/ron%20paul%20silver%20dollar?_from=R40&_trksid=p2773.m38.l1313&_nkw=ron+paul+silver+dollar&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_naf=1

Why, when you can get 1oz silver liberty coins for as cheap as $15. I don't care who is on them.

JoshLowry
04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
You can convert these crowds.

Take flyers and pass them out. Tell them to support HR 1207.

If your congressman is there to try and take advantage of this situation and does not support HR 1207 (you should know already) then wave a sign that says "Congressman X will not support/cosponsor HR 1207."

Give people who talk to you a flyer with info on this bill. Add a link to the CFL or even Liberty Forest if you like!

Athan
04-10-2009, 12:30 AM
Heh, well we can have signs on there saying "SECOND ANNUAL TEA PARTY"

They'll be like "wuuut?"

And we'll be like "Yup, we had one last year. Raised a million for Ron Paul. We decided to have another."

JoshLowry
04-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Heh, well we can have signs on there saying "SECOND ANNUAL TEA PARTY"

They'll be like "wuuut?"

And we'll be like "Yup, we had one last year. Raised a million for Ron Paul. We decided to have another."

Much better than yelling into a blowhorn with your middle finger in the air and a ron paul shirt on.

(although the image makes me smile)

Drknows
04-10-2009, 12:38 AM
Much better than yelling into a blowhorn with your middle finger in the air and a ron paul shirt on.

(although the image makes me smile)

:D me too.

yeah i like the idea of second annual tea party. of course they will probably think nothing of it.

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Well, it poses an interesting question. Is it better to slip in and try to convert the neocons, or is it better to show the Democrats they'll have an option when they figure out they're disaffected by their party by loudly protesting the neocons?

Yeah, libertarian Republicans didn't do the first tea party. But we had the first one in over two hundred years. They're obviously trying to hijack us, and we cannot roll over for that.

SWATH
04-10-2009, 07:04 AM
I was excited about the tea parties at first, but now after seeing it pumped by a bunch of neocons pretending that it's their idea, I don't know. It's infuriating. But after all neocons are professional usurpers.

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 07:06 AM
I was excited about the tea parties at first, but now after seeing it pumped by a bunch of neocons pretending that it's their idea, I don't know. It's infuriating. But after all neocons are professional usurpers.

Yes they are. Which is why I say we don't lie down for it, like the New Christian Right did and like the libertarian Republicans of the 'eighties did. I feel we have to show everyone--liberals, conservatives, everyone--that we're different!

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Put me down among those that are pissed that the Tea Parties are being hijacked. I don't like the idea of them being used as cover to re-entrench the neocons into power cause they simply won't do shit to change anything. Bet it was that asshole Frank Luntz that got the idea to subvert them. :mad:

haaaylee
04-10-2009, 09:57 AM
This could be perfect. You have all your cities' neocons together at the same time. Give them a stern talking to about how stupid they are.

Aratus
04-10-2009, 10:09 AM
the "W" doubled over our debt and traipsed back to crawford texas and retirement.
the shrub clearly had his own ideas about the way we are taxed, and the way we should
spend. somehow, our "great collapse" in the interum has handed barack obama one big
messy convoluded problem. this impulse is like the homeowner who is re-negotiating a mortgage
with the bank, who gains 2 or 3 less as a percent as the mortgage's timeframe now goes
from 10 to 15 more years to 30 to 45 more years, as the value of the house in question is
halved. obama feels we need to spend so our economic engine won't sputter. if the presses
run continually, if our currency now drastically inflates, if we cheapen our currency to the max,
this then could create an even worse crisis. the arguement is about the act of sending good
money after bad. if the neo-cons know there is a taxpayer revolt happening, then clearly
they hope we taxpayers get roiled, yet also have weak and feeble memories of D.C's spending
pattern over our previous decade. it seems to me that we are better served by sending
political neophytes on to D.C rather than the guys and gals who are slick & savy, who may
have set this all up by the budgets that were agreed to in a very bi-partisan manner...

parocks
04-14-2010, 04:47 AM
You got it - back on 4/9/09