PDA

View Full Version : Tea party caution! Don't sign anything

libertygrl
04-09-2009, 06:05 PM
This was just forwarded to me from a Tea Party group member. Don't know if this is legit or bogus but I thought it best to pass it along just in case:

TEA PARTY CAUTION! DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING - FROM ANYONE - AT ANY TEA PARTY ANYWHERE IN THE USA ---- NO EXCEPTIONS!

Federally-funded ACORN operators will be at all Tea Parties to get signatures which they will give to Obama stating that the signatures are in support of his policies or to get the names of people who oppose his policies and report dissention.

NO MATTER WHAT, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING! IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS WHO PLAN TO ATTEND, WHO DO NOT HAVE EMAIL, GET ON THE PHONE TO WARN THEM. TRY TO CALL OR EMAIL RADIO TALK SHOWS AND LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG.

ItsTime
04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
bump bump

muzzled dogg
04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
dont drink the kool aid

PPJSmith
04-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm glad you weren't around whispering in our founders ears, "Don't sign that document the king will know you oppose his rule."

ItsTime
04-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm glad you weren't around whispering in our founders ears, "Don't sign that document the king will know you oppose his rule."

So how much is Acorn paying you? LOL.

A petition for this and that can not be compared to the DofI

silverhawks
04-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Libertygrl, I would prefer to see this confirmed, because it actively halts networking between liberty groups, especially those on the internet.

JeNNiF00F00
04-09-2009, 06:28 PM
What should we do if we see these people?

ItsTime
04-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Libertygrl, I would prefer to see this confirmed, because it actively halts networking between liberty groups, especially those on the internet.

Why would you need to sign something to network? Hell most of my RP meetup group members cant even remember my name and I set up all the canvassing and sign waves lol :eek:

PPJSmith
04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
I wish someone would be paying me for as much work as I have put into our local Tea Party. How about saying read what you sign instead of "Do not sign anything." Obama already know who is liberty minded and who isn't. They monitor our internet activity and our money. We will be passing out petitions to turn over to our Congressional and State leaders that show that their constituents want them to support HR1207 and also the Texas State Sovereignty bills. We will also be asking people to sign into the Tea Party so that the media can not undercount us like they did last time. HA, ACORN paying me....NEVER

PPJSmith
04-09-2009, 06:33 PM
What should we do if we see these people?

Educate them on Liberty. It's a powerful message that truly has the strength to change minds and lives. Trust me, it works better than anything else.

libertygrl
04-09-2009, 06:47 PM

I agree. Wish I could help. This info seems to have originated from some sort of tea party web ring. I found an article about ACORN and the tea party, although I don't see mention of signing petitions:

ACORN to crash Tax Day tea parties?

With only one week left before citizens in 2,000 U.S. cities take to the streets in protest of government spending this Tax Day, will ACORN and the Huffington Post crash the party?

ACORN spokesman Charles Jackson told WND his group will be rallying on the same day.

"ACORN is going to be engaged in a series of rallies across the country on April 15 in support of the priorities outlined in President Obama's first budget – investments in education, health care, and getting Americans back to work," Jackson said.

He continued, "This is the first we've heard of these 'tea parties' and, frankly, a gripe-fest by a bunch of conservatives whose preferred economic policies got us in this mess in the first place is of no interest to us."
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=94297

KCIndy
04-09-2009, 07:59 PM
Obama already know who is liberty minded and who isn't. They monitor our internet activity and our money.

Don't forget about our phone calls. They monitor those too.

Athan
04-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh you can sign. Just put this signature:

John Hancock

devil21
04-09-2009, 08:33 PM
^^^Great idea. Except Id make it Hancock ;)

But seriously, why not read what you are signing then decide if you want to sign it? Of course, don't sign anything blank or lacking essential information.

RideTheDirt
04-09-2009, 08:37 PM
If you do sign anything, sign it Mickey Mouse or something;)

give them this #310-735-0099

1(413) 497-0025

or any of these... http://www.rejectionhotline.com/

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2009, 08:39 PM
bump for liberty promoters who may not know this important info yet

Athan
04-09-2009, 11:13 PM
Heh heh.. yeah I wrote in a hurry.

LittleLightShining
04-10-2009, 05:21 AM
I have no intention of telling people not to sign anything. I will encourage people to read what they sign and I am hoping that I can gather a list of people's names and contacts so that I can keep them updated about future events. This is just the beginning for me. Just the beginning.

We are going to have people motivated to actually get off their couches and away from their desks to come down and show that they are sick of it. If we intend to do anything of value to do something about the deficit spending, taxes and unresponsive government that we are complaining about we must make activists of them all.

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Ya read what you sign.

Be diligent in exposing fraudulent or anti-liberty petitions/initiatives.

Don't worry too much about being labeled a liberty supporter. Just follow the law and do what you can, peacefully, IMO