PDA

View Full Version : CD 10 in Texas: McCaul is having a TEA PARTY

MsDoodahs
04-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Brenham, Courthouse Pavillion, April 14, 11:30 am

Here is the text from the evite:

"Please join me and other constituents of CD-10 for a Tax Day Tea Party to stand up for your constitutional right of lower taxes. It is imperative for us to advocate for reducing the business tax rate, middle income tax relief, abolishing the tax on capital gains, abolishing the death tax and balancing the budget with controlled spending. Please bring your posters and signs with catchy slogans in favor of less government spending and greater tax payer relief. Let's take a stand together! Don't forget your tea bags!"

:D

Oh, what a RICH OPPORTUNITY!

MsDoodahs
04-09-2009, 04:25 PM
If you are in Harris, Waller, Washington, or Austin Counties, this is YOUR rep.

He is NOT a co-sponsor of 1207.

Yet.

I am going to make a sign that says McCaul is NOT a cosponsor of HR 1207. DEMAND TO KNOW WHY!

I need some help coming up with a handout - should it just be the text of 1207, the list of sponsors, and then at the top "Michael McCaul is not a cosponsor of this legislation. He stands before you today. DEMAND TO KNOW WHY HE IS NOT SUPPORTING THE EFFORT TO AUDIT THE FEDERAL RESERVE!

Is that too much?

JoshLowry
04-09-2009, 04:32 PM
I already called and they told me he would not cosponsor hr1207 because it would not help but supposedly he would vote on it if it went to the floor. See: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=185181

He voted against the bail out, but he is and always has been a neocon. (not trying to rain on your parade.) At least he got one thing right. Meh.

I may make it anyways and ask McCaul some random question.

MsDoodahs
04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
It won't pass anyway is bullshit.

HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING A STAND.

If he has no balls, fine, let him ADMIT THAT - in front of the entire crowd.

lynnf
04-09-2009, 08:11 PM
It won't pass anyway is bullshit.

HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING A STAND.

If he has no balls, fine, let him ADMIT THAT - in front of the entire crowd.

the neocons are trying to hijack the tea parties -- in Austin, Gov Perry is slated to talk at the tea party there -- he's not for liberty, but he will say he is. he talks, but doesn't walk.

lynn

MsDoodahs
04-09-2009, 08:29 PM
the neocons are trying to hijack the tea parties -- in Austin, Gov Perry is slated to talk at the tea party there -- he's not for liberty, but he will say he is. he talks, but doesn't walk.

lynn

And THAT would be great on a sign...

"Perry talks the talk but he DOES NOT WALK THE WALK"

I'd add "DO NOT FALL FOR HIS LIES AGAIN! REMEMBER HE WANTED TO FORCE TEXAS TEEN GIRLS TO BE GUINEA PIGS FOR BIG PHARMA WITH GUARDISIL"

But that's just me....

lol....

Flirple
04-09-2009, 09:43 PM
...I am going to make a sign that says McCaul is NOT a cosponsor of HR 1207. DEMAND TO KNOW WHY!...

...DEMAND TO KNOW WHY HE IS NOT SUPPORTING THE EFFORT TO AUDIT THE FEDERAL RESERVE!...

Yes! This is the spirit everyone attending these tea parties should have. A tea party should be in rebellion against the government NOT WITH the government!

And be prepared to voice your opposition if the neocons try to use the tea parties to promote their ambitions to expand the military empire.

Someone else suggested signs that say something like "Congressman X, YOU are part of the problem"

MsDoodahs
04-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I like that, too!

LibertyEagle
04-09-2009, 09:49 PM
Someone else suggested signs that say something like "Congressman X, YOU are part of the problem"

I like that. :)