PDA

View Full Version : The Pros and Cons of a Kokesh Run

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2009, 08:56 AM
I notice the sticky thread was give a one star rating :(

Lets use this thread to hash out issues the subject of the wisdom of a Kokesh run

The first valid question in this regards was:

I'd like to see him run but I don't know if I see a win being viable. From what I've seen and read, he would probably be seen as too militant in the mainstream's eyes to convince enough people to vote for him. And would he be able to carry himself as professionally and statesman-like as possible during a debate? I don't kknow a whole lot about him but he kind of looks like a hothead as well, that's just going off of looks though.

I can understand how watching him speak to a bunch of r3VOLutionaries might give the above impression. In person, Adam is a remarkably knowledgeable, and articulate, defender of libertarian principles. He is, also, well rounded. While the Goldwater quote "extremism in defense of liberty is no vice" can be used to describe one aspect, pictures like this show another.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/Lawson/153.jpg

In real life, Adam is a warm, considerate, good natured man.

Now, I wonder why someone thinks it is a 1 star idea...

:eek::D

Cowlesy
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
If we want to be serious about this, we'll need to fully vet out the guy --- first up, does he have a criminal record?

I don't ask to be a pain, but if he gains traction his opponent will certainly bring it up.

He Who Pawns
04-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Well I made a thread in this forum saying that the guy is a shameless and annoying self promoter, but it got deleted. That is my honest opinion. I support the Rand and Schiff forums here, but my honest assessment of this guy is that he's too weird and annoying for a congressional run. I have also stated that I think the Judge is not a good candidate for national office, because his looks too much a like a Sopranos character. I mean, do we have to all agree that everyone would be a great candidate?

I would rather see a "Penn Jillette for NV Governor" forum. I think Penn would have a good shot at actually winning. He has a big base of support in Clark County and enough money and name recognition to be a serious contender.

Kludge
04-09-2009, 09:05 AM
If Mr. Kokesh is interested, it would be in his best interest to give us a list of principles (an "Issues" page) which we can scrutinize and hold him accountable to. I've listened to him speak enough and read his posts in a couple forums to be comfortable with supporting him.

Kludge
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Well I made a thread in this forum saying that the guy is a shameless and annoying self promoter, but it got deleted.

It was moved, not deleted... I just had the misfortune of reading it when I woke up.

AdamT
04-09-2009, 09:10 AM
I would assume He Who Pawns gave it the 1 star.

Cowlesy
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
I would rather see a "Penn Jillette for NV Governor" forum.

Good for you, start a website and a forum then, but that is not what we are discussing here. Run along now.

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2009, 09:33 AM
If we want to be serious about this, we'll need to fully vet out the guy --- first up, does he have a criminal record?

I don't ask to be a pain, but if he gains traction his opponent will certainly bring it up.

Not a pain, at all. The quicker we get issues like this out of the way, the quicker we can move on to bigger and better things. As far as I know, Adam's record will show activity to civil dis-obedience issues. While this will be something that must be addressed, I do not see it as unsurmountable. Good question

Well I made a thread in this forum saying that the guy is a shameless and annoying self promoter, but it got deleted. That is my honest opinion. I support the Rand and Schiff forums here, but my honest assessment of this guy is that he's too weird and annoying for a congressional run. I have also stated that I think the Judge is not a good candidate for national office, because his looks too much a like a Sopranos character. I mean, do we have to all agree that everyone would be a great candidate?

I would rather see a "Penn Jillette for NV Governor" forum. I think Penn would have a good shot at actually winning. He has a big base of support in Clark County and enough money and name recognition to be a serious contender.

I didn't move your thread, but looking at it hints to me that you may lack the ability to discuss the subject objectively. No, we don't have to all agree, but we do all have to be as respectful as possible, and try to avoid pointless negativity.

If you want to start a Jillette for Gov" site, and can garner enough support, I'm sure a request for a forum would be considered.

If Mr. Kokesh is interested, it would be in his best interest to give us a list of principles (an "Issues" page) which we can scrutinize and hold him accountable to. I've listened to him speak enough and read his posts in a couple forums to be comfortable with supporting him.

Yes, that will be built as we progress. For now, we are looking to gauge preliminary support. It seems to me an issues page will be more necessary for an exploratory committee site, than for a grassroots "draft" site...

Thoughts?

He Who Pawns
04-09-2009, 09:40 AM
I didn't move your thread, but looking at it hints to me that you may lack the ability to discuss the subject objectively. No, we don't have to all agree, but we do all have to be as respectful as possible, and try to avoid pointless negativity.

Well what exactly started THIS ONE in motion? Has anyone done even the slightest background check on this guy? Has he expressed any interest in running? What are his credentials? Does he even have a job? Any money to finance the run? Anything?

Danke
04-09-2009, 09:43 AM
I like him for the same reasons you do Mike. But his actions at the RNC will not fetch him much GOP support, if that is the party he would be running with.

ClayTrainor
04-09-2009, 09:45 AM
I was working with Adam on a project called the "Real GOP"

Right now, the project is on a bit of a hiatus but, i do have a pretty high quality video of Adam speaking about how unconstitutional the Iraq War was and, I think i could convert it into a good promotional ad for him, if he decides to run.

Anyways, i'm just saying, i'd gladly re-edit this video to help promote a Congressional Run by Adam. I never got around to promoting it, due to the website being unfinished.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F48P5D_-lNQ

Also, What's his competition like in New Mexico? Who would he be running against in 2010?

Pros:

- Significant Understanding and perspective on the War on Terror.
- Honorable Service Record
- Well spoken, and articulate (Would handle himself very well in debates)
- He's a Fiscally Conservative, Ron Paul Republican

Cons:

- He is very young (Perhaps this could be an advantage?)

I really can't think of many negatives... he should definitely consider running.

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Well what exactly started THIS ONE in motion?

Matt Colvin met Adam at the Rally, being a fellow military man, he took special interest and started this effort in motion.

Has anyone done even the slightest background check on this guy?

Everything comes out in the wash. This is a "draft" effort; not an exploratory committee. I, also, propose that, in this day and age, whats counts as a net negative (for image), is not what it used to be...

"Has he expressed any interest in running?"

He has expressed an interest in gauging grassroots support, which implies that he is open to the idea of running.

What are his credentials?

I wonder what kind of "credentials" are necessary to win the support of voters these days?

Does he even have a job? Any money to finance the run? Anything?

Name recognition and street cred is a good place to start.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-09-2009, 10:36 AM
I appreciated Adam's efforts prior to having personal contact with him and our brief conversations on the phone have led me to believe that the man is the real deal. I am 100% behind him running for office. It does not matter what type of job he had or how much money he needs. A man can be a shoe salesman and have more of an idea as to what it takes to save this country than a doctor or a lawyer. As far as money, well that is what the grassroots is for. I would hope that we would stick behind him and throw some money his way to make this happen. I am certainly not wealthy by any means but I am planning my own run for office here in MD. If I thought that the revolution would abandon me than it would be pointless for me to even think about this.

specsaregood
04-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Is he a 9/11 truther? specifically has he made any public statements on the subject?

LittleLightShining
04-09-2009, 11:02 AM

Ok, first-- It's pretty hard to get elected if you aren't a shameless self-promoter. Which may be annoying in certain situations but definitely has its advantages in others.

Your superficial assertion that Judge Napolitano shouldn't be a candidate because of his looks is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.

I like him for the same reasons you do Mike. But his actions at the RNC will not fetch him much GOP support, if that is the party he would be running with.
I kinda think he'd be better off running as an Independent. He could capture a lot of the anti-war youth vote that way without the stigma of being a Republican.

TruthisTreason
04-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Pros

He is a bad a$$ mofo! :D

klamath
04-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I was working with Adam on a project called the "Real GOP"

Right now, the project is on a bit of a hiatus but, i do have a pretty high quality video of Adam speaking about how unconstitutional the Iraq War was and, I think i could convert it into a good promotional ad for him, if he decides to run.

Anyways, i'm just saying, i'd gladly re-edit this video to help promote a Congressional Run by Adam. I never got around to promoting it, due to the website being unfinished.

Also, What's his competition like in New Mexico? Who would he be running against in 2010?

Pros:

Cons:

I really can't think of many negatives... he should definitely consider running.

"Honorable war record?"
He obviously had UCMJ action against him for smuggling a Iraqi pistol out of the country as he was reduced in rank.

I know Adam is or was a member of this forum and I would like to ask him questions about this as I would like to hear an explaination from him in all fairness.

I also have questions about his speech in Saint Paul that alluded to bloodly violence in the name of our cause?

Kludge
04-09-2009, 11:31 AM
"Honorable war record?"
He obviously had UCMJ action against him for smuggling a Iraqi pistol out of the country as he was reduced in rank.

I know Adam is or was a member of this forum and I would like to ask him questions about this as I would like to hear an explaination from him is all fairness.

I also have questions about his speech in Saint Paul that alluded to bloodly violence in the name of our cause?

He may answer your email. He was in the RPFs chat room not too long ago.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=20677

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-09-2009, 11:32 AM
"Honorable war record?"

I know Adam is or was a member of this forum and I would like to ask him questions about this as I would like to hear an explaination from him is all fairness.

Nobody is a real Marine until they have been busted in rank once or twice.

Plus, He was doing what soldiers have been doing since the beginning of war and that is trying to bring home a relic. I collect antique military items and have a garage with over 3,000 pieces of junk that soldiers brought back from a war zone. In all my time collecting I have only seen one item that actually had a form filled out for it to be legally brought back.

acptulsa
04-09-2009, 11:38 AM

That's what left a bad taste in my mouth. He's outstanding in many ways--including his eloquence--but many voters will wonder if he has the maturity they're looking for. That would have to be overcome for him to succeed.

He Who Pawns
04-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Your superficial assertion that Judge Napolitano shouldn't be a candidate because of his looks is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a long time.

I'm not the one who invented our current political "system" I'm just telling you the truth - that it's very superficial. Why else do you think a phony like Prettyboy Mittens Romney has such a huge following?

Or Palin?

Kludge
04-09-2009, 11:40 AM
I'm not the one who invented our current political "system" I'm just telling you the truth - that it's very superficial. Why else do you think a phony like Prettyboy Mittens Romney has such a huge following?

Or Palin?

Well, I support Ron Paul because I find his ears sexually arousing.

Oh -- and he has a nice jawline.

I won't even tell you why I like Mary Ruwart!

klamath
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Nobody is a real Marine until they have been busted in rank once or twice.

Plus, He was doing what soldiers have been doing since the beginning of war and that is trying to bring home a relic. I collect antique military items and have a garage with over 3,000 pieces of junk that soldiers brought back from a war zone. In all my time collecting I have only seen one item that actually had a form filled out for it to be legally brought back.

There is no paperwork to bring weapons out of Iraq legally. It is a flat out violation of a general order to bring out any weapon from Iraq no matter how it was obtained. Even a knife is a violation.

I would like an answer as to why only after he was denied a second tour in Iraq and barred from reenlistment that he became an antiwar protester.

Going to a political ralley in uniform is a violation of of UCMJ.

If Adam is going to run he will be asked a lot harder questions than these.

The gun smuggling and uniform violations are not that big a deal to me but speeches of violence ARE a big deal with me. I do not want to be caught supporting a guy that really does like war and violence but only opposed the war in Iraq because he was denied a second tour.

Like I said I would like to hear Adam's side because these are questions he will have to answer.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-09-2009, 12:00 PM
http://wzbhpodcast.com/blog1/?p=109

He answers some of your questions in this interview.

reduen
04-09-2009, 01:04 PM
I already pledged my support but I think that he should run for County Sheriff first...

tribute_13
04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Pro: We need people like him to energize the public, to speak up and be heard. Especially as great an orator as Kokesh I'd love to see him run just to get a few people up and jumping.

Con: He wouldn't win. At least I don't think he would. He needs to start small. I don't know if running for U.S. Congress immediately would give him much of a chance. Although if he lives in a small district I can see him going around door to door sitting down and talking to everyone.

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2009, 01:15 PM

Yep, definitely would make for some interesting primary moments. These issues will have to be considered and his run would truly be r3VOlutionary.

Pros:

Cons:

Thanks Clay. I have put up some info, on the site, regarding the district and incumbant. That said, I remain fairly -e-gnorant and imagine you might be a great help on the site maintenance team :)

Is he a 9/11 truther? specifically has he made any public statements on the subject?

Not that I know of, or recall; we are pretty good friends and I think I would have noticed. What I have always seen is Adam fighting dragons on the surface,

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2752/148/29/13303243/n13303243_33332677_7688302.jpg

http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepics3/HotProtester041907.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2654/148/29/13303243/n13303243_33332680_179928.jpg

rather than rabbits in the caves...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Rabbitattack.jpg

"Honorable war record?"

I know Adam is or was a member of this forum and I would like to ask him questions about this as I would like to hear an explaination from him in all fairness.

Fair enough, I find your incredulous rhetoric helpful in preparing for meeting challenges... I think calling a man's honor into question as not a helpful move. I don't know at what point he may come here to join in, but for now figure the effort will benefit more from him watching the conversation (if he even is), rather joining in.

That's what left a bad taste in my mouth. He's outstanding in many ways--including his eloquence--but many voters will wonder if he has the maturity they're looking for. That would have to be overcome for him to succeed.

Fair enough. Thanks.

There is no paperwork to bring weapons out of Iraq legally. It is a flat out violation of a general order to bring out any weapon from Iraq no matter how it was obtained. Even a knife is a violation.

I would like an answer as to why only after he was denied a second tour in Iraq and barred from reenlistment that he became an antiwar protester.

Going to a political ralley in uniform is a violation of of UCMJ.

If Adam is going to run he will be asked a lot harder questions than these.

The gun smuggling and uniform violations are not that big a deal to me but speeches of violence ARE a big deal with me. I do not want to be caught supporting a guy that really does like war and violence but only opposed the war in Iraq because he was denied a second tour.

Like I said I would like to hear Adam's side because these are questions he will have to answer.

This is the second time you have insinuated things that really don't seem helpful to the cause of gauging support. Some bridges are best crossed carefully, and I hope you don't attempt to clutter up this board until you get a personal response to your accusations. I find it absurd to suggest he became anti-war out of spite. Your desire to get answers from him are heard loud and clear. I'd recommend PM.

Much of politics is diplomacy

Thanks

torchbearer
04-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I think Kokesh should get involved in the political arena. The PC nannies be damned.
It takes all kinds to win a revolution.
Amongst our founders were people like Ron Paul and people like Adam Kokesh... and they were all involved in the central fight.

klamath
04-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Yep, definitely would make for some interesting primary moments. These issues will have to be considered and his run would truly be r3VOlutionary.

Thanks Clay. I have put up some info, on the site, regarding the district and incumbant. That said, I remain fairly -e-gnorant and imagine you might be a great help on the site maintenance team :)

Not that I know of, or recall; we are pretty good friends and I think I would have noticed. What I have always seen is Adam fighting dragons on the surface,

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2752/148/29/13303243/n13303243_33332677_7688302.jpg

http://www.peteykins.com/sparklepics3/HotProtester041907.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2654/148/29/13303243/n13303243_33332680_179928.jpg

rather than rabbits in the caves...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/24/Rabbitattack.jpg

Fair enough, I find your incredulous rhetoric helpful in preparing for meeting challenges... I think calling a man's honor into question as not a helpful move. I don't know at what point he may come here to join in, but for now figure the effort will benefit more from him watching the conversation (if he even is), rather joining in.

Fair enough. Thanks.

This is the second time you have insinuated things that really don't seem helpful to the cause of gauging support. Some bridges are best crossed carefully, and I hope you don't attempt to clutter up this board until you get a personal response to your accusations. I find it absurd to suggest he became anti-war out of spite. Your desire to get answers from him are heard loud and clear. I'd recommend PM.

Much of politics is diplomacy

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_gcwVcqCcc 3:00 to 3:20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc Politcal speech versus politcal action. I've been burned before.

ronpaulhawaii
04-09-2009, 02:11 PM
I already pledged my support but I think that he should run for County Sheriff first...

I second the need for people to run for local offices, but do think Adam's name recognition can be capitalized on, on the national stage.

Pro: We need people like him to energize the public, to speak up and be heard. Especially as great an orator as Kokesh I'd love to see him run just to get a few people up and jumping.

Con: He wouldn't win. At least I don't think he would. He needs to start small. I don't know if running for U.S. Congress immediately would give him much of a chance. Although if he lives in a small district I can see him going around door to door sitting down and talking to everyone.

Politics are changing fast. The incumbent is a freshman, It would be great if someone could research potential primary opponents. I can see benefit in the event of a loss,:(, as well, and certainly think it is worth exploring...

I think Kokesh should get involved in the political arena. The PC nannies be damned.
It takes all kinds to win a revolution.
Amongst our founders were people like Ron Paul and people like Adam Kokesh... and they were all involved in the central fight.

+1775

Originally Posted by klamath http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2068365#post2068365)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_gcwVcqCcc 3:00 to 3:20Yep, can we sell that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc Politcal speech versus politcal action. I've been burned before.

Most of us have, ya puts in yer quarters, and you takes yer chances.

and ya weigh the pros and cons

Thanks

nobody's_hero
04-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Pro: Since he has practically no friends in Congress, he could speak his mind and not hold back.

Con: We have to hear bug-eyed Nancy Pelosi's voice repeating, "The gentleman's time has expired, the gentleman's time has expired."

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Well I made a thread in this forum saying that the guy is a shameless and annoying self promoter

lol

Jesus was a self-promoter too. Anybody who is usually correct should be a self-promoter.

Pro: CSPAN would be more interesting. The youth would be fired up. Lots of good press for 'the movement'.

Cons: Adam is very effective in the things he's already doing, if he were to lose, it could be time less valuably spent than continuing his current path.

That said, a losing run can be very effective for liberty - just look at Ron Paul!

coyote_sprit
04-10-2009, 06:12 AM
This is why he won't win......
http://i43.tinypic.com/j7eqdv.jpg
He looks like a young Anton LaVey
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e5/Anton_LaVey_photo.jpg/185px-Anton_LaVey_photo.jpg

Lol, J/k, or am I?

Natalie
04-10-2009, 06:16 AM
There are no cons!!

Run Adam Run!

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 06:23 AM

Lol, J/k, or am I?

citizen's arrest warning #1 coyote_spirit embodying the antithesis of liberty - superficial character attack based on physical appearance

ronpaulhawaii
04-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Pro: Since he has practically no friends in Congress, he could speak his mind and not hold back.

Con: We have to hear bug-eyed Nancy Pelosi's voice repeating, "The gentleman's time has expired, the gentleman's time has expired."

haha -actually, your con might be a pro for a while...

http://i43.tinypic.com/j7eqdv.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e5/Anton_LaVey_photo.jpg/185px-Anton_LaVey_photo.jpg

Lol, J/k, or am I?

citizen's arrest warning #1 coyote_spirit embodying the antithesis of liberty - superficial character attack based on physical appearance

:eek:

Actually, Coyote raises a valid point (that many voters are influenced by superficial attacks). The RftR speech embodies an aspect of Adam that opposition may try to use against him. The question is will it work?, or can we make such an attempt back-fire...?

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 08:03 AM
Actually, Coyote raises a valid point (that many voters are influenced by superficial attacks). The RftR speech embodies an aspect of Adam that opposition may try to use against him. The question is will it work?, or can we make such an attempt back-fire...?

IMO Coyote could easily raise the point without

insinuating that the most superficial attack possible would keep Adam from winning.

being the first to raise such a superficial insinuation / tying Adam to La vay

not clearly separating himself from a desire to make such an insinuation

using such a vague tone

but point taken.

certainly there are things that could be used against adam. IMO we should react to them when they occur, if they occur - not invent them and find the best ammunition for the opposition in a place where constructive criticism is called for.

Coyote, here's to hoping your intentions are pure and I am wrong. I believe the evidence points elsewhere.

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 08:11 AM
certainly there are things that could be used against adam. IMO we should react to them when they occur, if they occur - not invent them and find the best ammunition for the opposition in a place where constructive criticism is called for.

Coyote, here's to hoping your intentions are pure and I am wrong. I believe the evidence points elsewhere.

I disagree. Forewarned is forearmed. We've done enough reacting. We need to learn to be ready for whatever crap they fling.

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 08:18 AM
I disagree. Forewarned is forearmed. We've done enough reacting. We need to learn to be ready for whatever crap they fling.

you could be right, acp.

I definitely agree on all matters factual, such as knowing what adam's actual weaknesses are. What I am not sure about is making up 100 fake insinuations about him in defense of the 2 or 3 that may be hammered hard by the opposition.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Personally, I find it to be a pointless exercise to argue about who is too weak and who is too strong to run as liberty candidates. It does not matter if a guy hardly ever says a word or if they would need a muzzle to shut him up - the fact remains that we need every single willing participant to run for offices as small as dog catcher and as large as President. We will never agree on who the best candidates are but we should at least agree that we are appreciative that we have folks willing to stand up for themselves and for all of us and who are trying their best to restore common sense to our government.

afmatt
04-11-2009, 08:32 AM
personally, i find it to be a pointless exercise to argue about who is too weak and who is too strong to run as liberty candidates. It does not matter if a guy hardly ever says a word or if they would need a muzzle to shut him up - the fact remains that we need every single willing participant to run for offices as small as dog catcher and as large as president. We will never agree on who the best candidates are but we should at least agree that we are appreciative that we have folks willing to stand up for themselves and for all of us and who are trying their best to restore common sense to our government.

+1776

Mini-Me
04-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Personally, I find it to be a pointless exercise to argue about who is too weak and who is too strong to run as liberty candidates. It does not matter if a guy hardly ever says a word or if they would need a muzzle to shut him up - the fact remains that we need every single willing participant to run for offices as small as dog catcher and as large as President. We will never agree on who the best candidates are but we should at least agree that we are appreciative that we have folks willing to stand up for themselves and for all of us and who are trying their best to restore common sense to our government.

I agree with this...anyone willing and able to run SHOULD run. That said, it also takes money and work to support each and every candidate, and everyone here has limited resources. Although I'd love for hundreds of liberty candidates to run in 2010, we do have to keep in mind that we can heavily promote only so many...and if potential candidates are gauging support for the base before a run, we shouldn't bullshit them only to leave them hanging out to dry. Obviously this forum is only a very small (and probably unrepresentative) sample of everyone who would come out in support of such candidates, and more successful ones will draw wider support as they campaign, but the measure of enthusiasm here might give potential candidates an idea about what to expect.

That said, shameless self-promoter or not, I like Adam Kokesh, and I totally agree with Torchbearer: I think we really need aggressive, fiery guys like Kokesh as a counterpoint to our more mild-mannered and gentlemanly champions like Ron Paul. The vast majority of voters, like it or not, make their decisions based on their feelings (and/or self-interest and/or what they've been indoctrinated to believe), and they aren't very deep or epistemically rational thinkers. We can't hope to change this, especially on a wide scale...it's a personality-based thing. Instead, we need to tap into their modes of thinking, and Adam Kokesh may be able to reach some of the kinds of people that Ron Paul could not. Even though he may be a turn-off for many traditional older folks, I think he just might ignite the fire of liberty in others' bellies.

JamesButabi
04-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Of course he should run. Anybody with any glimmer of hope to get into a position such as Congress should shoot for it. Any voices and votes that support RP and a reduction in the size and scope of government is great by me.

edit* Can someone inform me as to what happened at RNC?

gls
04-11-2009, 01:02 PM
edit* Can someone inform me as to what happened at RNC?

http://www.bradblog.com/Images/JohnMcCain_IVAWProtest_CantWinOccupation_090408_RN C.jpg

torchbearer
04-11-2009, 01:16 PM
http://www.bradblog.com/Images/JohnMcCain_IVAWProtest_CantWinOccupation_090408_RN C.jpg

+1775.
That takes balls.

JamesButabi
04-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Ahhh yes. Good for him. I would gladly support him under any ticket.

libertygrl
04-12-2009, 04:35 PM
I have also stated that I think the Judge is not a good candidate for national office, because his looks too much a like a Sopranos character.

So another words he looks TOO ITALIAN? That's really prejudical and offensive. Here we have one of the best minds on constitutional law, someone who is articulate and has the courage to speak truth to power and you want to dismiss him because of his looks??? Where are your priorities dude?

He Who Pawns
04-12-2009, 05:10 PM
So another words he looks TOO ITALIAN? That's really prejudical and offensive. Here we have one of the best minds on constitutional law, someone who is articulate and has the courage to speak truth to power and you want to dismiss him because of his looks??? Where are your priorities dude?

listen, sweetcakes, I didn't invent this ridiculous US political system we live under. i agree with you about the Judge! i'm just saying that Americans are so superficial that they want their political leaders to look like Barbie and Ken. That's why the GOP sheep love Mittens Romney and Sarah "Caribou Barbie" Failin. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/icons/icon13.gif

but actually, i was giving this situation about the Judge some more thought yesterday, and now I am actually thinking that, yes, if were interested in a Senate run or a run for Governor, he might actually stand a pretty good chance. his law enforcement background would help, plus he has money and huge name recognition. so after further review i am changing my position on this matter. of course, all of this assumes that the Judge is even considering the notion. has he said anything about it recently?

nayjevin
04-23-2009, 11:54 PM
I've apologized to Coyote, I could have handled this far better myself, without questioning his character in an unwarranted fashion -- funny how the four fingers point back sometimes.

asimplegirl
04-24-2009, 04:58 AM
He Who Pawns, maybe your mommy didn't teach you this, but especially when being patronizing, you wouldn't seems like a judgmental ass right off the bat if you didn't refer to us women-folk as sweetcakes, hunnybuns, etc...You have done this to me, also...

It shows how little respect you have for ANYONE...without your comments about the way people look.

He Who Pawns
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
He Who Pawns, maybe your mommy didn't teach you this, but especially when being patronizing, you wouldn't seems like a judgmental ass right off the bat if you didn't refer to us women-folk as sweetcakes, hunnybuns, etc...You have done this to me, also...

It shows how little respect you have for ANYONE...without your comments about the way people look.

These are terms of endearment. What's wrong with "sugarmuffins" or whatever? It's not like that's a bad name? :confused:

MelissaCato
04-27-2009, 08:32 AM
I think Adam has a darn good shot if he runs. He proved his worth during the RNC to all.

Maybe you people should have seen it live ... LMAO

Semper Fi !! <<<<----- term of endearment

CUnknown
05-05-2009, 10:22 AM
There is no con of him running. The only cons involve whether we should give him funding or not, given that this money would be diverted from another worthy candidate.

I think he should run, and we should fund him. Yes, he will probably not win. Those with extremely limited funds should not give to his campaign. But, let's face it, -all- liberty candidates except for Ron Paul himself run against the odds. And Ron Paul ran against the odds when he first started. So I say to hell with the odds! Give me the dice, I want to roll.

South Park Fan
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Is Kokesh running as a Libertarian or as a Republican?

ClayTrainor
05-05-2009, 05:10 PM
Is Kokesh running as a Libertarian or as a Republican?

Undecided at this point.

South Park Fan
05-05-2009, 05:22 PM
He ought to run as a Republican in the 2nd district. That's where he would have the most favorable odds of winning.

asimplegirl
05-05-2009, 07:42 PM
I am trying to get as many people into this as I can..trying to excite the masses. :)

ClayTrainor
05-05-2009, 07:57 PM
I am trying to get as many people into this as I can..trying to excite the masses. :)

atta girl. :)

I'm working on the same goals myself :cool:

Nathan Hale
05-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Undecided at this point.

I'm surprised that he's still undecided as to whether he's going to waste his and our time and money, or whether he's going to run as a Republican.

brandon
05-06-2009, 10:31 AM
The only cons involve whether we should give him funding or not, given that this money would be diverted from another worthy candidate.

This is a giant con though, and the main reason I can't support him at this time.

Personally, I've seen him speak twice and loved his speeches. He seems like a great guy and a real go-getter.

I just think he has virtually no chance of getting elected to congress at this point in time. If someone has to make a choice between donating their money to a viable campaign (Rand P) or a dead end campaign (Kokesh) I would hate to see them chose the latter.

asimplegirl
05-06-2009, 10:36 AM
atta girl. :)

I'm working on the same goals myself :cool:

I have been emailing and post whoring all kinds of forums where I know people may listen... videos, pictures, interviews, links, blogs...

Hopefully it will do some good.

CUnknown
05-06-2009, 10:42 AM
I just think he has virtually no chance of getting elected to congress at this point in time. If someone has to make a choice between donating their money to a viable campaign (Rand P) or a dead end campaign (Kokesh) I would hate to see them chose the latter.

I mostly agree. Give to both, or just give to Rand. Don't just give to Kokesh, that would be a mistake.

But also remember that even a failed run serves useful purposes. First, it gets Kokesh's name out there. Ron Paul himself was first elected on the heels of a failed campaign--there was a special election because the person who won the real election had to leave Congress for some reason, and since Paul's name was out there from a failed run, he managed to squeek in.

Additionally, it serves to wake people up and bring them to our movement. Even if it is just a few people, if they donate for the next moneybomb, we will get at least some return on our investment, plus they will be "free" votes we'll have for next time around.

ClayTrainor
05-06-2009, 12:11 PM
I have been emailing and post whoring all kinds of forums where I know people may listen... videos, pictures, interviews, links, blogs...

Hopefully it will do some good.

It can, it is, and it will :cool:

Keep up the good work!

dr. hfn
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
He is a Revolutionary at heart and if the SHTF I would want him on my side. If he runs, we will have to hold either one very succesful moneybomb or two.

THE LIBERTY ORGANIZATIONS SHOULD PROMOTE HIM!

Nathan Hale
05-08-2009, 06:15 PM
I mostly agree. Give to both, or just give to Rand. Don't just give to Kokesh, that would be a mistake.

But also remember that even a failed run serves useful purposes. First, it gets Kokesh's name out there. Ron Paul himself was first elected on the heels of a failed campaign--there was a special election because the person who won the real election had to leave Congress for some reason, and since Paul's name was out there from a failed run, he managed to squeek in.

Additionally, it serves to wake people up and bring them to our movement. Even if it is just a few people, if they donate for the next moneybomb, we will get at least some return on our investment, plus they will be "free" votes we'll have for next time around.

The best strategy for right now is to SAVE your money. As we enter Q4 of this year and Q1 of next year we'll start to see candidates lining up, many of them liberty movement candidates. Perhaps we'll see guys like BJ Lawson take another shot. Who knows - there's many of us out there, lets see who the most viable are and donate our money at that time. But right now it's just too early.

nayjevin
05-15-2009, 07:35 PM
nah, we should all make our own decisions of what to do with our money.

Ron Paul lost his election campaign, but look what that did. The way I see it, Adam's good at waking people up -- so money in his campaign coffers gives him more chance to do that.

Nathan Hale
05-16-2009, 09:47 PM
nah, we should all make our own decisions of what to do with our money.

I don't contest this. I'm just giving a shout out to inform that saving your money for later in the race is a wiser idea.

Ron Paul lost his election campaign, but look what that did. The way I see it, Adam's good at waking people up -- so money in his campaign coffers gives him more chance to do that.

Adam isn't going to wake people up by running for office. If Adam is running for office, he should have one reason for doing so: Winning the seat. If he's not in it to win the seat, his efforts are better spent on other ventures.