PDA

View Full Version : Discovery of our country no longer recognized

jrich4rpaul
04-09-2009, 05:27 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513324,00.html

"Fall Weekend" will be taking the place of the holiday formerly known as "Columbus Day" at Brown University this fall.

reduen
04-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Good for them. Way to go Brown..!

TonySutton
04-09-2009, 06:18 AM
If they really believe in it so much they should have classes on Columbus Day, then I would cheer them for having made a statement.

This is nothing more than a pc name game. :(

Danke
04-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Stupid holiday anyway, they should be celebrating Leif Erikson Day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leif_Ericson_Day).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Viking_at_MN_Capitol.jpg

max
04-09-2009, 07:08 AM
marxist scum....yet another assault on western civilization...

does the silver spoon Japanese bitch who organzised this crap realize that if it werent for Europeans opening up trade with japan a mere 150 years ago, she'd be still living in a medieval Japanese fuedal society...instead of agitating at Brown

Crash Martinez
04-09-2009, 07:31 AM
marxist scum....yet another assault on western civilization...

does the silver spoon Japanese bitch who organzised this crap realize that if it werent for Europeans opening up trade with japan a mere 150 years ago, she'd be still living in a medieval Japanese fuedal society...instead of agitating at Brown

What the hell are you talking about??

TastyWheat
04-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Columbus Day is a stupid holiday. It's not like nobody else would've "discovered" America if he didn't (I use quotes because the Native Americans already knew about America). Besides, Columbus was an Italian sailing for Spain. Our nation was settled and founded by primarily British colonists around 300 years later. Columbus is a footnote in American history at best.

Minlawc
04-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't think Columbus had even set foot in what is now the United States. There were probably many other Europeans and that Chinese guy Zheng He that were here before him. Though he may have been the first one to bring European slavery and genocide.

BenIsForRon
04-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Though he may have been the first one to bring European slavery and genocide.

Quoting this one for truth. I could give two shits about Columbus.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't think Columbus had even set foot in what is now the United States. There were probably many other Europeans and that Chinese guy Zheng He that were here before him. Though he may have been the first one to bring European slavery and genocide.

Who can say for certain what might have been in Maybesville? This is why we should replace all teaching of history with that of driving starting with pre-k. This would create far less liars and far more better drivers.

reduen
04-09-2009, 09:22 AM
who can say for certain what might have been in maybesville? This is why we should replace all teaching of history with that of driving starting with pre-k. This would create far less liars and far more better drivers.

+1776