PDA

View Full Version : NEW VIDEO: Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian)

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 02:40 AM
Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U

Just a reminder of who this guy really is.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 02:51 AM
Nothing I distrust more than 3 second clips taken in who knows what context.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 03:01 AM

But you trust Ayn Rand's lunatic theories about middle eastern war adventures being justifiable?

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 03:04 AM
But you trust Ayn Rand's lunatic theories about middle eastern war adventures being justifiable?

I trust my own judgment on how the world works and what I believe, nice projection by you anyway.

People that don't learn from those that are successful are doomed to an eternity of failure. I'd say the Arabs qualify.

idiom
04-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Aw. That video was a bit brutal.

I'd say the Arabs qualify.

They had Empires, they over-extended, they no longer have empires. Who is failing to learn from whom?

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 03:08 AM
Aw. That was a bit brutal.

On my part? I'm not the one who drove his own thread over a cliff.

idiom
04-09-2009, 03:15 AM
On my part? I'm not the one who drove his own thread over a cliff.

Sorry. I edit post post a lot.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Sorry. I edit post post a lot.

Out of respect for the OP I'd be willing to debate the Middle East/ Arabs but not here.
Start a thread and send me a link if you like.

ANd he can bring his personal attacks with him if he cares.

idiom
04-09-2009, 03:22 AM
Meh.

I trust Ron Paul because he has been saying the same thing for forty years. You couldn't vote for a middle-aged person who only discovered liberty in the past month. Glenn Beck could run for Congress in about 2014 if he sticks to the same rhetoric for the entire intervening period.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 03:23 AM
Aw. That video was a bit brutal.

So you wish to reward Beck for his support for the Patriot Act and Bailouts?

idiom
04-09-2009, 03:27 AM
So you wish to reward Beck for his support for the Patriot Act and Bailouts?

No, I was just thinking the FCC wouldn't let you put that on TV :)

Which is silly because it is all ex-tv.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 03:32 AM
I'll bring some meat to the table, give me a minute.

CALLER: I don't believe that they have the responsibility or the knowledge that they for sure have the right person to commit that torture on somebody. Also, the PATRIOT Act is being used against American citizens. The LA Times had an article about a woman on an airplane, had a problem with her child is now being charged with terrorism. So when you give the federal government --
GLENN: Hold on just a second. Hold on. I'm look that story up. Stu, look up the story in the LA Times against a woman and her child flying on the airlines. Let's see what that was all about. You are exactly right, that you don't give the government more power than you want them to have. The PATRIOT Act, the PATRIOT Act just by name alone should have been a warning sign. In the PATRIOT Act there are things that we I believe need to allow the federal government to do for a limited time only and in a very limited scope and I was satisfied by the Sunset provision in the PATRIOT Act. However I'm growing more and more leery of that and that's not because of the Obama administration. That is because of my view on the government and how out of control they are in the last couple of years where I don't -- I no longer trust the government. I think there are -- I think there are a lot of good people in government that are in there fighting, but I also believe with an emergency and an awful lot of power, unscrupulous people can use them in unscrupulous ways. With that being said let me ask you, Mike, what is torture? Because when you say, you know, it's unfair for you to say you're for torture. I'm not for torture. I'm not for pulling anybody's fingernails out or anything like that. So let's define torture. What is torture?

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 03:33 AM
No, I was just thinking the FCC wouldn't let you put that on TV :)

Being rejected by an pointless government bureacracy is a compliment :)

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 03:34 AM
Yes of course his cover is that he only wanted it for a limited time.

That's the standard neocon argument.

There is nothing more permanent that a temporary government program.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 03:38 AM
This interview mentions Ayn Rand so I hit a double on this.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/196/6255/

PeterSchiffVideos
04-09-2009, 03:42 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U

It's about time somebody made something like this. Thank you.

Did you make that video? If so, are you willing to make more? I know some clips that will do far more damage than this video.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Little different context than you present, but these are but a few of the transcripts from Beck's shows. If you are for it when it has a "sunset clause' are you for it forever? Doesn't seem so.

CALLER: Well, tell your audience. I'm sure you like to tell the truth, but that is the truth.

GLENN: We were talking about global warming and I was talking about the PATRIOT Act and said that I don't have a problem with the PATRIOT Act because it has a Sunset. If it didn't have a Sunset, I would have a real problem with the PATRIOT Act. I mean, I have a real problem -- there are times, Jeff, as you know because you are seemingly a scholar here on history. So you know. There are times that your rights as a society, they ebb and flow. They come -- they have a little give depending on what's going on in the world. I'm sure one of your favorite Presidents was FDR. So you know that he gobbled up a lot of things during the second world war and then he released them afterwards, or they were released afterwards. There is an ebb and flow. As long as there is a Sunset, as long as that power is never given to the Government and left out of the hands of the people, as long as it is loaned to the Government and it has a Sunset on it, I don't necessarily have a problem with it when you're in times of strife just like -- and you would know this about Abraham Lincoln when he was ridiculed for getting rid of habeas corpus, but that was something that he felt needed to be done at the time and then came back after the Civil War.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 03:46 AM
It's about time somebody made something like this. Thank you.

Did you make that video? If so, are you willing to make more? I know some clips that will do far more damage than this video.

For sure. If you've got some better incriminating videos then shoot them over. :)

idiom
04-09-2009, 03:50 AM
Little different context than you present, but these are but a few of the transcripts from Beck's shows. If you are for it when it has a "sunset clause' are you for it forever? Doesn't seem so.

CALLER: Well, tell your audience. I'm sure you like to tell the truth, but that is the truth.

GLENN: We were talking about global warming and I was talking about the PATRIOT Act and said that I don't have a problem with the PATRIOT Act because it has a Sunset. If it didn't have a Sunset, I would have a real problem with the PATRIOT Act. I mean, I have a real problem -- there are times, Jeff, as you know because you are seemingly a scholar here on history. So you know. There are times that your rights as a society, they ebb and flow. They come -- they have a little give depending on what's going on in the world. I'm sure one of your favorite Presidents was FDR. So you know that he gobbled up a lot of things during the second world war and then he released them afterwards, or they were released afterwards. There is an ebb and flow. As long as there is a Sunset, as long as that power is never given to the Government and left out of the hands of the people, as long as it is loaned to the Government and it has a Sunset on it, I don't necessarily have a problem with it when you're in times of strife just like -- and you would know this about Abraham Lincoln when he was ridiculed for getting rid of habeas corpus, but that was something that he felt needed to be done at the time and then came back after the Civil War.

Oh wow. He justified his argument by citing FDR. Oh like... I am lost for words.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 03:51 AM
You NEVER give up liberty for security.

If you start saying its ok to give up liberties temporarily during the crisis then people will MAKE crises happen constantly

It leaves you vunerable to false flag. A lamb to the slaughter.

A crisis is when you have to be most vigilent against those who would take your liberty.

What FDR did was disgusting. And his economic policies of purposely reducing production were the most thick headed, moronic policies in the history of government.

The man was a cement head.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Oh wow. He justified his argument by citing FDR. Oh like... I am lost for words.

Actually is justification for the Patriot Act is the sunset clause which he mentioned in both clips.

idiom
04-09-2009, 03:58 AM
Actually is justification for the Patriot Act is the sunset clause which he mentioned in both clips.

You are right, it sunset in 2005. That was lucky. Good thing we don't have to worry about that anymore.

Or Say, FDR's social programs or military industrial complex. Even the Department of War shut up shop when it was no longer needed.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 04:01 AM
My position is that the OP makes claims that are not justified when you look at the context in which they are presented. Not much different than the Daily Kos or other propaganda piece. Like I said I don't trust 3 second clips thrown together by some grade schooler jerking off under the table.

If you want to attack someone like Beck(not too difficult) then present an argument and do it on the up and up. I really don't care what his position is but after watching a rube like Michael Moore and Al Gore with their "documentaries" I look for the truth. I just beat this POS and tossed it in the trash where it belongs.

Personally, I call those that support the Patriot Act in any form or time period, TRAITORS.

But even Beck has a couple redeeming qualities when it comes to taking back America.

Then I recognize how best to utilize my forces to overcome the enemies of MY country.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 04:07 AM
I could criticize him using an articulate article, going through point by point, and have maybe 10 people actually read it...

OR

I could do a short video with some entertainment values, that represents his views accurately anyway, and have a thousand people watch it.

I could also do both. And perhaps I will.

Rangeley
04-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Good idea. Beck is absolutely dangerous when he talks about liberty to his massive audience. Even though we have some common ground and could benefit from these agreements, moving forward in other areas, we should all be putting our time and effort into attacking him rather than capitalize on the common ground. This is a tried and true strategy for success, and I give it a hearty two thumb up.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Good idea. Beck is absolutely dangerous when he talks about liberty to his massive audience. Even though we have some common ground and could benefit from these agreements, moving forward in other areas, we should all be putting our time and effort into attacking him rather than capitalize on the common ground. This is a tried and true strategy for success, and I give it a hearty two thumb up.

If you support him you run the risk of blurring the line between the neocons and libertarians in the Republican Party ........ which will allow a new neocon Republican government to get into power and continue the neocon lunacy.

Rangeley
04-09-2009, 06:50 AM
If I support him? What, is he running for office now? He is a political commentator who is talking about many of the same things we are talking about. Does he have his disagreements with us? Absolutely! But by talking about things like the gold standard, the fed, the Constitution, and liberty, even with disagreements, it makes our job easier by helping to create a new common ground between us and mainstream Republicans.

If in 2012 I knock on a door and canvass for whoever we get behind, and have the person tell me "Well, I agree with you on the need for a currency backed by a commodity, and that governments role is to defend liberty... but I still think we should be overseas," I would say that is a massive improvement over where things were at in 2008, and much easier to then make the case. Call it "blurring the line" if you want, but when the line is blurred its blurred both ways. And its we, not them, that have the consistent beliefs... so I am not worried that it puts us at a disadvantage. And neither should you.

UnReconstructed
04-09-2009, 07:21 AM
great video - thanks for posting

glenn beck and fox news are only being the way they are because there is a democrat president and they want the people to think there is a difference.

if mccain was in there doing the same things that obama is then they would be running out front praising his conservative values. the same with the congress, they would support the congress if republicans are in charge.

they only do this to make people think there are two parties.

Jeremy
04-09-2009, 07:26 AM
Um, he changed his mind on those things.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 08:04 AM

glenn beck and fox news are only being the way they are because there is a democrat president and they want the people to think there is a difference.

if mccain was in there doing the same things that obama is then they would be running out front praising his conservative values. the same with the congress, they would support the congress if republicans are in charge.

You sir, have a great intellect. 100% right.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Um, he changed his mind on those things.

Yeah ..... conveniently when the Democrats got in.

Beck is a actor clown who is being paid large sums by Roger Ailes, to be a mouthpiece for the Neocons and ride them back into power on libertarian ideas.

Then when they get it .... bam ....... you are back to a Neocon program and Beck supporting it.

Why are so many people fooled by him.

He has said IN THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS that Ron Paul is "Kooky" and said he's "Wrong on the war on terrorism" and also said "Alot of Ron Paul's supporters are insane".

And yet you all wanna lick his boots ..... just because you are desperate to think that someone in the MSM supports you.

Its just like Olbermann (who called Ron an anti-semetic in some newspaper article) supporting civil liberties during Bush.

its all fantasy ..... you all live in a fantasy world where Glenn Beck is some hero.

HE IS A LUNATIC CLOWN from the hippodrome.

Jeremy
04-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Yeah ..... conveniently when the Democrats got in.

Beck is a actor clown who is being paid large sums by Roger Ailes, to be a mouthpiece for the Neocons and ride them back into power on libertarian ideas.

Then when they get it .... bam ....... you are back to a Neocon program and Beck supporting it.

Why are so many people fooled by him.

He has said IN THE PAST COUPLE OF WEEKS that Ron Paul is "Kooky" and said he's "Wrong on the war on terrorism" and also said "Alot of Ron Paul's supporters are insane".

And yet you all wanna lick his boots ..... just because you are desperate to think that someone in the MSM supports you.

Its just like Olbermann (who called Ron an anti-semetic in some newspaper article) supporting civil liberties during Bush.

its all fantasy ..... you all live in a fantasy world where Glenn Beck is some hero.

HE IS A LUNATIC CLOWN from the hippodrome.

no, some of the changes he talked about when he had Barr on his show

some of it is even taken out of context

he said "I supported the Patriot Act" (past tense)

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 08:17 AM
no, some of the changes he talked about when he had Barr on his show

some of it is even taken out of context

he said "I supported the Patriot Act" (past tense)

He still supports it. He said so recently on his program.

He supports it as long as the "War on Terror" is being waged. LOL!

I swear ..... Glenn Beck would be the biggest pussy on earth in real life. He is one of these Chicken Hawks. If you put a gun in his hand he'd probably start pissing his pants.

Jeremy
04-09-2009, 08:22 AM
The problem is you people deal in absolutes and can't see that a person might be right sometimes, but wrong other times. I don't understand why you care so much about Glenn Beck.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
The problem is you people deal in absolutes and can't see that a person might be right sometimes, but wrong other times. I don't understand why you care so much about Glenn Beck.

Because he is co-opting thousands of people who should be joining Campaign For Liberty.

His little neocon co-opting tool ..... the so called 9/12 project ....... has thousands of comments from poor duped republicans looking for someone to lead them.

The leader of the Republican Party should be Ron. And people like Glenn beck are preventing that from happening.

Are you so blind as to not see what they are doing?

paulitics
04-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I'll bring some meat to the table, give me a minute.

CALLER: I don't believe that they have the responsibility or the knowledge that they for sure have the right person to commit that torture on somebody. Also, the PATRIOT Act is being used against American citizens. The LA Times had an article about a woman on an airplane, had a problem with her child is now being charged with terrorism. So when you give the federal government --
GLENN: Hold on just a second. Hold on. I'm look that story up. Stu, look up the story in the LA Times against a woman and her child flying on the airlines. Let's see what that was all about. You are exactly right, that you don't give the government more power than you want them to have. The PATRIOT Act, the PATRIOT Act just by name alone should have been a warning sign. In the PATRIOT Act there are things that we I believe need to allow the federal government to do for a limited time only and in a very limited scope and I was satisfied by the Sunset provision in the PATRIOT Act. However I'm growing more and more leery of that and that's not because of the Obama administration. That is because of my view on the government and how out of control they are in the last couple of years where I don't -- I no longer trust the government. I think there are -- I think there are a lot of good people in government that are in there fighting, but I also believe with an emergency and an awful lot of power, unscrupulous people can use them in unscrupulous ways. With that being said let me ask you, Mike, what is torture? Because when you say, you know, it's unfair for you to say you're for torture. I'm not for torture. I'm not for pulling anybody's fingernails out or anything like that. So let's define torture. What is torture?

The problem is that you can't end terrorism. As long as the there is terrorism, than in Glenn Beck's eyes there is a need for the patriot act. You don't think there will be more terrorist attacks, even worse than 911 in the future? What will his position be then?

Glenn thinks the patriot act, military comissions act, wiretapping is what is keeping America safe, which is where he goes wrong. Right now we have never been less safe, because individual liberty has never been so restricted as it is today because of these unconstitutional acts.

Glenn always talks about disenfranchisement, and how this will lead to civil unrest. What he fails to explain is that it is the government's encroachment of individual liberty that is causing this disenfranchisement. It is causing this socially, and economically, and the people are getting more and more pissed.

Glenn has a tendancy to trust the government with overreaching powers during a time of crisis, thinking the government is going to do the right thing, than give that power back at the right time. This is beyond naive and dangerous, and is exactly what our founding fathers warned us against.

All that matters is what Glenn Beck's philosophy is during a time of crisis, not after...and Beck has proven to be a coward that wants to hand over liberty for some temporary security, which as we know we end up with neither.

RevolutionSD
04-09-2009, 09:15 AM

I know what you're saying but let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. Rand had so many amazing things to say, and I agree her warmongering was not one of them.

Beck is just a tool.

RevolutionSD
04-09-2009, 09:17 AM
Because he is co-opting thousands of people who should be joining Campaign For Liberty.

His little neocon co-opting tool ..... the so called 9/12 project ....... has thousands of comments from poor duped republicans looking for someone to lead them.

The leader of the Republican Party should be Ron. And people like Glenn beck are preventing that from happening.

Problem is, the republican party is dead, as it should be. We shouldn't be worried about what parties are doing here. Parties are not going to lead us to freedom, EVER.

Rangeley
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM

If McCain won, things would certainly different, sure. In my personal opinion, it would have made it much harder for us to make ground changing the party, much like it was in 2008 when the baggage of the Bush years severely altered what people thought the Republican party stood for.

But McCain lost. Now people who might otherwise be defending the baggage and making the job of anyone who stands for actual principles much harder, these same people are, for whatever reason, coming to agree to us on an array of issues. How is this a bad thing? The advantage of having the Republican party out of power is that people are looking for solutions - the disadvantage of having the Republican party in power was people were less willing to re-analyze. The idea that their willingness to re-analyze now is a bad thing just does not compute.

You are being severely, and I mean severely, condescending to people in this movement and even libertarianism if you think we can be "co-opted" or "hijacked" as some others have put it previously. If people are being drawn to Beck when he says the two parties have lied to us - are essentially the same not only in actuality but even on the political spectrum - and are drawn to his idea that we need to move radically away from what they are offering and towards freedom - this is not a bad thing. Again, it just does not compute.

If people are looking for these things, and going to Beck - a political commentator - because he is talking about them, he is making it easier for a political leader to come along who speaks to these same desires by showing them there are others like them who feel similarly. Even if they don't agree on everything.

kombayn
04-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Glenn Beck is fucking crazy and addicted to pain-killers like his buddy Rush Limbaugh. Glenn Beck is just like Alex Jones, they're sensationalists and they sell feel & paranoia to others, people eat that shit right up too. Glenn Beck was calling our support groups insane and we're crazy. He just realized eventually, "Hey, I can make money of these people."

Zera
04-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Glenn Beck knows people like us don't have a voice in the media. So, he tries to lure us in with his bullshit, trying to manipulate us for the ratings. He's a lunatic, idiot, and far from anyone we can trust. I just find it sad that anyone who is in our movement could take him seriously at all, let alone defend him when he's called out.

Chieftain1776
04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Glenn Beck knows people like us don't have a voice in the media. So, he tries to lure us in with his bullshit, trying to manipulate us for the ratings. He's a lunatic, idiot, and far from anyone we can trust. I just find it sad that anyone who is in our movement could take him seriously at all, let alone defend him when he's called out.

I agree with this and the other posters. It's a way to draw in libertarians and sell them on neocon foreign policy as necessary to "Defense" of the country. Many libertarians that aren't as well read as us will probably go along with Beck thinking it has to be that way. It's pretty unfortunate though. I just hope enough RP supporters can engage them and convince them otherwise.

Chieftain1776
04-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Oh and here's (http://www.foxnews.com/video/index.html?playerId=videolandingpage&streamingFormat=FLASH&referralObject=4263722&referralPlaylistId=7d5c39e633ccf8113bd2cce634b1447 d3376587d) Beck frothing at the mouth over pirates.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 04:42 PM

How immoral are you to suggest what other people SHOULD do. Screaming at them won't change their minds, enlightening them might. Bashing someone they look to for answers won't make your position look better to them, it will however make most reject you for yours.

Do you think you'll get more people that follow James Carville or Glenn Beck to switch to your ideals? Now think carefully of how you'd accomplish that task.
I'd play nice with Beck so I could get my message out, instead of attacking him and being rejected by his show. SO what, as to his ideology if you can confront him on a level playing field and argue ideologies in a logical, methodical manner. It might open voters minds to the alternatives you promote.

Catch more Flies with honey.

nbruno322
04-09-2009, 04:49 PM
Obviously we should take everything Glenn says with large grain of salt. The man is far from perfect. But, we would be fools not to at the very least leverage him to gain more people to the Constitution. Dealing with Beck should not have to be treated as if it is a black or white matter.

Theocrat
04-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I can't help thinking some of those clips in the video were taken out of context. Even if Beck did support the Patriot Act, Bush's foreign policy, and the bailout, that doesn't mean he supports those things now. People can change their minds, after all. If he was such a neocon, then why would he have Congressman Paul on his show multiple times, when the neocons in the GOP would fight to keep Dr. Paul out of debates? We have to give Beck some credit here.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Obviously we should take everything Glenn says with large grain of salt. The man is far from perfect. But, we would be fools not to at the very least leverage him to gain more people to the Constitution. Dealing with Beck should not have to be treated as if it is a black or white matter.

Thank you, and an intelligent person recognizes that Glenn Beck is SELLING a product.

mediahasyou
04-09-2009, 05:29 PM
guys

let go of it...

johnrocks
04-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I always kinda considered him a neo libertarian sort of like Boortz or Ted nugent.

pcosmar
04-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Always remember, And never forget.
http://tmh.floonet.net/articles/cia_press.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation, aimed at serving an agenda. Even if the message conveys true information, it may be partisan and fail to paint a complete picture. The book Propaganda And Persuasion defines propaganda as "the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."

donnay
04-09-2009, 06:17 PM
Glen Beck put it simply is a traitor.

ItsTime
04-09-2009, 06:19 PM
I think people are missing the point here. They (GB and Fox) think they can control this movement. They are mistaken. The brush fires are lit and they are only feeding the flames in hopes to have a control burn. It is not going to happen.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 06:28 PM
I think people are missing the point here. They (GB and Fox) think they can control this movement. They are mistaken. The brush fires are lit and they are only feeding the flames in hopes to have a control burn. It is not going to happen.

Me thinks Fox is the only station covering the Tea Parties.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Me thinks Fox is the only station covering the Tea Parties.

Don't you remember how FOX treated Ron during the campaign?

Excluding him from debates, asking him ridiculous debate questions, smearing him etc etc

People are quick to forget that Roger Ailes has his agenda and that agenda doesn't change from year to year.

FOX are doing what they are doing to make sure Ron doesn't take over the GOP and to ensure the neocons get back into government.

Zera
04-09-2009, 06:50 PM
Anything Fox does right now is done simply to be anti Obama, i.e. defeating the purpose. I guarantee you if it was McCain, they wouldn't give two shits, and would probably be calling people who disagree with him anti-American.

Objectivist
04-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Don't you remember how FOX treated Ron during the campaign?

Excluding him from debates, asking him ridiculous debate questions, smearing him etc etc

People are quick to forget that Roger Ailes has his agenda and that agenda doesn't change from year to year.

FOX are doing what they are doing to make sure Ron doesn't take over the GOP and to ensure the neocons get back into government.

Yeah I remember how they treated him and it pissed me off, but fighting with them isn't getting the message out, is it? Maybe RP should show up at the Alamo where Beck will be on the 15th/ Tea Party.

Rangeley
04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Anything Fox does right now is done simply to be anti Obama, i.e. defeating the purpose. I guarantee you if it was McCain, they wouldn't give two shits, and would probably be calling people who disagree with him anti-American.
You are probably right. It would have made our job much harder if McCain had won. But he didn't... so we make our job harder anyways by not working with people now willing to find common ground and agreement with us?

pcosmar
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
You are probably right. It would have made our job much harder if McCain had won. But he didn't... so we make our job harder anyways by not working with people now willing to find common ground and agreement with us?

How do you "work together" or "Find Common Ground" with Hermann Göring?

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation, aimed at serving an agenda. Even if the message conveys true information, it may be partisan and fail to paint a complete picture. The book Propaganda And Persuasion defines propaganda as "the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."

TheConstitutionLives
04-09-2009, 07:22 PM

+1

donnay
04-09-2009, 07:26 PM
How do you "work together" or "Find Common Ground" with Hermann Göring?

Or Sigmund Freud's nephew Edward L. Bernays.

Joe3113
04-09-2009, 07:39 PM
+1

How is "I support the PATRIOT Act" taken out of context?

That is an explicit statement that everybody here should disagree with and should indicate to you the true motives of people like Glenn Beck.

pcosmar
04-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Always remember, And never forget.
http://tmh.floonet.net/articles/cia_press.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda

I think I need to keep repeating this till folks "get it". :(

Joe3113
04-10-2009, 12:16 AM
I think I need to keep repeating this till folks "get it". :(

Exactly. It's the false left-right paradigm. You co-opt the true patriots by using specific language but not going the full way.

The problem they have is that it is hard to keep doing it over many Republican-Democrat cycles. Eventually people get it.

Jeremy
04-10-2009, 12:25 AM

co-opting? have you gone mad? If somebody supports liberty they wouldn't be dumb enough to drop it all for the sake of a guy on TV

Rangeley
04-10-2009, 12:42 AM
co-opting? have you gone mad? If somebody supports liberty they wouldn't be dumb enough to drop it all for the sake of a guy on TV
Its almost like some people think liberty is a flimsy idea. This does describe something well, but its neoconservatism, not liberty. You can't "co-opt" those who support liberty with neoconservatism, any more than you can co-opt someone who has perfect vision by offering them myopia. It doesn't work that way.

Joe3113
04-10-2009, 01:13 AM
Its almost like some people think liberty is a flimsy idea. This does describe something well, but its neoconservatism, not liberty. You can't "co-opt" those who support liberty with neoconservatism, any more than you can co-opt someone who has perfect vision by offering them myopia. It doesn't work that way.

ummm ..... have you heard of this thing called the Iraq War.

Started in 2002 and most of us in the "Coalition of the Willing" supported it.

Dripping Rain
04-10-2009, 02:15 AM
great thread curlz and a good video. could be better though

people who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it. ive had many friends. ive never kept a friend around who proved to me that hes a liar a double crosser or a fraud. i dont understand the personality cult mentality and the hype over tv personalities who prove that theyre not my friends. get over it people. do something productive

edit: i forgot to mention that none of those narcissist friends i booted where alcoholic drug abusers. which is a plus for them. please stop with the pundit worshipping. they only care about ratings

Rangeley
04-10-2009, 07:55 AM
ummm ..... have you heard of this thing called the Iraq War.

Started in 2002 and most of us in the "Coalition of the Willing" supported it.
I think I've heard of it, but I don't see the relevance.

Conza88
04-13-2009, 02:27 AM
"Objectivist" who is being any but Objective.

Read this (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=177088). Then stfu.

Objectivist
04-13-2009, 02:33 AM

Can't stand anyone asking questions?

Conza88
04-13-2009, 03:07 AM
Can't stand anyone asking questions?

Can't stand brain dead, idiotic attempts at answers.

But essentially - if you'd like to point out a specific question, I can better individually respond as too whether it is deemed as simply idiotic, or clinically retarded.

Probably the latter. ;)

tonesforjonesbones
04-13-2009, 07:03 AM
I bet I could splice anything to make anyone seem different than they really are. STOP being jealous of GLENN BECK. He is bringing MILLIONS and MILLIONS to liberty..abeit slowly, but it's best to use Beck as a tool...he's layin the groundwork..and who knows? Many of these just MIGHT join C4L...once they understand what's really going on. Beck can touch those Ron Paul can not get to because the zionists ruined Ron Paul during the primaries...Beck has had Ron Paul on his show more than ANY OTHER msm pundit. tones

Pennsylvania
04-13-2009, 07:28 AM
Cool vid. Next please make a montage of everytime Glenn Beck has cried on air. Please don't forget to include the clip where he is "touched" because God found him a job.

acptulsa
04-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Cool vid. Next please make a montage of everytime Glenn Beck has cried on air. Please don't forget to include the clip where he is "touched" because God found him a job.

The question is, do we hold it over his head like a Sword of Damocles and slice and dice him as soon as he springs the trap he's laying for us, or do we decide to avoid the Christmas rush and do him in before then?

awake
04-13-2009, 08:12 AM
I once believed that military service should be compulsory - I changed my mind. Should I be held to those views? Of course not, Human action and freedom to choose are the key factors here. I was wrong and I see why now. Glenn may be still a little 'Neocon' but at least he is shifting his views.

Not to worry we are all watching... his actions will bear his true intentions, just as ours will.

acptulsa
04-13-2009, 08:18 AM
Not to worry we are all watching... his actions will bear his true intentions, just as ours will.

I still say that Beck's actions will reveal Murdoch's true intentions, not Beck's own. Beck is in it for the check.

Josh_LA
04-13-2009, 07:01 PM
Can't stand brain dead, idiotic attempts at answers.

But essentially - if you'd like to point out a specific question, I can better individually respond as too whether it is deemed as simply idiotic, or clinically retarded.

Probably the latter. ;)

Is there somebody you disagree with that isn't retarded or idiotic?

Josh_LA
04-13-2009, 07:04 PM

reading Conza's gospel will make one objective & silent, did I get that right?

Conza88
04-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Is there somebody you disagree with that isn't retarded or idiotic?

Yeah, this guy..

http://b6.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00925/67/83/925713876_l.jpg

NAaaaah, kidding... he obviously is too. ;)

reading Conza's gospel will make one objective & silent, did I get that right?

No you didn't. Which isn't anything unusual. There isn't much that you DO get.

eOs
04-13-2009, 09:44 PM
lol @ conza touting that half a page analysis on the MSM
lol @ the same old network reeling everyone in
lol @ arguing over this

RideTheDirt
04-13-2009, 10:52 PM

this pissed me off.

SimpleName
04-15-2009, 09:32 PM
I am sick and tired of these Glenn Beck threads, especially the ones about Beck being a neocon. We GOT it...you guys don't trust him. You don't need to go out of your way to make threads about it multiple times a week. It is as if we have forgotten when we were neocons or liberals or whatever. Some people will not understand why we want legalization of drugs and prostitution because they have dedicated too much time in their life to being adamantly against such things. It takes a long time to get over previous notions that were so strongly a part of your values. He obviously doesn't get the message yet, whether that be because he never has or he is truly in transition to libertarianism. But I'm sure this post will not change a thing.

brandon
04-15-2009, 09:39 PM
Good video, although I wouldn't call Beck a neocon.

I sure as shit wouldn't call him a libertarian or a conservative either.

I think the best word to describe him is the word Ron Paul used, "demagogue". The man has no political philosophy, and he doesn't want one. He just wants power and fame. He's an entertainer.

Don't Tread on Mike
04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
Glen Beck is going on a comedy tour. I dont like the sound of it. But I dont think he is a neocon. He has been doing a great job lately on his show and did great today at the Alamo. Sure he may have said stupid stuff in the past and that means absolutely nothing he is new to this revolution. If someone supported McCain and just recently learned the truth as we know it and joined these forums would we call them a neocon? I think Beck is learning and needs some more time riding this bull and soon enough we will se where he will fall.

Conza88
04-20-2009, 07:00 AM
bump :D

tonesforjonesbones
04-20-2009, 07:14 AM
The little huffington posters here are mad at Glenn Beck because he's gaining ground..well..too bad. Go splice some sound bites on Obama for a change..OH you won't do it because you are closet Obama bots. Tones

Conza88
08-19-2009, 12:07 AM
;)

revolutionary8
08-19-2009, 12:52 AM
As an FBI informant/CIA operative...

However, I will defend his right of free speech, and I have been writing my ass off, especially to Whole Foods-
Whole Foods has been under attack for a while now, as they are one of the biggest/best suppliers of Organic and Nautural GOOD foods in all of America.

It is my belief that Whole Foods is one of the biggest targets and will prove to be canon fodder..
I would urge everyone to write them with their words of support. I could give a shit less where they advertise, they could advertise on the side of a porn shop for all I care, I REALLY like their products/services.

as an aside, yes, brutal video, even though edited- it does portray the short story of our "fair weathered friend", and I appreciate the work. Let's hope the creator of the video isn't used as a pwn of some sort (for lack of a better word).

I don't know if Obama is a racist, but can you imagine how much energy it would take us to focus and "boycott!" on every single sponsor of every single neoCon/Lib that called (insert name) a "racist"?
I mean really... That word is tossed like salad these days.

Contact your local store:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/company/service.php

Forums:
http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/forums/index.php

(DailyCIAs FP and rec diary list has had SEVERAL calls for attack on Whole Foods as well as many other neolib hubs, and don't get me started on the Monsanto connection :D)

RM918
08-19-2009, 09:07 AM
The little huffington posters here are mad at Glenn Beck because he's gaining ground..well..too bad. Go splice some sound bites on Obama for a change..OH you won't do it because you are closet Obama bots. Tones

Depressingly the same sort of language I've heard out of kneejerk reactionaries ON Huffington Post, after attempting a disappointing run at knocking some sense into the misbegotten horde. As has been stated many times, Beck has /proven/ himself questionable at best. Everyone here who watched the campaign knows how arduous it was to deal with Paul's opposition in '08, and how easily and dumbly people will spin themselves about on opinion.

Beck has proven /nothing/ except a sudden change in rhetoric when a Dem took power. He hasn't criticized other GOPers. He hasn't directly stood up for guys like Kostric. He hasn't even stood up for Paul. Everything he does is still in rigid defense of the Republican mainstream, but he's doing it in a way to attract a broader audience because his main audience crashed and burned in '08. I have not a single doubt in my mind that Beck's rhetoric will, yet again, quite /conveniently/ switch back to neocon when they retake power.

Liberty Star
08-19-2009, 10:43 AM

YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U)

Beck is mothership of a neocon and paid liar.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2005029&postcount=2

purplechoe
08-19-2009, 01:37 PM

You're a fucking moron!!! Go read a book or something, turn the idiot box off.