PDA

View Full Version : END THE FED - amazon.com

0zzy
04-08-2009, 10:06 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SyG0p-TiL._SS500_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0446549193/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp)

About the Author
Ron Paul, an eleven-term congressman from Texas, is the leading advocate of freedom in our nation's capital. He has devoted his political career to the defense of individual liberty, sound money, and a non-interventionist foreign policy. Judge Andrew Napolitano calls him "the Thomas Jefferson of our day."

After serving as a flight surgeon in the U.S. Air Force in the 1960s, Dr. Paul moved to Texas to begin a civilian medical practice, delivering over four thousand babies in his career as an obstetrician. He served in Congress from 1976 to 1984, and again from 1996 to the present. He and Carol Paul, his wife of fifty-one years, have five children, eighteen grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.

Ron Paul, the New York Post once wrote, is a politician who "cannot be bought by special interests."

"There are few people in public life who, through thick and thin, rain or shine, stick to their principles," added a congressional colleague. "Ron Paul is one of those few."

# Hardcover: 170 pages
# Publisher: Grand Central Publishing (September 16, 2009)
# Language: English
# ISBN-10: 0446549193
# ISBN-13: 978-0446549196

TastyWheat
04-09-2009, 09:12 AM
I'll buy it for sure, but that's got to be his worst book cover ever.

Jeremy
04-09-2009, 10:00 AM

nah, it's not ok

Not as good as Revolution cover though

KCIndy
04-09-2009, 10:20 AM

I'll be sure to pre-order it to support Dr. Paul.....

But you're right. With the vast oceans of talent out there, one would think our favorite congressman would be able to come up with some sharper, more attention-getting book covers.

I mean, there must be thousands of talented artist/designers out here in RonPaulForums.com, CampaignForLiberty.com etc etc.

dannno
04-09-2009, 10:41 AM
I think most people sheople would make a double-take at the cover.. I think it's pretty good.

V4Vendetta
04-09-2009, 11:37 AM

Yeah, that book cover is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds of that Disgustingly awful N.H. commercial the campaign ran during the primary.

This is the same thing, only in book-cover form.

ChaosControl
04-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't see what is bad about the cover...

tmg19103
04-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Yup, get a new cover before release.

0zzy
04-09-2009, 03:59 PM
I like the book cover, I don't see anything wrong with it. :X
Maybe I'm just a weirdo?

JoshLowry
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Yea, I think it's alright... *shrug*

libertygrl
04-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Funny to hear these negative comments about the book cover. Sounds similar to some voters' attitudes I heard about Ron Paul during the Presidential primaries: "but he doesn't look Presidential... now that Mitt Romney.. HE looks Presidential!"

Remember.. you can't judge a book by its cover! ;0

JeNNiF00F00
04-09-2009, 06:55 PM
The book cover looks unprofessional. It looks cheap and thrown together. If we want to be taken seriously then things like this need to be more professional looking.

Eric21ND
04-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Love the Title...

Hate the cover art...looks ameteurish

Mandrik
04-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I actually like the book cover. I saw that and thought, "Oh man, there's something that would stand out in a bookstore." /shrug

MRoCkEd
04-09-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/end-the-fed-banner.gif (http://www.dailypaul.com/files/images/end-the-fed-banner.gif)

thasre
04-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I think the cover is tasteful. I get sick of seeing these flashy covers that look sort of infomercial-y on books that are clearly intended to be read once and then discarded or forgotten about. Go back and look at book covers that looked "cool" 10 years ago. They really suck. This "End the Fed" cover art isn't exactly a Saul Bass creation... but it's perfectly acceptable, and it won't look dated in ten years.

Jace
04-09-2009, 09:57 PM

H Roark
04-10-2009, 01:48 AM

+1 looks like it was made entirely on MS paint. I think its a damn shame how they have neglected the book cover - it should be as worthy as the pages contained within it. I had the same gripe about the book cover on The Creature From Jekyll Island, I sincerely believe it is not as accepted as it should be just because of the cover design.

But is it possible that the cover we're seeing is only tentative?

0zzy
04-10-2009, 01:50 AM
+1 looks like it was made entirely on MS paint. I think its a damn shame how they have neglected the book cover - it should be as worthy as the pages contained within it. I had the same gripe about the book cover on The Creature From Jekyll Island, I sincerely believe it is not as accepted as it should be just because of the cover design.

But is it possible that the cover we're seeing is only tentative?

the creature from jekyll island is much worse :)
i dont think this one is as bad as you guys make it out to be. but sure, change it, make it sexy. i like the concept though.

H Roark
04-10-2009, 01:58 AM
Grand Central Publishing - grandcentralpublishing@hbgusa.com

AggieforPaul
04-10-2009, 02:37 AM
I'm really excited. There's going to be a lot of people not yet in the movement who will get to hear the case against the Fed laid out clearly to them for the first time.

V4Vendetta
04-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Funny to hear these negative comments about the book cover. Sounds similar to some voters' attitudes I heard about Ron Paul during the Presidential primaries: "but he doesn't look Presidential... now that Mitt Romney.. HE looks Presidential!"

Remember.. you can't judge a book by its cover! ;0
That point is still true. If Ron Paul had Mitt Romneys looks, he would have won.

MRoCkEd
04-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Grand Central Publishing - grandcentralpublishing@hbgusa.com
Yeah, it's not too late to change it

thasre
04-10-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm going to point out that authors generally have no say over what their cover looks like, so anyone who thinks the cover makes Ron Paul or the C4L look "amateurish" is pointing the finger at the wrong party.

I actually refused to read a book I was assigned in middle school because I couldn't stand to have to look at the cover when I closed the book, and I blamed the author for it. Later, I met the author and, unprompted, she proceeded to bring up the exact book and she just savaged the cover. She pointed out every single thing that I hated about it. Then I felt bad because she was as disappointed as much as I was, and here I had blamed her. In all fairness, though, I don't think she was that great of a writer anyway. She wrote young adult fantasy... barf.

The moral of the story is: Don't blame Ron Paul if you don't like the cover art!
(Don't worry, I notice that people are linking to the publisher...)

EDIT: I found the author's website and there's a page on the book I refused to read. They've apparently redone the cover art, but they have both images on the website if you want to have a look-see. The sheer horror of the cover unfortunately can't be conveyed in such a reduced size, however. http://www.vivianvandevelde.com/bookDetail.cfm?BookId=25

reduen
04-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Just ordered mine and don't care what the cover looks like.. lol

AutoDas
04-10-2009, 10:15 AM
What's the font used for the cover? That's the only thing I like about it. It should be white font on a black background and maybe a better composition of the Fed in the background.

IPSecure
04-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #268 in Books

Should be #1 by now...

V4Vendetta
04-10-2009, 10:49 AM
This Cover, is seriously going to hurt sales. And Yes Ron Paul has EVERY say so about the cover. MORON

0zzy
04-10-2009, 03:25 PM
This Cover, is seriously going to hurt sales. And Yes Ron Paul has EVERY say so about the cover. MORON

ya. you're cool.

amonasro
04-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Seriously, stop whining about the book cover. It catches the eye and will stand out in a bookstore. Big gold letters, a tiny crumbling building? It's fine. Very symbolic actually. If any of you could have done better, start a thread and get crackin'.

Mandrik
04-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I think the lettering, both color & design, is supposed to look like the lettering on a dollar bill. Maybe I'm just seeing things, but that's what it makes me think of.