PDA

View Full Version : Obama wants to block sun rays

A. Havnes
04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Yep, it's part of his plan to end global warming (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513242,00.html).

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Print ShareThisWASHINGTON — The president's new science adviser said Wednesday that global warming is so dire, the Obama administration is discussing radical technologies to cool Earth's air.

John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed.

One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

"It's got to be looked at," he said. "We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table."

Holdren outlined several "tipping points" involving global warming that could be fast approaching.

Once such milestones are reached, such as complete loss of summer sea ice in the Arctic, it increases chances of "really intolerable consequences," he said.

Twice in a half-hour interview, Holdren compared global warming to being "in a car with bad brakes driving toward a cliff in the fog."

At first, Holdren characterized the potential need to technologically tinker with the climate as just his personal view. However, he went on to say he has raised it in administration discussions.

Holdren, a 65-year-old physicist, is far from alone in taking geoengineering more seriously.

The National Academy of Science is making climate tinkering the subject of its first workshop in its new multidiscipline climate challenges program.

The British parliament has also discussed the idea.

The American Meteorological Society is crafting a policy statement on geoengineering that says "it is prudent to consider geoengineering's potential, to understand its limits and to avoid rash deployment."

Last week, Princeton scientist Robert Socolow told the National Academy that geoengineering should be an available option in case climate worsens dramatically.

But Holdren noted that shooting particles into the air — making an artificial volcano as one Nobel laureate has suggested — could have grave side effects and would not completely solve all the problems from soaring greenhouse gas emissions.

So such actions could not be taken lightly, he said.

Still, "we might get desperate enough to want to use it," he added.

Another geoengineering option he mentioned was the use of so-called artificial trees to suck carbon dioxide — the chief human-caused greenhouse gas — out of the air and store it.

At first that seemed prohibitively expensive, but a re-examination of the approach shows it might be less costly, he said.

All I have to say is, I cringe in the face of such sheer stupidity.

idiom
04-08-2009, 08:12 PM
It would work on Venus and the opposite would help Mars.

If humans are not causing climate change, then large engineering projects are the logic step in moderating Earths Climate.

angelatc
04-08-2009, 08:13 PM
This reminds me of the suggestions during the 1970s that coal dust be spread over the polar ice caps to help cause them to melt. Of course, back then the concern was a new global ice age.

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/

idiom
04-08-2009, 08:18 PM
If that stuff scares you, then a Dyson Sphere (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere) would freak you right out.

fletcher
04-08-2009, 08:27 PM
It would work on Venus and the opposite would help Mars.

If humans are not causing climate change, then large engineering projects are the logic step in moderating Earths Climate.

I hope you were being sarcastic. I can think of nothing more terrifying than enormous government engineering projects that would effect the entire climate. That is a sure way to extinction.

A. Havnes
04-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I hope you were being sarcastic. I can think of nothing more terrifying than enormous government engineering projects that would effect the entire climate. That is a sure way to extinction.

+1. It sure as heck wouldn't be any Camelot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCtselIX4yg), that's for sure! The earth would suffer not from natural climate change, but from an unnatural standstill in the change.

"The crown has made it clear; the climate must be perfect all year." -- King Arthur

RSLudlum
04-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Well, at least this proposal might help the candlemakers' business. ;)

The Candle Makers Petition (http://www.econlib.org/library/Bastiat/basSoph3.html)by Frederic Bastiat

We are suffering from the ruinous competition of a rival who apparently works under conditions so far superior to our own for the production of light that he is flooding the domestic market with it at an incredibly low price; for the moment he appears, our sales cease, all the consumers turn to him, and a branch of French industry whose ramifications are innumerable is all at once reduced to complete stagnation. This rival, which is none other than the sun, is waging war on us so mercilessly we suspect he is being stirred up against us by perfidious Albion (excellent diplomacy nowadays!), particularly because he has for that haughty island a respect that he does not show for us [1].

We ask you to be so good as to pass a law requiring the closing of all windows, dormers, skylights, inside and outside shutters, curtains, casements, bull's-eyes, deadlights, and blinds -- in short, all openings, holes, chinks, and fissures through which the light of the sun is wont to enter houses, to the detriment of the fair industries with which, we are proud to say, we have endowed the country, a country that cannot, without betraying ingratitude, abandon us today to so unequal a combat.

Be good enough, honourable deputies, to take our request seriously, and do not reject it without at least hearing the reasons that we have to advance in its support.

continue reading here (http://www.econlib.org/library/Bastiat/basSoph3.html)

Original_Intent
04-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Well, at least this proposal might help the candlemakers' business. ;)

The Candle Makers Petition (http://www.econlib.org/library/Bastiat/basSoph3.html)by Frederic Bastiat

The law of unintended consequences...the hubris of these people...unbelievable.

Dripping Rain
04-08-2009, 08:55 PM
geoengineering the climate? lmao
what a load of bullsh*t

idiom
04-08-2009, 08:57 PM
geoengineering the climate? lmao
what a load of bullsh*t

It crops up pretty reguarly. Blame Malthus.

RSLudlum
04-08-2009, 09:01 PM
So they are now taking the Keynsian economic intervention approach and applying it to their global warming solution....It's quite interesting that the statists like using the 'car' analogy so much.

Twice in a half-hour interview, Holdren compared global warming to being "in a car with bad brakes driving toward a cliff in the fog."

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-08-2009, 09:08 PM
John Holdren told The Associated Press in his first interview since being confirmed last month that the idea of geoengineering the climate is being discussed.

One such extreme option includes shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. Holdren said such an experimental measure would only be used as a last resort.

"It's got to be looked at," he said. "We don't have the luxury of taking any approach off the table."

Holdren outlined several "tipping points" involving global warming that could be fast approaching.

Oh thats fucking brilliant. :rolleyes: Hey ASSHOLE, we DONT need a fucking ICE AGE! Some of these jackasses need to be held accountable for uttering stupidity of this sort when its done on our dime. NOTHING gives the government the power to do this as it would affect the ENTIRE WORLD!

LATruth
04-08-2009, 09:15 PM
I've read a lot about this, some claim aluminum oxide and barium stearate are the compounds being administered in the stratosphere due to their reflectivity.

Others believe they are using "global warming" as a cover to saturate the air with these metallic compounds. Why you ask? H.A.A.R.P. (http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/)

HAARP, along with legislation not designed to foster pleasant or productive weather, but planned as tool of weaponized weather control, already well tested and in use since 1976.

LINK (http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=7561)

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8990/ovhead9388337.jpg

Ninja Homer
04-08-2009, 09:32 PM
So now "chemtrails" (big conspiracy theory, and I'm not saying whether I believe it or not) are a good thing?

Working Poor
04-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I wonder what man made thing is causing the magnetic polar shift?

LATruth
04-08-2009, 09:34 PM
It's not untrue that they are putting aluminum oxide and barium stearate in the air, the question is why. Is it HAARP? Is it to curb global warming? is it both? They are doing it though. The term chemtrail does carry a stigma with it for those that like to claim "conspiracy" to everything. Even the word "conspiracy" has grown to have a stigma attached.

Thank the government for controlling our language in such a way that it now controls thought, and what we should say due to predisposed ideas of what "conspiracy" really means.

Just don't tell me HAARP doesn't exist and it's a conspiracy too.

RSLudlum
04-08-2009, 09:38 PM

Could it be shifting to offset the giant mass of negative energy located in DC?

pcosmar
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM
Could it be shifting to offset the giant mass of negative energy located in DC?

LOL :cool:

LATruth
04-08-2009, 09:40 PM

No people can cause that, just the Chandler Wobble (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandler_wobble).

Zippyjuan
04-09-2009, 12:59 AM
Holdren added that it was his own idea and not necessarily that of the administration (in the AP version of the story- not the Fox one). He also in the Fox piece said ;

But Holdren noted that shooting particles into the air — making an artificial volcano as one Nobel laureate has suggested — could have grave side effects and would not completely solve all the problems from soaring greenhouse gas emissions.

So such actions could not be taken lightly, he said.

OptionsTrader
04-09-2009, 01:26 AM
Just another example of why large fascist governments are a bad thing.

A. Havnes
04-09-2009, 07:36 AM
Just another example of why large fascist governments are a bad thing.

Oh, but they're going to thrust us into an ice age and save the planet and animals! Well, except for the desert and other warm climate ones... /sarcasm

Pepsi
04-09-2009, 07:39 AM
That would kill the plants, they need those sun rays

acptulsa
04-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Great. We think we caused a problem through ignorance, so we're going to do something that is intended to have a massive effect even though we're hardly less ignorant when we inadvertantly caused the problem (maybe). This isn't hubris, it's outright arrogance--the most dangerous kind.

I'm waiting for the liberals to remove smog controls from cars because the theory is that we didn't see the effects of all of this CO2 until we stopped emitting particulates, and the particulates cut the sun's rays (offsetting the greenhouse effect). Wouldn't you laugh (at least for half a second) to hear them proclaim that pollution is good for the environment?

sevin
04-09-2009, 07:53 AM
http://www.noiselabs.com/blog/images/mrburns.gif

Carole
04-09-2009, 08:07 AM
These people are insane. They think they can "block" the sun's rays? DUH! They think they SHOULD try to interfere with photosynthesis?????????????

IT IS NOT NICE TO INTERFERE WITH MOTHER NATURE!!! :mad:

U.S. Senate Report Debunks “Consensus” - Over 400 Prominent Scientists Dispute Man-Made Global Warming
http://www.globalwarminghoax.com/news.php?extend.45.2

Sometimes I just want to pull their toupees off and shove them down their throats.

Carole
04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
If these idiots really wanted to do something useful, instead of power-grabbing, they would perhaps want to look into the permanent disposal of nuclear waste, a true man-made concern.

But NO. They will ignore that and proceed headlong into micromanaging our climate--if only they think they can. They have taken a phony issue and are trying to demagogue it to death for power and in the process, destroy our planet.

IMPEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!These Bastards!!!

TastyWheat
04-09-2009, 09:10 AM
This reminds me of a movie plot. Still waiting for robots to attack us.

tangent4ronpaul
04-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Oh common guys... the answer is so obvious it's not funny. The Obama Administration could kill 4 birds with one stone by simply launching a percentage of our nuclear stockpile. That would fulfill a number of their objectives:

1) Lower the temperature of the planet - Yeah Nuclear Winter!
2) Take care of some of those "pesky" countries like Iran and N. Korea.
3) Reduce the worldwide stockpile of nuclear weapons.
and
4) Reduce the world population by 90% due to fallout.

-t

acptulsa
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
2) Take care of some of those "pesky" countries like Iran and N. Korea.

Nope, no good. The Military Industrial Complex would get no sales that way.

ramallamamama
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Chemtrails are good because Obama says so.

tangent4ronpaul
04-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Nope, no good. The Military Industrial Complex would get no sales that way.

hmmm... good point. Well, maybe nuke a couple of underground volcano's. Hay, new islands - and real estate is valuable!

I mean what are a few earthquakes and tsunami's between friends?

-t

ramallamamama
04-09-2009, 09:41 AM
This reminds me of a movie plot. Still waiting for robots to attack us.
Oh don't worry you wont have to wait long.

Pentagon has sights on robot soldiers (http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050216/news_1n16robot.html)

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050216/images/robot430.gif

Original_Intent
04-09-2009, 09:53 AM
Great. We think we caused a problem through ignorance, so we're going to do something that is intended to have a massive effect even though we're hardly less ignorant when we inadvertantly caused the problem (maybe). This isn't hubris, it's outright arrogance--the most dangerous kind.

I'm waiting for the liberals to remove smog controls from cars because the theory is that we didn't see the effects of all of this CO2 until we stopped emitting particulates, and the particulates cut the sun's rays (offsetting the greenhouse effect). Wouldn't you laugh (at least for half a second) to hear them proclaim that pollution is good for the environment?

hu·bris (hybrs) also hy·bris (h-)
n.
Overbearing pride or presumption; arrogance: "There is no safety in unlimited technological hubris" McGeorge Bundy.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Greek, excessive pride, wanton violence; see ud- in Indo-European roots.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hu·bristic (-brstk) adj.
hu·bristic·al·ly adv.

I had to LOL at the quote included with the definition. Very fitting.

steph3n
04-09-2009, 09:55 AM
this is scary......he wants to hide all in the darkness, what about sun shine on the laws, then it can never exist!
:eek:

LATruth
04-09-2009, 10:57 AM
None of the measures being put in place are really about "global warming".

Its to control, tax, and subjugate YOU. Who on this planet doesn't fear the Sun? It's the ULTIMATE FEAR CRESCENDO! It's also completely beyond your control, and so large in fact, you will need EXTREMELY LARGE measures to correct or solve the non-issue.

You wouldn't want the sea level to rise and wipe all major cities of the earth do you? (what a loaded question...)

You don't want to wake up one day to 120 degree heat everyday do you?

Circumstantial fear, imposed by your leaders to keep you from having transcendental thought. God forbid we evolve into a highly educated free-thinking society, how then would they pull the thin veil over our eyes and rape us silly?

:mad:

rpfan2008
04-09-2009, 11:09 AM
These chemicals are going to create more climate change than otherwise

misterx
04-09-2009, 11:15 AM
This isn't a new idea, nor is it a bad one.

LATruth
04-09-2009, 11:33 AM

Please elaborate.

This I have to hear.

A. Havnes
04-09-2009, 12:58 PM

I beg to differ.

LATruth
04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
LOL. Thank-you Chem trail man.

Rofl , I make ONE reference to HAARP and metals being sprayed into the atmosphere and now I'm "chemtrail man". Not only are some of these people here disrespectful assholes, they take shit out of context and spin it worse than fox news. In that thread I said I don't believe it(chemtrails), but we all know HAARP exists and it COULD possibly be one explanation. Which it could be. I don't know, YOU don't know.

Like there is no basis for thinking our government is studying weather modification, yeah "I'm Crazy" for that assumption. Pompous asshole.

idiom
04-09-2009, 07:58 PM
I am fine with your beliefs, but you were attacking someone else for failing to substantiate claims.

http://www.mattwardman.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/q-photo-pot-kettle-black-1.jpg

StrikerV
04-09-2009, 08:03 PM
The movie the Matrix spawned a prequel movie of before the matrix was began, its called "Animatrix" and this part shows the humans "smart" idea of killing the robots power source, the sun, and cover the earth in a black shroud. This video cuts right to the scene, with some music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEdNJoG68T8

idiom
04-09-2009, 08:05 PM
I looked everywhere for that scene. totally appropriate.

donnay
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
This is nothing new but they are finally publicly announcing it to the American people.

The Ultimate Weapon of Mass Destruction:
"Owning the Weather" for Military Use
by Michel Chossudovsky

www.globalresearch.ca 27 September 2004

The URL of this article is: http://globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO409F.html

This article is follow-up on an earlier study by the author entitled Washington's New World Order Weapons Have the Ability to Trigger Climate Change, Third World Resurgence, January 2001, http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/CHO201A.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Space Preservation Act of 2001 (Introduced in the House)
http://www.carnicom.com/hr2977.htm

HR 2977 IH

107th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 2977

To preserve the cooperative, peaceful uses of space for the benefit of all humankind by permanently prohibiting the basing of weapons in space by the United States, and to require the President to take action to adopt and implement a world treaty banning space-based weapons.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

October 2, 2001

Mr. KUCINICH introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Science, and in addition to the Committees on Armed Services, and International Relations, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL

To preserve the cooperative, peaceful uses of space for the benefit of all humankind by permanently prohibiting the basing of weapons in space by the United States, and to require the President to take action to adopt and implement a world treaty banning space-based weapons.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Space Preservation Act of 2001'.

SEC. 2. REAFFIRMATION OF POLICY ON THE PRESERVATION OF PEACE IN SPACE.

Congress reaffirms the policy expressed in section 102(a) of the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 (42 U.S.C. 2451(a)), stating that it `is the policy of the United States that activities in space should be devoted to peaceful purposes for the benefit of all mankind.'.

SEC. 3. PERMANENT BAN ON BASING OF WEAPONS IN SPACE.

The President shall--

(1) implement a permanent ban on space-based weapons of the United States and remove from space any existing space-based weapons of the United States; and

(2) immediately order the permanent termination of research and development, testing, manufacturing, production, and deployment of all space-based weapons of the United States and their components.

SEC. 4. WORLD AGREEMENT BANNING SPACE-BASED WEAPONS.

The President shall direct the United States representatives to the United Nations and other international organizations to immediately work toward negotiating, adopting, and implementing a world agreement banning space-based weapons.

SEC. 5. REPORT.

The President shall submit to Congress not later than 90 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, and every 90 days thereafter, a report on--

(1) the implementation of the permanent ban on space-based weapons required by section 3; and

(2) progress toward negotiating, adopting, and implementing the agreement described in section 4.

SEC. 6. NON SPACE-BASED WEAPONS ACTIVITIES.

Nothing in this Act may be construed as prohibiting the use of funds for--

(1) space exploration;

(2) space research and development;

(3) testing, manufacturing, or production that is not related to space-based weapons or systems; or

(4) civil, commercial, or defense activities (including communications, navigation, surveillance, reconnaissance, early warning, or remote sensing) that are not related to space-based weapons or systems.

SEC. 7. DEFINITIONS.

In this Act:

(1) The term `space' means all space extending upward from an altitude greater than 60 kilometers above the surface of the earth and any celestial body in such space.

(2)(A) The terms `weapon' and `weapons system' mean a device capable of any of the following:

(i) Damaging or destroying an object (whether in outer space, in the atmosphere, or on earth) by--

(I) firing one or more projectiles to collide with that object;

(II) detonating one or more explosive devices in close proximity to that object;

(III) directing a source of energy (including molecular or atomic energy, subatomic particle beams, electromagnetic radiation, plasma, or
extremely low frequency (ELF) or ultra low frequency (ULF) energy radiation) against that object; or

(IV) any other unacknowledged or as yet undeveloped means.

(ii) Inflicting death or injury on, or damaging or destroying, a person (or the biological life, bodily health, mental health, or physical and economic well-being of a person)--

(I) through the use of any of the means described in clause (i) or subparagraph (B);

(II) through the use of land-based, sea-based, or space-based systems using radiation, electromagnetic, psychotronic, sonic, laser, or other energies directed at individual persons or targeted populations for the purpose of information war, mood management, or mind control of such persons or populations; or

(III) by expelling chemical or biological agents in the vicinity of a person.

(B) Such terms include exotic weapons systems such as--

(i) electronic, psychotronic, or information weapons;

(ii) chemtrails;

(iii) high altitude ultra low frequency weapons systems;

(iv) plasma, electromagnetic, sonic, or ultrasonic weapons;

(v) laser weapons systems;

(vi) strategic, theater, tactical, or extraterrestrial weapons; and

(vii) chemical, biological, environmental, climate, or tectonic weapons.

(C) The term `exotic weapons systems' includes weapons designed to damage space or natural ecosystems (such as the ionosphere and upper atmosphere) or climate, weather, and tectonic systems with the purpose of inducing damage or destruction upon a target population or region on earth or in space.

tropicangela
04-10-2009, 09:59 AM
We had chemtrails over our city yday... sky was clear and blue outside of a certain mile radius... checkerboard pattern.... plane with 2 trails (one on each side)

nayjevin
04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Pentagon has sights on robot soldiers (http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20050216/news_1n16robot.html)

translation:

pentagon readying the public for swallowing the reality that robot soldiers have been in the works for 20 years

acptulsa
04-10-2009, 10:24 AM
translation:

pentagon readying the public for swallowing the reality that robot soldiers have been in the works for 20 years...

...so they'll understand that the powers that be now have population control enforcers who have no neighbors, no mamas, and no sense of community.

Kludge
04-10-2009, 10:29 AM
...so they'll understand that the powers that be now have population control enforcers who have no neighbors, no mamas, and no sense of community.

And they have lazers that shoot from their eyes!

Pew pew pew!

silverhawks
04-10-2009, 11:07 AM
If anyone expects government to solve anything, its going to be a long time coming..these crooks are MANAGERS. They are there to manage problems until their bosses - who we never see - tell them to drop that one (not solve it), and then they go on to manage another problem - creating perpetual voting issues, perpetual voting blocs.

silverhawks
04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
A Sun Shield that will Stop or Reverse Global Warming (http://global-warming.accuweather.com/2009/03/a_sun_shield_that_will_stop_or_1.html)

Scientists to stop global warming with 100,000 square mile sun shade (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/globalwarming/4839985/Scientists-to-stop-global-warming-with-100000-square-mile-sun-shade.html)

I hope that I don't need to point out what this might mean for organic farming, and possible moves towards increasing reliance on GM crops?

Also, I hope that everyone caught up on concept of artificial trees to capture carbon dioxide (which I believe that RAINFORESTS do already) - everyone here familiar with how that will affect Earth's atmosphere? Anyone else here feel comfortable with the idea of ANY government messing around with global oxygen production?