PDA

View Full Version : Has everyone signed up for Meetup.com yet?

FrankRep
09-18-2007, 11:09 AM
Everyone,

We've done a great job winning the Internet over to Ron Paul. I would like to encourage you to find a local Ron Paul Meetup group in your area to help spread the message off line too. It's very rewarding to talk to people face to face.

Join a local Meetup group.
http://RonPaul.Meetup.com

FSP-Rebel
09-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Everyone,

We've done a great job winning the Internet over to Ron Paul. I would like to encourage you to find a local Ron Paul Meetup group in your area to help spread the message off line too. It's very rewarding to talk to people face to face.

Join a local Meetup group.
http://RonPaul.Meetup.com
This is a must for anyone on here. Although, the typical turnout % for meetup members is like 20% max. It's interesting that people sign up for the meetups and yet find any and every excuse in the book to not attend. People need to check their priority list. I understand that those with children are kinda in a bad position, but those of us
w/o kids have no excuse.

hopeforamerica
09-18-2007, 11:30 AM
This is a must for anyone on here. Although, the typical turnout % for meetup members is like 20% max. It's interesting that people sign up for the meetups and yet find any and every excuse in the book to not attend. People need to check their priority list. I understand that those with children are kinda in a bad position, but those of us
w/o kids have no excuse.

Heck, I have a four year old and am an Assistant organizer! There is no excuse not to do something! What I find odd, is that a large percentage won't even chip in $5 to help the group out. Oh well, we have MANY dedicated people that give time and $$. We will do this!

mdh
09-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Heck, I have a four year old and am an Assistant organizer! There is no excuse not to do something! What I find odd, is that a large percentage won't even chip in $5 to help the group out. Oh well, we have MANY dedicated people that give time and $$. We will do this!

I generally prefer to send the limited money I can to the campaign HQ. Bolstering their fundraising numbers helps us a lot in terms of positive publicity, and looking more and more like a serious candidate who can win.

Patriot
09-18-2007, 11:42 AM
I just signed up to the Williamson County, TX meetup. 29 members.

FrankRep
09-18-2007, 11:55 AM
I just signed up to the Williamson County, TX meetup. 29 members.

Awesome.

nullvalu
09-18-2007, 12:02 PM

Heck, I have a 6, 5, and 1 year old.. and I'm an assistant organizer as well. ;)

hopeforamerica
09-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Heck, I have a 6, 5, and 1 year old.. and I'm an assistant organizer as well. ;)

We have a family that has 5 children in our group! The youngest is about 2 months old. They are very active! There really is no excuse. Just join, and do what you can. I don't do everything that is on our calendars, but I do as much as I can, while still keeping my family a central part of my life.

FSP-Rebel
09-18-2007, 12:37 PM
I like to look at it like this: During the REvolution, most men were away from their families for long periods of time and some never came back alive. They were up against the strongest, most organized military of the age. Hell, the Founders pledged their Lives, their Fortunes and their Sacred Honor for Liberty. Most of them lost famliy, their property and their fortunes. So, for some folks to give little to no effort here is a joke or at the very least cowardly. Spending a couple nights a week (for those who even do this) making/waving signs, lit-dropping, etc does not even compare to the hardships that our heroes were up against. Each one of us needs to look deep inside ourselves and decide how much their (family's) freedom is worth. However, this time around, the revolution will not seperate families nor will it bring on casualties. Are You gonna be able to hold your head high and bask in the glory that posterity will give us or are You gonna be one of the cajones-less chumps that hangs their head in shame and is the laughing stock of the free world? God gave each one of us special talents or gifts, but it's up to us to make use outta them.

hopeforamerica
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
I like to look at it like this: During the REvolution, most men were away from their families for long periods of time and some never came back alive. They were up against the strongest, most organized military of the age. Hell, the Founders pledged their Lives, their Fortunes and their Sacred Honor for Liberty. Most of them lost famliy, their property and their fortunes. So, for some folks to give little to no effort here is a joke or at the very least cowardly. Spending a couple nights a week (for those who even do this) making/waving signs, lit-dropping, etc does not even compare to the hardships that our heroes were up against. Each one of us needs to look deep inside ourselves and decide how much their (family's) freedom is worth. However, this time around, the revolution will not seperate families nor will it bring on casualties. Are You gonna be able to hold your head high and bask in the glory that posterity will give us or are You gonna be one of the cajones-less chumps that hangs their head in shame and is the laughing stock of the free world? God gave each one of us special talents or gifts, but it's up to us to make use outta them.

Amen!

FrankRep
09-18-2007, 01:51 PM

I like that.

The founding fathers gave up their lives; we can at least give some of our time to defend that freedom.

pennycat
09-18-2007, 02:23 PM
One of the best threads on this board!

FrankRep
09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
In the one video clip I've ever watched of Ron Paul he seemed intelligent and reasonable, if a bit of a pansy. However, what I find intriguing is that Digg and various discussion sites are crawling with Ron Paul topics, but he gets almost zero attention anywhere in the REAL WORLD. This tells me that he simply has a tiny, but vigilant army of trolls talking him up online, hoping that will somehow generate buzz and translate to attention in the real world. Sorry - ain't gonna work.

I found this quote on a Ron Paul article. Listen to him, we need to start publicly showing support for Ron Paul Outside on the streets.

FrankRep
09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
Look at all the new members of the forum! Wow!

http://RonPaul.Meetup.com/

Please get involved and help spread the word of Ron Paul. Meet local Ron Paul Voters and Activists!

FrankRep
09-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Come on you net warriors, bring the activism IRL!

:)