PDA

View Full Version : Help. Written a lengthy OP on RPFs then lost all that you wrote?

Dripping Rain
04-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Have you ever written a lengthy op here on the forum then after clicking submit new thread discovered that you were automatically logged out? thereby losing everything youve written and wasted your time?
heres a simple solution. First Never Ever click the back button on your browser.
Now open a new browser. log on into the forum. then click back on the window where you were logged out. tadaaa
another simple approach is to make sure youre still logged on in a new tab or window before you click submit. hope i saved you some time.

LibertyEagle
04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Or, check "Remember Me" when logging on.

phill4paul
04-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Or write it in word pad or some other program and copy/paste.;) I sent a letter to the editor and would have been in the paper today , except that my entire write-up didn't go through. So they sent an e-mail asking me to resubmit. I hadn't saved it in word pad and I had to get out the door to work. That'll learn me.;)

Dripping Rain
04-08-2009, 04:24 PM
or, check "remember me" when logging on.

+10000 :)

Dripping Rain
04-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Or write it in word pad or some other program and copy/paste.;) I sent a letter to the editor and would have been in the paper today , except that my entire write-up didn't go through. So they sent an e-mail asking me to resubmit. I hadn't saved it in word pad and I had to get out the door to work. That'll learn me.;)

that sucks. happened to me many times. i agree word is the safest option ofcourse after pen and paper :)
i once had to write a 10 page essay. when i was just finishing up there was an unexpected power outage because of a tornado. :( i nearly cried since i had to go hand it in after 15 minutes. thank god after that it automatically saved what ive written :)

misterx
04-08-2009, 04:29 PM
Yes. I've done it on my phone where that trick doesn't work. Very annoying.

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 08:51 PM
bump
problem solver thread

roho76
10-31-2010, 09:01 PM
Press Command/Control A then press Command/Control C before hitting submit. Problem solved.