PDA

View Full Version : Passing out Flyers Tomorrow at Dartmouth College/Hanover Suggestions!

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Any suggestions or tips before we hit the streets?

Green Mountain Boy
09-18-2007, 10:43 AM
What flyers are you using?

Rivington Essex
09-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Do you have nay signs. Try to put up signs leading up to where you are handing out flyers. Here is the reason below - go get em! We can win!

Some basic Marketing Strategy:
The first thing a candidate needs is name recognition. Several people who have worked on campaigns before say that a voter must hear a name 5 times before he remembers the name.

The best way to get name recognition is to use 3-5 advertising mediums in 3-5 days. A medium is simply the way you communicate (newspaper, tv, radio, phone call, e-mail, banner add, op-ed, letter, street fair etc. )If you could put up a billboard, drop a direct mail, and do phone calls all in a week, that would improve name recognition. Some studies say one message has only a 2% effectiveness, but when a consumer is hit with 3 messages from 3 sources in 3 days, the effectiveness increases to 30-50%.

So think about that when you do events. You can make your event 10 times more effective by communicating 3 times in 3 days. Put up signs all at once in your neighborhood, drop them a direct mail piece the next day, and then try to call them the following. 2 messages via 2 sources is better. 3 messages via 3 sources is better. You get the point.

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
What flyers are you using?

ones supplied by the campaign (I havent seen them my brother has them). Im picking some up in an hour, Ill come back and update what ones they are.

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Do you have nay signs. Try to put up signs leading up to where you are handing out flyers. Here is the reason below - go get em! We can win!

Some basic Marketing Strategy:
The first thing a candidate needs is name recognition. Several people who have worked on campaigns before say that a voter must hear a name 5 times before he remembers the name.

The best way to get name recognition is to use 3-5 advertising mediums in 3-5 days. A medium is simply the way you communicate (newspaper, tv, radio, phone call, e-mail, banner add, op-ed, letter, street fair etc. )If you could put up a billboard, drop a direct mail, and do phone calls all in a week, that would improve name recognition. Some studies say one message has only a 2% effectiveness, but when a consumer is hit with 3 messages from 3 sources in 3 days, the effectiveness increases to 30-50%.

So think about that when you do events. You can make your event 10 times more effective by communicating 3 times in 3 days. Put up signs all at once in your neighborhood, drop them a direct mail piece the next day, and then try to call them the following. 2 messages via 2 sources is better. 3 messages via 3 sources is better. You get the point.

We have 100s of signs and getting more. We will put the signs up on our way out of Hanover thanks got the good info.

AlexAmore
09-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Too bad Hanover is 2 hours from me. I would love to drive up there, but i'm in Dover by the seacoast. Good luck!

speciallyblend
09-18-2007, 10:55 AM
Try using the Fact He is Pro-Military/Anti-War when handing the flyer to a person,it usally opens up a person to talk about the war etc,opening up time to talk other issues as well;) if a person is rude back to you etc,then tell them to look at your paycheck and bendover,since both parties are gonna _______ fill in the blank depending on rudeness;) they usually cant debate since they stand there and realize they are getting _________(whatever word you choosed;0 then move on as you smile,and say have a Great Day. rarely used but great to shut them up;) but Hi,Did you hear or Hi,this man Ron Paul is running for President/He is winning straw polls across the nation(answer questions)He is THE PRO-MILITARY/ANTI-WAR Candidate Running for President,he wants to end the iraq war,protect our military,end the irs and get the federal goverment out of your life and out of state rights.He believes in the Constitution,He believes we should declare wars before we start wars,this opens up discussions without be boring and reciting his positions,most americans are over both parties,so this really opens a person up to mention what they dont like,which opens up your chance to discuss the RON PAUL MESSAGE;)

Lesgov
09-18-2007, 11:13 AM
Hey that's great!
Are you doing this with a group? I might be able to get a few people over there.

madcat033
09-18-2007, 11:14 AM
First off, read the "operation college campus blitz" sticky. Tons of useful advice for colleges. Secondly, make sure you use the new slim jim. Do NOT use the old slim jim. Very bad for college campuses. The new slim jim is GREAT and would work extremely well.

jj111
09-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Try my liberal voterguide flyer for liberal audiences, and my conservative voterguide flyer for conservative audiences. They are under files section of San Francisco RP meetup group (36).

LibertyEagle
09-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Any suggestions or tips before we hit the streets?

Take a look here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=10998

Jennifer picked out some speeches that she has handed out to students on college campuses. She found that they didn't toss these, like they did the Slim Jims. Take a look. She links to the speeches in the 1st post of the thread.

This is the thread that madcat was referring to as "Operation Campus Blitz".

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey that's great!
Are you doing this with a group? I might be able to get a few people over there.

it is a spur of the moment thing. However we do have some group things planned. We can plan a group thing if you want.

This is his meet up group. http://ronpaul.meetup.com/950/

---About the flyers, they are the slim jims that are on ronpaul2008.com website. We dont have as many as I thought (he took whatever Kate had left, he will be picking up more on the 29th)

ItsTime
09-18-2007, 01:25 PM
Take a look here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=10998

Jennifer picked out some speeches that she has handed out to students on college campuses. She found that they didn't toss these, like they did the Slim Jims. Take a look. She links to the speeches in the 1st post of the thread.

This is the thread that madcat was referring to as "Operation Campus Blitz".

Right now we will be walking the downtown district where business people and college students go to eat lunch and shop. It is a good mix of people. We are looking for students that go to Dartmouth that would be willing to set up tables and the like.