PDA

View Full Version : Running for City Council

UtahApocalypse
04-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I am launching an exploratory committee for the At-Large City Council position in West Valley City, Utah. This seat will be vacated as the current council member will be running for Mayor. I know that many are not living here but can still use grassroots support. I will let everyone know when, and what needs I have.

The first thing would be any of you that have/or will run for City Council. I would like to get some information on how your campaigns ran.

Thank you all for the support, and wish me luck! We can retake or country best from the bottom up.

Damon Talbot

UtahApocalypse
04-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Ok I could use some grassroots graphics. I have made a very basic design that I would like to have improved and expanded upon. The one requirement is that the "TalboT" stsys in all caps with the T's larger then the rest. This has a significant family meaning as two T's underlined was our cattle brand in Utah some 100 years ago to.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_y5VE7pS6hh0/Sdz9Aeo6JAI/AAAAAAAAAig/F4jcOaAve2o/Logo-1.jpg

UtahApocalypse
04-08-2009, 07:12 PM
bump..... any graphics artists??

awake
04-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Hello...

Carole
04-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Congratulations. And best of luck to you.

:D

cswake
04-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Good luck. If you can, reach out to the Mormon community for help since they are sympathetic to the cause of the Constitution.

Captain Bryan
04-08-2009, 08:29 PM
I wish you the best of luck!
I'm probably going to be doing the same in 2010.:)

Dripping Rain
04-08-2009, 08:37 PM
wishing you the best as long as you dont compromise justice

UtahApocalypse
04-09-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks all for the votes of support. Now can anyone play with my graphics a bit?? :)

dannno
04-09-2009, 11:37 AM
I have some family out there I'll let them know.

Jeremy
04-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I'll make a graphic when I get home (class now) unless awake is making something

Bill M DC
04-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Damon, It would cool if you blogged your trail here or set up a blog and gave us the link.

Also we can be your control group. Pitch to us and we'll be your hardest and fairest critics.

A bio and a synopsis of your world view would be a good place to start as well.

Also might help to rename the thread and/or blog "Damon Talbot for City Council-West Valley City, Utah

Get a Chip-in and pay pall.

stormcommander can play with the font of your graphic and make it look like a real brand which leads into swag.

You have work to do my friend.:D

UtahApocalypse
04-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Damon, It would cool if you blogged your trail here or set up a blog and gave us the link.

Also we can be your control group. Pitch to us and we'll be your hardest and fairest critics.

A bio and a synopsis of your world view would be a good place to start as well.

Also might help to rename the thread and/or blog "Damon Talbot for City Council-West Valley City, Utah

Get a Chip-in and pay pall.

stormcommander can play with the font of your graphic and make it look like a real brand which leads into swag.

You have work to do my friend.:D

Yep, this is all the preliminary work now. Things will get going much more soon.

UtahApocalypse
04-11-2009, 10:38 AM
bump for weekend graphics people.

awake
04-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Post up you graphic and I will see what I can do...Also be clear as to the text to be used.

UtahApocalypse
04-11-2009, 03:10 PM
I will have to get it hosted again, seems the link died

UtahApocalypse
04-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok I got it in PhotoBucket now.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa299/Utah4RonPaul/Logo-1.jpg

Jeremy
04-11-2009, 03:38 PM
OK, I put some together. I can make edits if you want. These are 50% previews of the originals I have.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8384/50prevbasic.jpg blue with white

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9929/50prevgrad.jpg blue gradient with white

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7720/50prevflag.jpg (might not make sense since it's a local race)

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5143/50prevwhite.jpg white with blue

james1906
04-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Good luck. If you can, reach out to the Mormon community for help since they are sympathetic to the cause of the Constitution.

Harry Reid and Mitt Romney must have not gotten the memo.

Real_CaGeD
04-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I would like to see your platform.

awake
04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/1jqkgi.jpg

Don't Tread on Mike
04-11-2009, 08:25 PM
lol, Awake that is badass.

Bill M DC
04-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Bump...Nice work Awake.

UtahApocalypse
04-12-2009, 01:44 PM
First I want to thank storm and awake for great graphics!! Right now im just starting this endeavor and looking to get things in place for when I hit the campaign full force.

I would like to see your platform.

Sir, Let me start by explaining that in West Valley City we has a form of government where the City Council is the Board, Mayor is the Chairman, and the City Manager is the CEO. With this in mind the Council advises the city on budget, ordinances, planning, and civic awards. The City Manager runs the city on the day-to-day basis.

As a councilman there are a few goals that I have. Firstly is to make sure that we are running things in the most efficient, and effective manner. I will work hard to make sure decisions that are made for the city will always be in the best interests. As to ordinances I will keep the supreme law of the land in mind while also balancing to keep the city safe, clean, and continuing to prosper and grow.

West Valley City is coming out of its adolescence and beginning the process of maturing to true first class city. As such I want to make sure all the new growth projects and plans fit with our city's vision. We have new transportation coming in. We are looking forward to the reconstruction of Valley Fair Mall and its expansion. We will face some very major issues with the Mountain View Corridor being built through the city's west side.

I want to also focus on business. We have some great locations for corporate facilities, new retail areas, and development of manufacturing. I feel we also need to expand our entertainment, and tourism. We have a few world class venues which i would like to work to have used more frequently. I would also like to bring in new venues for family type fun and also more adult night life. We are letting too much tax revenue slip away to our neighbor cities.

As a councilman I will be open to the community. I will do my best to fill the needs of each of our city's different areas. I will work to ensure that West Valley is very open and transparent to its residents. I will work to better communications on events, projects, and city issues. I will incorporate social networking and online media to keep our residents well informed.

I know that much of what I envision and want to do will take hard work, and patience. I feel I have great organizational skills to help prioritize and enact our goals. West Valley is a city is ready to step up to the challenge.