PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Kokesh 2010 Forum

ronpaulhawaii
04-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the crucible of the r3VOLution! :)

This forum is intended to support Adam Kokesh for Congress in New Mexico's 3rd District.

This is just a section of a large and active community. We try to do as little moderation as possible and have found our minarchial style works for most.

Please take the time to read the guidelines (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22) (we all try to follow) and remember the prime directive to the Grassroots: HAVE FUN!!!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs034.snc1/2597_84635912952_663957952_2308297_6931195_n.jpg

If you are an established member here, you know the rules ;). Regarding perceived "pointless negativity". Threads which seem to be devolving into "blimp-esqe" type drama will go to the vent.

TruthisTreason
04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Adam for congress!!!!

Cowlesy
04-08-2009, 11:22 AM
He's a great orator, so this could prove fruitful.

Good luck Adam!

reduen
04-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I would love to see this also but does Adam know that he is running yet?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I am going to get on WZBH to add the interview with Adam as a podcast on their site.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Here it is

http://wzbhpodcast.com/blog1/?p=109

ronpaulhawaii
04-08-2009, 01:48 PM
I would love to see this also but does Adam know that he is running yet?

This was Matt Colvin's idea.

Adam and I talked in St Louis (obviously), but he wonders how much support he would have. Hence the site. If we can show support, he will run.

Hasn't really launched yet. Still waiting for Matt (his job prevents him from giving it as much time as I can...) and the coder to check in...

ronpaulhawaii
04-08-2009, 01:50 PM
Here it is

http://wzbhpodcast.com/blog1/?p=109

Thank you!

paulpwns
04-08-2009, 01:55 PM
I would support him and work for his campaign. He gave the best speech at the revolution march imho.

ClayTrainor
04-08-2009, 01:59 PM
Adam 2010!

hotbrownsauce
04-08-2009, 02:48 PM
I may support Kokesh, I'd have to hear more about him first. I would be willing to send a few dollars.

thasre
04-08-2009, 06:03 PM
I've heard the name, but I'm not going to lie... I have no idea who Adam Kokesh is. Details?

EDIT: Well, I've looked into him some by now, and I see he's good on the war issue and a Ron Paul supporter (so probably good on most other issues) but I'd have to be convinced that he's a serious candidate... and I need to be convinced that he really represents what we want for the movement...

MRoCkEd
04-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Watch his youtube speeches

AdamT
04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Kokesh rules! I would pay to see him debate some neocon in a primary.

ItsTime
04-08-2009, 06:29 PM
Give them hell!

christagious
04-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I'd like to see him run but I don't know if I see a win being viable. From what I've seen and read, he would probably be seen as too militant in the mainstream's eyes to convince enough people to vote for him. And would he be able to carry himself as professionally and statesman-like as possible during a debate? I don't kknow a whole lot about him but he kind of looks like a hothead as well, that's just going off of looks though.

Elle
04-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Adam's youtube speeches are amazing. GO ADAM!!!!!!

He Who Pawns
04-09-2009, 08:23 AM
[ removed by admin per forum guidelines ]

zara oly
04-12-2009, 06:18 PM
what district will he be running in. Sorry, I've been trying to find that info to no avail.

ronpaulhawaii
04-12-2009, 06:41 PM
what district will he be running in. Sorry, I've been trying to find that info to no avail.

http://draftkokesh.com/the-district/

zara oly
04-12-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh, sweet! He would be going against Ben Lujan, which I know very little of, except, I did, once, look at his website, and he seemed to be highly pro-oil. I'm guessing that where he got most of his money. That part of New Mexico has a lot of natural resources; is agricultural; and mostly rural. It, also, has a high indigenous population, a strong Mormon community, old Hispanic community, etc., etc.. Ben Lujan could be said to be relatively unknown, as he has just begun his first term as a congressman. He won the seats of one of the Udall brothers, who I think became Senator. The other Udall brother is a politician in Colorado. Kokesh would be representing the Four Corners in some respect. The Navajo Nation there saddles NM, AZ, and UT.

At this point, from what I have seen of Kokesh, I am totally behind the man. His radical actions should speak loudly, and represents a new bold force in the movement. In fact, I would like to see where he stands on the issues: the federal reserve, the empire, which includes 9/11, and other pertinent liberty causes that I won't bring up here due to the fact I can't think of them.

http://draftkokesh.com/the-district/
Durr!! There it is. Went to the site but didn't look before I asked, apparently. thanks for the link.

ronpaulhawaii
04-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Oh, sweet! He would be going against Ben Lujan, which I know very little of, except, I did, once, look at his website, and he seemed to be highly pro-oil. I'm guessing that where he got most of his money. That part of New Mexico has a lot of natural resources; is agricultural; and mostly rural. It, also, has a high indigenous population, a strong Mormon community, old Hispanic community, etc., etc.. Ben Lujan could be said to be relatively unknown, as he has just begun his first term as a congressman. He won the seats of one of the Udall brothers, who I think became Senator. The other Udall brother is a politician in Colorado. Kokesh would be representing the Four Corners in some respect. The Navajo Nation there saddles NM, AZ, and UT.

At this point, from what I have seen of Kokesh, I am totally behind the man. His radical actions should speak loudly, and represents a new bold force in the movement. In fact, I would like to see where he stands on the issues: the federal reserve, the empire, which includes 9/11, and other pertinent liberty causes that I won't bring up here due to the fact I can't think of them.

:)

You'll find his views on these issues, including 911, very similar to Ron Paul's.

Welcome to the board, glad to see someone who knows the district.

How well do you know the area? It would be great to see a post/thread about it, including possible GOP contenders. If you are familiar with the area, and wanting to help out... ;)

:D

Kraig
04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I really have a hard time trusting someone who wanted to do a 2nd tour and the only reason he didn't was because they didn't let them. He really has some explaining to do as to why he had a change of heart before I trust him with much of anything. I'm not saying I wouldn't support him because of this, but he needs to bring it to light first.

afmatt
04-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I really have a hard time trusting someone who wanted to do a 2nd tour and the only reason he didn't was because they didn't let them. He really has some explaining to do as to why he had a change of heart before I trust him with much of anything. I'm not saying I wouldn't support him because of this, but he needs to bring it to light first.

I've done three tours, does that mean you don't trust me?

IMHO Adam had his wakeup call when they refused to let him go a second time - the reality of what the country (and it's military) have become slapped him in the face and helped him make the change into what he is today.

Kraig
04-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I've done three tours, does that mean you don't trust me?

IMHO Adam had his wakeup call when they refused to let him go a second time - the reality of what the country (and it's military) have become slapped him in the face and helped him make the change into what he is today.

No that is not something I would take and say "yeah I want this guy to have political power over me". I support candidates who are anti-war and someone who signs up for the military isn't, sure people can change there mind, that's why I said I wanted to hear what he has to say on the issue, don't take it personally.

ronpaulhawaii
04-15-2009, 08:05 AM
No that is not something I would take and say "yeah I want this guy to have political power over me". I support candidates who are anti-war and someone who signs up for the military isn't, sure people can change there mind, that's why I said I wanted to hear what he has to say on the issue, don't take it personally.

Adam is a non-interventionist. He subscribes to the non-aggression principle.

IMO - He is not a pacifist, in the sense that some wars are "just." He found out the hard way that the "War on Terror" is a lie and became an "anti-war" activist...

I imagine that if the Chinese attacked our soil, he would sign on to a "declaration of war", (but I cannot speak for him, nor the circumstances of a hypothetical future.)

I hope that helps

Tina Richards
04-17-2009, 04:50 PM
I pledge to move to Santa Fe New Mexico to work on his campaign. My teenage daughter may not like the idea of uprooting us, but it is for her future that I will do it.
Run, Adam, Run!

ronpaulhawaii
04-17-2009, 04:54 PM
I pledge to move to Santa Fe New Mexico to work on his campaign. My teenage daughter may not like the idea of uprooting us, but it is for her future that I will do it.
Run, Adam, Run!

Welcome to the crucible of the r3VOLution, Tina :)

polomertz
04-17-2009, 05:06 PM
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh299/polomertz/kokeshpledge.jpg

More.