PDA

View Full Version : Be prepared for man on the street interviews!

Elwar
04-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Ok, I feel ashamed of my interview with a local reporter. I was just sitting in my truck while my wife runs into the store. A local news guy with the camera guy are out there and they come up and ask if they can get a quick interview.

I'm thinking...finally, the news will be interviewing someone who actually understands the politics and ways of things instead of the redneck standing in front of his destroyed trailer talking about how he lost a perfectly good six pack of Bud.

So, he puts the microphone in my face and talks about some kid at school on the army base getting molested by a teacher...

I'm kinda caught off guard, how is this news? Why would you ask me about such a stupid thing that is probably being handled by the police and courts. Through his jedi newsman mind tricks he asked a few leading questions then coaxed me into saying "I guess they should do some better background checks on these teachers"...which is probably exactly the clip he was looking for...white guy in a truck saying that we should have better background checks. I felt like an idiot...I don't know why I said it. I told my wife about it and she was just like...dumbass..

What I would have liked to say...having the benefit of time to think about it would have been. "Why would you be focussing on such a sensationalist story while our federal government is raping the American people." (or something along those lines)...I doubt I would've been on the news that night but it's better than me being on the news saying what I did.

Just a fair warning. Don't get sucked into the shiny white teeth!