PDA

View Full Version : My Local Newspaper Left Out Ron Paul on Healthcare!

derdy
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Check it out!!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/politics/story/FB5E56214A380CE88625735A001D5D74?OpenDocument

Can everyone please contact them and point out that Ron Paul is running for President, he is a DOCTOR!, and that he should be included in this little article they made.

here is contact information about corrections and this not only appeared on their website, but also in the Paper that went out today:

Have a correction?
If we made a mistake, we want to fix it.

For corrections in the newspaper, contact the editor in charge of the section in which the mistake occurred.

If you are uncertain whom to contact for a newspaper correction, call main news editor, Steve Parker at 314.340.8287.

General Web Site Corrections:
Contact Kurt Greenbaum, at kgreenbaum@post-dispatch.com or 314.340.8123.

Prep Sports Web Site Corrections:
Corrections to the prep sports section must come from the school coach. Have the coach contact our prep sports editors at 314.830.5400 or by e-mailing stats@stltoday.com.

hopeforamerica
09-18-2007, 09:20 AM
The media is getting on my last nerve!

derdy
09-18-2007, 09:24 AM
This is an AP article. It doesn't say that on the website, but someone who has the paper just informed me of this. Not sure if contacting the paper would do much good since they didn't write it. Does anyone think it's worth a shot? I mean, if they wish to be a credible source of news, shouldn't the articles they carry, regardless of who penned them, be accurate?

speciallyblend
09-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Who has the AP contact correction,thats who we need to write,so they can have a AP CORRECTION FOR EVERY PAPER That printed the story

JAHOGS
09-18-2007, 09:29 AM
Laura Ingraham is talking about helthcare right now and she sounds word for word like RON PAUL. FREEMARKET, FREEMARKET, this is so Hilarious no word about Ron Paul but she sounds like she just took a page out of his book.

Oh and she was talking about this article I believe.

Stealth4
09-18-2007, 09:30 AM
This is a topic I need to understand better myself, I know he is against socialized medicine, but what would he do, or suggest to congress that could be done to make our health care system truly a free market system and reduce costs?

Many people are opposed to socialized health care but dont see an alternative. I think the campaign needs to get his suggestions for health care on the website. Right now there is not enough info.

Thom1776
09-18-2007, 09:34 AM
They also left out the Democrat front-runner. So at least it's balanced.

CJLauderdale4
09-18-2007, 09:35 AM
Just wrote the STLtoday folks....
I don't care if they get their news from the AP, they control what they print and post on the web regardless of what the AP writes....

disinter
09-18-2007, 09:36 AM
emailed.

American
09-18-2007, 09:47 AM
emailed

derdy
09-18-2007, 09:56 AM
This is a topic I need to understand better myself, I know he is against socialized medicine, but what would he do, or suggest to congress that could be done to make our health care system truly a free market system and reduce costs?

Many people are opposed to socialized health care but dont see an alternative. I think the campaign needs to get his suggestions for health care on the website. Right now there is not enough info.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=22

Just wrote the STLtoday folks....
I don't care if they get their news from the AP, they control what they print and post on the web regardless of what the AP writes....

That's exactly what I said to my local meetup. If they wish to be a credible source of news, they need to make sure that their 3rd party sources are accurate and complete.

They also left out the Democrat front-runner. So at least it's balanced.

No, the main article was a piece about Hitlery's new healthcare plan. The link I posted was kind of a follow-up on the other candidates and where they stood. Both are written by AP. I think we need to contact them too. Here's the link to the Hillary piece:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/politics/story/B9CD367CD4C23B678625735A0013D7D3?OpenDocument

ThePieSwindler
09-18-2007, 10:11 AM

The first thing he'd do is try to get a law passed that not only gives HMOs tax breaks, but gives them to individual doctors too. The doctors are taxed as much, they don't have to take certain programs if they dont want to (get rid of government mandated coercion in how doctors must practice), also allow more health freedom in decisions so that there is more competition (alternative medicines, etc). Allow people to go to a nurse or another health practitioner who is not an M.D. if they so choose. Prices are kept high because of the nature of insurance, and how it is used to cover literally everything, when years ago it was only used to cover catastrophic health problems, just like car insurance is used to cover crashes and other severe damage, but not oil changes. Let doctors choose to take patients without insurance for free if they wish - many doctors used to do this, Ron has even talked about doing this. Doctors are passionate people, many will still help peolpe who cannot pay, as long as it does not hurt the doctor's livelihood. Unfortunately, doctors are hounded by insurance, hmos, and the government so much that they really can't afford to be compassionate if they wish to make ends meet. In short, freedom is the answer.

derdy
09-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Good job guys!!!

This is an email received by someone in our meetup:

I just got an email back. Good job guys.Here it is below:

You're right. We'll get it corrected ASAP. I apologize for the oversight.

---------------------------------------------

Kurt Greenbaum

Online News Director

St. Louis Post-Dispatch

http://stltoday.com

314.340.8123 (o) || 314.803.7726 (c)

kgreenbaum@post-dispatch.com

undergroundrr
09-18-2007, 11:10 AM
The Ron-less health care article was in the Fort Worth Star Telegram as well. I thought it was pretty sad after Ron's great finish at the TX GOP Straw Poll.

CJLauderdale4
09-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Looks like it's a form letter response to all of the Ron Paul emailers.

I got the same email response too...

Many people want to simply give up on the MSM and local newspapers, but what people need to realize is that the more noise we make, the more they MUST listen to us.

Then when they report about Ron's campaign, we get MSM visibility.

derdy
09-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Its been corrected on the website!

Check it out on the right hand side of the Clinton article
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/politics/story/B9CD367CD4C23B678625735A0013D7D3?OpenDocument

and here too

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/politics/story/FB5E56214A380CE88625735A001D5D74?OpenDocument

Now we need to go after the AP!

Patriot
09-18-2007, 12:12 PM
— Former Tennessee Sen. Fred Thompson: "Market-driven" expansion of affordable

coverage.

Good idea, Fred.