PDA

View Full Version : I much prefer Ron Paul forums to the DailyPaul

free.alive
04-06-2009, 10:29 PM
my letter to the DailyPaul community:

Over here there is constant babble about bullshit conspiracies, over there relevant discussion and the occasional philosophical debate. Over here there is worship of conspiracy nut Alex Jones, over there there is a more focused commitment to focusing on spreading the message of Liberty, not despondence, fear, paranoia, etc. Austrian economics and libertarian political theory is often given as a measure for the opinion promoted, and there is a concerted attempt to explain it to newcomers as well as relate current events to it.

I'm actually embarrassed to let people I turn on to Liberty find out DailyPaul exists. Nystrom, you've failed to encourage any standard among the content at all, and now this place is a cesspool of bullshit like chemtrails, reptilian bs, 9.11 hysteria and other painfully irrelevant and distracting disinfo.

I used to see DailyPaul as valuable for getting some YouTube videos first, but anything worth viewing is often on other sources first. And then there is requisite post: "This really pisses me off!"

You've got dibs on the RJ Harris clips,Rand Paul at Knob Creek. Good. But mostly this place has become a waste of time, an embarrassment and a potential deterrent for new adherents of Liberty.

To a good many of you frothing-at-the-mouth conspiracy devotees, you anti-rational believe-in-anything fools: If Ron Paul runs for President again, or there is a by some act of God a comparable candidate, please, for the sake of the future of Liberty, stay away! I do not thank you for all you do for it is a major roadblock in selling our cause to others. Please crawl back under your rocks and disconnect your internet.

torchbearer
04-06-2009, 10:36 PM
A few Einsteins here think we'd benefit by having even less moderation. ;)
I think we've kept this place running nicely.

TruthisTreason
04-06-2009, 10:37 PM
You've got dibs on the ......,Rand Paul at Knob Creek. .

Don't know about dibs, but I appreciate him posting my video.;)

DAFTEK
04-06-2009, 10:39 PM

Considering:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/collapse_thead.gif (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php#top) Liberty Forest Statistics http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/misc/stats.gif Threads: 168,996, Posts: 2,040,390, Members: 22,230
Welcome to our newest member, HealthActivist (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=23175)

:cool::D

free.alive
04-06-2009, 10:51 PM
Yes! Kudos mods. I've been on here for a LONG time, usually lurking, but I check at least twice a day. The flow of information has usually been very relevant. For instance, when I was a RP08 staffer, I actually informed my boss of quite a few things going on nationally!

Anyway, the discussions are great, I appreciate everyone's attempt at tackling the tough issues in a civil and thoughtful manner, and the tendency toward self/group moderation is actually very good.

Mad props.

(and my bad about the "dibs" comment, TruthisTreason!)

speciallyblend
04-07-2009, 05:47 AM
RPF is ahead of msnbc/fox/cnn and the rest of the jokes on tv!!

i come to RPF for news now instead of the jokes of msm!

Jeremy
04-07-2009, 05:54 AM

lol no

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 08:42 AM
lol no

IF you don't think this place is running nicely, you can go to the Daily Paul anarchic utopia.

constituent
04-07-2009, 08:47 AM
IF you don't think this place is running nicely, you can go to the Daily Paul anarchic utopia.

Utopia? Only suckers think (or suggest) that anarchy would be utopian.

That said:

One could consider this to be an "anarchy" form of ownership.

Theocrat
04-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I enjoy visiting both Liberty Forest and Daily Paul, although I must admit I have an addiction to the forums here. :D

brandon
04-07-2009, 09:11 AM
my letter to the DailyPaul community:

Over here there is constant babble about bullshit conspiracies, over there relevant discussion and the occasional philosophical debate. Over here there is worship of conspiracy nut Alex Jones, over there there is a more focused commitment to focusing on spreading the message of Liberty, not despondence, fear, paranoia, etc. Austrian economics and libertarian political theory is often given as a measure for the opinion promoted, and there is a concerted attempt to explain it to newcomers as well as relate current events to it.

I'm actually embarrassed to let people I turn on to Liberty find out DailyPaul exists. Nystrom, you've failed to encourage any standard among the content at all, and now this place is a cesspool of bullshit like chemtrails, reptilian bs, 9.11 hysteria and other painfully irrelevant and distracting disinfo.

I used to see DailyPaul as valuable for getting some YouTube videos first, but anything worth viewing is often on other sources first. And then there is requisite post: "This really pisses me off!"

You've got dibs on the RJ Harris clips,Rand Paul at Knob Creek. Good. But mostly this place has become a waste of time, an embarrassment and a potential deterrent for new adherents of Liberty.

To a good many of you frothing-at-the-mouth conspiracy devotees, you anti-rational believe-in-anything fools: If Ron Paul runs for President again, or there is a by some act of God a comparable candidate, please, for the sake of the future of Liberty, stay away! I do not thank you for all you do for it is a major roadblock in selling our cause to others. Please crawl back under your rocks and disconnect your internet.

Cheers to Josh for having an awesome forum!

(Although I must concede we do have our fair share of lunatics, psychotics, trolls, and morons here. The trolls and lunatics are generally kept under control by the ruthless fist of LibertyEagle, but the morons pretty much come and go as they please.)

Dreamofunity
04-07-2009, 09:16 AM
I use to visit/lurk DailyPaul a lot until I found RPF. I found much more sophistication here which I enjoy.

I still visit DailyPaul just to see if they have any videos or interesting stories, while just overlooking the fringe conspiracy stuff like I did before, and I come here for actual news and discussion.

malkusm
04-07-2009, 09:21 AM

Storm is a moderator at another forum, so I think he was saying that the people who think "less moderation would be a good thing" are off base.

RonPaulVolunteer
04-07-2009, 10:38 AM
DailyPaul still exists? Hmm...

angelatc
04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I think we have our fair share of conspiracy theories 'round these parts too, but it's really the only conservative anti-war forum I can find.

angelatc
04-07-2009, 11:00 AM

I think that just depends on whether you believe that social engineering is required to build a strong community.

Bryan
04-07-2009, 11:02 AM
While I'm certainly glad to see appreciation for this forum I can't say I'm a big fan of part of the tone of this thread given that Michael Nystrom and I would probably be great friends if we lived in the same city. We had talked on the phone after the campaign and compared notes- what a hoot that was. :D I did get to meet Michael in Minneapolis where we got to talk a good bit more. He did get a picture of us there that I haven't seen yet however... :)

Certainly the free market will rule, and RPFs and DP are different beasts so we will be different- I have always appreciated the Daily Paul for a number of reasons and I just hope everyone shows respect for Mr. Nystrom and his works, even if you don't agree with everything. Thanks. :)

Cowlesy
04-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Daily Paul is a cool site, haven't been there in a while but will have another look when i go home.

pinkmandy
04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
I started off at the Daily Paul then joined here right around the time of the NH primary as it seemed more exciting here. I ended up just leaving DP altogether. I just liked the layout and discussions here a lot more- much easier to find stuff and the people are pretty awesome, too. Haven't been to DP in a long time. No offense meant, though. I love everyone who recognizes what's really at stake and is willing to put themselves out there to make this country a better place for our kids. :D

haaaylee
04-07-2009, 11:43 AM
daily paul is good for checking out the front page and hoping for a good find or video, but the forums set up there isn't as good as here.

Vbulletin trumps.

angelatc
04-07-2009, 12:06 PM
I started off at the Daily Paul then joined here right around the time of the NH primary as it seemed more exciting here. I ended up just leaving DP altogether. I just liked the layout and discussions here a lot more- much easier to find stuff and the people are pretty awesome, too. Haven't been to DP in a long time. No offense meant, though. I love everyone who recognizes what's really at stake and is willing to put themselves out there to make this country a better place for our kids. :D

I would say that I found this place first, but I never cared for the layout of TDP. I still wander over there occasionally, and I am just thrilled that there are enough of us to keep 2 forums alive so far.

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
Utopia? Only suckers think (or suggest) that anarchy would be utopian.

That said:

There are no ARChs in anarchy. We have moderators, so i think Bryan is a little off in his presentation.
We have more of a minarchy here.
Your welcome for the clarification.

Bryan
04-07-2009, 01:29 PM
There are no ARChs in anarchy. We have moderators, so i think Bryan is a little off in his presentation.
We have more of a minarchy here.

Are we on the same page on the context? This is the source:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=187503

Just trying to understand.

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Are we on the same page on the context? This is the source:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=187503

Just trying to understand.

Same on context, the argument is purely semantics. As in, what is the definition of anarchy. That is our disagreement.
Not the principle of moderation and community of the forum.
I think you and Josh have the right mix of allowing people to freely express, and also to moderate to keep it functional.
In order to do so, you have to create laws/guidelines, and have a body in place to enforce those guidelines.
To me, that isn't anarchy. That is at its best, minarchy.
Daily Paul is more like anarchy and that is why people prefer this place.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I like the DP but I find the layout to be irritating and so I much prefer it here. Things are easier to navigate here and discussion seems to be much more focused.

Bryan
04-07-2009, 01:37 PM
I am just thrilled that there are enough of us to keep 2 forums alive so far.
A big +1 on this! Both being in the top 50 right-of-center web sites too, per RightWingNews.com.

Same on context, the argument is purely semantics. As in, what is the definition of anarchy. That is our disagreement.
Not the principle of moderation and community of the forum.
I think you and Josh have the right mix of allowing people to freely express, and also to moderate to keep it functional.
In order to do so, you have to create laws/guidelines, and have a body in place to enforce those guidelines.
To me, that isn't anarchy. That is at its best, minarchy.
Daily Paul is more like anarchy and that is why people prefer this place.

Per my linked post, I'm certainly not saying what we have here is anarchy- we're in a sense modeled after a Republic.

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
A big +1 on this! Both being in the top 50 right-of-center web sites too, per RightWingNews.com.

Per my linked post, I'm certainly not saying what we have here is anarchy- we're in a sense modeled after a Republic.

I was responding to constituent who was quoting you out of context in an effort to discredit what I was saying about this forum compared to daily paul.
I understand the context of what you are talking about. Our original Republic was a minarchy.
Some here want us to believe anarchy is what we need. I was illustrating how our "Republic"/minarchy here is superior to the anarchy of Daily Paul.

Just re-read my responses in this thread along with constituent's response to mine.
Then you'll see what I'm talking about...

constituent
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM

You're welcome for the grammar lesson.

(even though you FAIL at understanding anarchy)

constituent
04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
I was illustrating how our "Republic"/minarchy here is superior to the anarchy of Daily Paul.

more fail.

A republic is a form of government in which the head of state is not a hereditary monarch[1] but in which the people (or at least a part of its people)[2] have an impact on its government.[3][4]

additionally:

In political theory and political science, the term "republic" is generally applied to a state where the government's political power depends solely on the consent, however nominal, of the people governed.

Lemme know when the government arrives.

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
You're welcome for the grammar lesson.

(even though you FAIL at understanding anarchy)

Please educate my simple mind. It will be very hard since I'm not able to comprehend on them same level as yourself.
Try simple hand gestures and grunts first.. then we can move on to stick figures.

RevolutionSD
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
Far more anarchists (rational thinkers) on RPF, me likey. :)

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 01:58 PM
more fail.

Lemme know when the government arrives.

I told you it was a matter of semantics. I just wrote my definition of what I said.. and gave you the word I attribute to it.
If you want to pull other people's definition of the word, and place it in the context of what I said.. go ahead.
Either deal with the content of the info of what I said. Which you can't... because its truth or continue to argue definitions.

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 02:03 PM
But- if you want to get technical. This is a monarchy republic.
Josh is the sole person with the rights here. It is all his property.
We use his kingdom with his permission. He is a benevolent king, and grants many freedoms.
But he has rules and he has Shire Reeves in place to enforce them.

This is not anarchy.

constituent
04-07-2009, 02:03 PM

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 02:06 PM
In fact, a republic, as ours was suppose to be... is a nation of kings. Each person had the rights as if he was a king. and each man had his own kingdom.
Every man was a king, but no one wore the crown.

torchbearer
04-07-2009, 02:13 PM
I think we both want the same thing, i just think its a mistake to call it anarchy.
I call the mob government of today- anarchy. There is no end to their power, there are no rights, only might. Those with the most force wins. I don't see that as beneficial.
I'd rather have a republic built on a law that is held higher than any man. A constitution. One that allows each Man to be a king and to be protected with lawful authority from encroachment on those rights by other Men.

trey4sports
04-07-2009, 10:14 PM
i wouldnt alienate one of our strongest allies.................

JoshLowry
04-07-2009, 10:18 PM
i wouldnt alienate one of our strongest allies.................

Of course not! I love Nystrom's site.

Everyone moderates differently.

Real_CaGeD
04-07-2009, 10:48 PM
I think we have our fair share of conspiracy theories 'round these parts too, but it's really the only conservative anti-war forum I can find.

The fact that you believe "war" is not a conspiracy, makes me want to wear my tinfoil hat.

xd9fan
04-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Have we americans had enough of the this vs that crap. Enjoy both, enjoy one....move on people. Liberty means choice and the freedom to do it.